Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1342
  1. #1246
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,219

    Default


    FANTASTIC FOUR: GRIMM NOIR #1
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY EDUARDO RISSO
    Ben Grimm throws on his hat and overcoat to solve a mystery that’s come alive right out of his nightmares.
    What is Dr. Strange’s nemesis D’Spayre doing on Yancy Street?
    40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

    Other Works:
    FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 4: POINT OF ORIGIN TPB
    FUTURE FOUNDATION TPB
    FANTASTIC FOUR: HEROES RETURN — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB
    X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #1 POSTER

  2. #1247
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,768

    Default

    So I guess the remaining two X4 covers will have Reed on one and Johnny on the other... perhaps with Alicia and HERBIE?

  3. #1248
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Fantastic Four: Negative Zone preview is up http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...gative-zone-1/

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So I guess the remaining two X4 covers will have Reed on one and Johnny on the other... perhaps with Alicia and HERBIE?
    Reed will probably be on a cover with Scott and maybe Doom. Johnny with Iceman and others.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  4. #1249
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,768

    Default

    Notice the pattern, each cover has two FF related characters and three X-Men. I was only speculating which other FF characters would appear. Though Johnny and Iceman together would make a lot of sense.

  5. #1250
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,792

    Default

    I wonder when Slott will give us the backstory of Iceman joining the FF and if it will be solicited as an Annual or a regular one-shot.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  6. #1251
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wonder when Slott will give us the backstory of Iceman joining the FF and if it will be solicited as an Annual or a regular one-shot.
    If he doesn't show that story, we can always say that Johnny was right, and it wasn't canon .

  7. #1252
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wonder when Slott will give us the backstory of Iceman joining the FF and if it will be solicited as an Annual or a regular one-shot.
    When Reed is done committing planet-cide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  8. #1253
    Fantastic Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    273

    Default

    When the hell was Bobby Drake in the Fantastic Four? Do Johnny and Bobby even get along?

  9. #1254
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,768

    Default

    In the first arc, every FF member ever came back... including Iceman. Trouble is, Bobby had NEVER previously been shown as a team member. Johnny's comment a couple of issues later was clearly added to the script when the mistake was spotted.

  10. #1255
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,514

    Default

    It was definitely not a mistake when both the book's writer and editor are FF fanboys and continuity encyclopedias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  11. #1256
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the first arc, every FF member ever came back... including Iceman. Trouble is, Bobby had NEVER previously been shown as a team member. Johnny's comment a couple of issues later was clearly added to the script when the mistake was spotted.
    Bobby shows up in the final page of issue#2, issue#3 is when that's pointed out:



    And issue#4 blatantly says we'll see what happened later:



    So that's looking pretty deliberate.

  12. #1257
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    It will likely happen whenever this book gets an annual. It seemed to skip this years one because of the big return in issue 1 and the wedding.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  13. #1258
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It will likely happen whenever this book gets an annual. It seemed to skip this years one because of the big return in issue 1 and the wedding.
    If that's the case, I'm surprised the wedding special wasn't used as the annual.

  14. #1259
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If that's the case, I'm surprised the wedding special wasn't used as the annual.
    I probably would have used the wedding special content in the regular book and used the actual wedding as the annual, but that's me. Old school comic weddings need to be in an annual.

    As for Iceman's FF stint, Luke's run was awfully short itself and no one seems to mind that. The fact it occurred in actual issues helps, but from the characters' points of view, a single adventure and some bizarre technicality works for me.

  15. #1260
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And issue#4 blatantly says we'll see what happened later:
    "Next year" is 2019 (since this was published LAST YEAR), and we just got the February 2020 solicits. Looks like they were hoping we'd forget...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •