Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1421

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    An advert on a story page? I wonder how trades and digital releases would handle that, since ads are usually cut from those?

As for 2099, ouch, that ending. One thing confused me, why does HERBIE, who is older than Valeria, call her Mother?
    Huh, and I actually thought that chick was Sue, but I didn't notice that "V"... Maybe it's another HERBIE Valeria made? Would explain the very different personality at least, though if it is, they could've specified that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    So out of the loop. Is Sean Izaakse the new ongoing artist?
    I think he’s rotating with Paco medina?

I would love larraz on this.

Yikes. 2/10 - that's a low rating...
    https://www.newsarama.com/48021-best...99-1-2-10.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yikes. 2/10 - that's a low rating...
    https://www.newsarama.com/48021-best...99-1-2-10.html
    bruh what comic deserves a flat 2/10, a 1 would mean you can't read it

jokes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

My opinion on the FF related books that came out today:

Fantastic Four: Grand Design - Hated it. Rushing through all those stories was messy and would be so confusing for new readers (and some who have read FF before). Plus I absolutely hated most of the changes made, especially with Sue and Reed.

Fantastic Four: Negative Zone - A nice little story about Reed as a scientist and how he handles some things. The Fantastix back-up story made me think that they have potential as a full on comedy team. Like the "Great Lake Avengers" version of the FF.

Invisible Woman #5 - Sad to see a mini about Sue go, but I overall enjoyed the final issue. I go more into detail about my thoughts on her mini in her appreciation thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2019/page40
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My opinion on the FF related books that came out today:

Fantastic Four: Grand Design - Hated it. Rushing through all those stories was messy and would be so confusing for new readers (and some who have read FF before). Plus I absolutely hated most of the changes made, especially with Sue and Reed.

Fantastic Four: Negative Zone - A nice little story about Reed as a scientist and how he handles some things. The Fantastix back-up story made me think that they have potential as a full on comedy team. Like the "Great Lake Avengers" version of the FF.

Invisible Woman #5 - Sad to see a mini about Sue go, but I overall enjoyed the final issue. I go more into detail about my thoughts on her mini in her appreciation thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2019/page40
    Any week with three FF books is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Fantastix back-up story made me think that they have potential as a full on comedy team. Like the "Great Lake Avengers" version of the FF.
    Helps that it was written by Squirrel Girl's writer, Ryan North.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Grand design is taking LIBERTIES with the property. At no point was Sue that far distant. At no point was it ever implied Namor was the father. This guy is making it up I guess as he goes along?

Quite probable, if he hasn't read the entire 600+ issue run of Fantastic Four.

Quite probable, if he hasn't read the entire 600+ issue run of Fantastic Four.
    The thought that a story like this would be done by someone who HADN'T read the series seems foolish,

Does Marvel Unlimited have every issue, or are there gaps? Because the only liberties that should be taken is when something is a topical reference and needs updating because the story now happened in the 2010s and not the 1970s.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Grand design is taking LIBERTIES with the property. At no point was Sue that far distant. At no point was it ever implied Namor was the father. This guy is making it up I guess as he goes along?
    Yeap and gives some nice alternate explanations to some things, like Doom buying a land from a broke archduke and rename it as Kingdom of Latveria, just to have his own, personal kingdom!It fits with the over the top personality of 60s Dr Doom.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Does Marvel Unlimited have every issue, or are there gaps? Because the only liberties that should be taken is when something is a topical reference and needs updating because the story now happened in the 2010s and not the 1970s.
    MU's only missing old Ben-focused stuff.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Yeap and gives some nice alternate explanations to some things, like Doom buying a land from a broke archduke and rename it as Kingdom of Latveria, just to have his own, personal kingdom!It fits with the over the top personality of 60s Dr Doom.

It seems more like FF fanfiction is all.

Guess Namor is Franklin's dad now

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

Guess Namor is Franklin's dad now
    Are we sure she didn't have an affair with Jesse Alexander instead? The resemblance between Franklin and Sam is uncanny.

On a serious note, I really don't like how Sue was portrayed in Grand Design. She honestly felt so cold and emotionally distant the entire time which annoys the hell out of me.