Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1421

Fantastic Four: Grimm Noir oneshot out February.

By Gerry Duggan and Ron Garney

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

"Wuz a dreary night on ol' Yancy Street when I went up to da Canuck's doorstep. Didn't even haveta knock. I just hadda look him in the eyes and ask--"

"Why, Wolverine? Why didn't they buy sum of dat Future Foundation? Why'd you mutants haveta take all of da bread?"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Not the final logo, I assume, since that's using the classic one instead of the current one like the previous one-shots.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fantastic Four: Grimm Noir oneshot out February.

By Gerry Duggan and Ron Garney

I thought this was going to be set in the Marvel Noir universe for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Wuz a dreary night on ol' Yancy Street when I went up to da Canuck's doorstep. Didn't even haveta knock. I just hadda look him in the eyes and ask--"

"Why, Wolverine? Why didn't they buy sum of dat Future Foundation? Why'd you mutants haveta take all of da bread?"
    I wish the Future Foundation and Invisible Woman book got even half the promo most X-books get...

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Four: Grimm Noir looks quite intriguing.
    Another comc book i will be buying in February.

I wish the Future Foundation and Invisible Woman book got even half the promo most X-books get...
    I don't. I'm fine with just the FF book. Of course I believe Marvel should only publish about 25 to 30 superhero titles....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Why aren't you working for Marvel? WTF is wrong with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't. I'm fine with just the FF book. Of course I believe Marvel should only publish about 25 to 30 superhero titles....
    Having options is not bad. I'd rather Marvel give readers a variety of books that they can read.

Having options is not bad. I'd rather Marvel give readers a variety of books that they can read.
    25 to 30 is a nice healthy selection that makes it easier for Marvel to still practice quality control.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    25 to 30 is a nice healthy selection that makes it easier for Marvel to still practice quality control.
    I think all that will do is lose readers and it doesn't ensure quality.

I wish Sue and Johnny were written more like actual siblings. That they'd get into fights and arguments over something petty, have mean nicknames for each other, insult each other at times, joke around and stuff.
    It's really sad that him and Ben feel more like siblings than him and Sue. The only times they have worthwhile interactions is whenever repeating Johnny's plot of having to grow up. She usually moans at him about it and the says she's proud or something when he grows up a little. Rinse and Repeat.

Their interactions could be so much more fun. I can't remember a time Johnny, the prankster, pranked Sue. That's his sister and she should be target number one for some of his pranks. I think it's one of the unfortunate side-effects of her being the "girl" of the team.
    Well, there's that one time in ASM#657 where this happened in a flashback:

https://i.imgur.com/R9uONcN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9ZUTEBt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aXJUg5z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bfBbaNV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G11f4uA.jpg

It looks like Johnny likes to annoy people to get a reaction, Sue is probably used to most of it at this point.

Still, she could always be the "straight man" of their interactions, or even sound serious while joking, because I don't think they should keep annoying each other, that's Ben's and Johnny's interactions, it's better to make her and Johnny stand out in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It looks like Johnny likes to annoy people to get a reaction, Sue is probably used to most of it at this point.

Still, she could always be the "straight man" of their interactions, or even sound serious while joking, because I don't think they should keep annoying each other, that's Ben's and Johnny's interactions, it's better to make her and Johnny stand out in a different way.
    If Johnny pranks everyone, he looks like a jerk. If he and Ben go after each other and the level of success stays somewhat even, we can accept that as part of their friendship. Once Johnny starts going after Sue or Reed, the pranking gains a whole different flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If Johnny pranks everyone, he looks like a jerk. If he and Ben go after each other and the level of success stays somewhat even, we can accept that as part of their friendship. Once Johnny starts going after Sue or Reed, the pranking gains a whole different flavor.
    I didn't even say it should be pranks, just some bickering or joking around.

But a lot could be done, it's not because Johnny likes pranks that he should do it to anyone, him and Sue joking around could be done, sure, but people don't always act the same way around everyone, and Johnny certainly doesn't annoy everyone.

Whatever is done though, it has to be something that would be both in their characters, so if they start to joke around, can't go for something like MCU quipping for Sue, it'd be pushing it for her, and it'd sound somewhat weird for Johnny lol.

Mighty Member

Time for out February solicits consisting of X-Men/FF.

X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #1 (OF 4)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    Variant cover by Mark Brooks
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    FLOWER VARIANT COVER BY MEGHAN HETRICK
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE SEEDS WERE PLANTED IN HOUSE OF X….
    THE LINE IN THE SAND!
    ISSUE #1 – KRAKOA. Every mutant on Earth lives there … except for one. But now it’s time for FRANKLIN RICHARDS to come home.
    It’s the X-MEN VS. the FANTASTIC FOUR and nothing will ever be the same.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #2 (OF 4)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    FLOWER VARIANT COVER BY MEGHAN HETRICK
    VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    The world has been re-shaped by the X-MEN. But you can’t reshape a world without encountering its true master … DOOM..
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Now for our not X-Men related comics.

FANTASTIC FOUR #19
    DAN SLOTT (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    GWEN STACY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “Point of Origin” Conclusion!
    The secret behind “Point of Origin”, one of the greatest mysteries of the Fantastic Four, is finally revealed.
    And now that he has the answer to the only problem he could never solve, there’s only one thing in the universe that Reed Richards wants: Vengeance!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99