Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This whole arc annoys the living hell out of me. There's no innovation to this story other than Victorious. It would be so much more interesting to see a political thriller with superpowers rather than another retread of "Doom obtains a person/object of great power and uses it for his own ends only for this to blow up in his face." I don't care that it's being used for the good of Latveria. It's still his throne he's benefitting.
    Yeah, this is too much of a retread IMO. Regression and not progression of a character (Doom) is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I generally have a policy not not post when I downright agree with you as that's a very common occurrence and I find I can add nothing new to the discussion. But let's do it anyway. I agree with you.

What I will add is huge disappointment with the apparent jobbing of Galactus and the mustache twirling villainy Doom's showing here. This is bad fanfic. I really hope something in the next two issues shows a more developed Doom because this ignores changes to the character which really had a lot to do with the FF story.

Now the general plot is fine. Doom wanting to imprison a powerful character and siphon off their energy to power Latveria I can get into. If it were, say, Crusher Creel, stuck in the mountain, that makes sense to my ideas of character power levels. But Galactus? And I also thought the lifebringer stuff was a story best written by two middle school kids waiting for their Hot Pockets [unpaid product placement] to be finished.

Maybe the preview is a ploy for Marvel to make us think it's crap and they'll surprise us with a truly awesome issue Wednesday. I got to stop now, the Swedish Bikini Modelling team's bus has just broken down in front of my house and they need to use my shower.
    Ok. So, first : I agree with you.

Then about the last part of your post, I think it's proof there's a balance in life. I mean, after all those coincidences between the places you used to go and the ones chosen by Alan Moore to set in the issues of Providence something like that had to happen. And to happen to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    This arc looks pretty "meh", like a retelling of "same old Fantastic Four vs Dr Doom" stories.Hell,maybe this arc is a retelling of those stories, but at least i hope that Slott has a big story arc that would expanded in later arcs. He didn't dissapoint me in Spider-Man and his treatment of my favorite spidey foes(Doc Ock and Hobgoblin), so i have faith that Slott will deliver, long term.
    Last edited by Abe; 03-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, this is too much of a retread IMO. Regression and not progression of a character (Doom) is not the way to go.
    Yes. I fear that U.N. Owen put the right words in the right order to Express what we feel...

But I still have a little hope... So I have to quote also this post:
    Last edited by Abe; 03-22-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This whole arc annoys the living hell out of me. There's no innovation to this story other than Victorious. It would be so much more interesting to see a political thriller with superpowers rather than another retread of "Doom obtains a person/object of great power and uses it for his own ends only for this to blow up in his face.".
    Yeah, the problem of giving some writers the titles they wanted for a long time is that they'll ignore years (or decades) of development to do whatever story they dreamed about in 1986 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I thought the Maker and Reed met in the last issue of SW. He got turned into a monkey IIRC.
    I don’t know about the monkey but I do think they met. I just think it would be interesting since Reed is back and the Maker is still around on his world causing a big mess.

Not sure how he’d feel about Evil Reed running around while he was gone.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

They met. The Maker made Reed into a monkey...

Then Owen slides Bacteria-Reed into a multiversal pizza!

Spoilers... but good writing!

I’ve finally gotten myself Fantastic Four vol. 1 TPB (by Slott).
    Never thought I’d say this, but I think Slott will nail it!
    Then again, I haven’t read past vol. 1 so can’t confirm.
    Anyone?
    Without spoiling please!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I don't think it's a good thing, when I see a preview, and I immediately think of prior stories / panels, like these:

Doom torturing Reed by stretching him out in his dungeon, from Fantastic Five.

Eternals using the God Whisper to control / use Galactus from All New Invaders.

https://www.cbr.com/galactus-eternals-kree-attack-plan/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This is a Christian household. We don't talk about Robinson Invaders without praying for mercy first.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

There'a a thread on Joe Sinnott's retirement on the Community page. Feel free to take part.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...His-Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think it's a good thing, when I see a preview, and I immediately think of prior stories / panels, like these:

Doom torturing Reed by stretching him out in his dungeon, from Fantastic Five.
    Was that published before or after 2005? Because that reminds me of Cassandra from the Doctor Who episodes The End of the World and New Earth (modern series 1 episode 2 and series 2 episode 1).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That video has given me a little more faith in this run. He's said things that many of us have said about how Lee/Kirby added new things all the time and the FF should be about explorers of the new.

I'm now hoping that the current Doom and Galactus arc is more about getting this story out of the way because people expect it and after it we'll get into the cool stuff.

The stories after this arc are hopefully going to be more like what he said in that video. Thanks for sharing it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

For Dauterman, War of the Realms was an opportunity to draw some of his favorite Marvel heroes.

"I think [in] issue 3, there's a big splash page that's all Fantastic Four fighting these fantasy creatures," noted Dauterman. "That was a real treat. I hadn't drawn them probably since I was a kid."
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/watch-...-of-the-realms

I better get ready for my new desktop wallpaper.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!