Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1421
  1. #1276
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    An advert on a story page? I wonder how trades and digital releases would handle that, since ads are usually cut from those?

    As for 2099, ouch, that ending. One thing confused me, why does HERBIE, who is older than Valeria, call her Mother?
    Huh, and I actually thought that chick was Sue, but I didn't notice that "V"... Maybe it's another HERBIE Valeria made? Would explain the very different personality at least, though if it is, they could've specified that.

  2. #1277
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    So out of the loop. Is Sean Izaakse the new ongoing artist?
    I think hes rotating with Paco medina?

    I would love larraz on this.

  3. #1278
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,799

    Default

    Yikes. 2/10 - that's a low rating...
    https://www.newsarama.com/48021-best...99-1-2-10.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #1279
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yikes. 2/10 - that's a low rating...
    https://www.newsarama.com/48021-best...99-1-2-10.html
    bruh what comic deserves a flat 2/10, a 1 would mean you can't read it

    jokes
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Richards
    Fragile creatures, we are taught to fear the Reaper!
    Ever running, we are dead before we meet Her!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Richards
    Fearless creatures, we all learn to fight the Reaper!
    Can't defeat Her, so instead I'll have to be Her!

  5. #1280
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,606

    Default

    My opinion on the FF related books that came out today:

    Fantastic Four: Grand Design - Hated it. Rushing through all those stories was messy and would be so confusing for new readers (and some who have read FF before). Plus I absolutely hated most of the changes made, especially with Sue and Reed.

    Fantastic Four: Negative Zone - A nice little story about Reed as a scientist and how he handles some things. The Fantastix back-up story made me think that they have potential as a full on comedy team. Like the "Great Lake Avengers" version of the FF.

    Invisible Woman #5 - Sad to see a mini about Sue go, but I overall enjoyed the final issue. I go more into detail about my thoughts on her mini in her appreciation thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2019/page40
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  6. #1281
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My opinion on the FF related books that came out today:

    Fantastic Four: Grand Design - Hated it. Rushing through all those stories was messy and would be so confusing for new readers (and some who have read FF before). Plus I absolutely hated most of the changes made, especially with Sue and Reed.

    Fantastic Four: Negative Zone - A nice little story about Reed as a scientist and how he handles some things. The Fantastix back-up story made me think that they have potential as a full on comedy team. Like the "Great Lake Avengers" version of the FF.

    Invisible Woman #5 - Sad to see a mini about Sue go, but I overall enjoyed the final issue. I go more into detail about my thoughts on her mini in her appreciation thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2019/page40
    Any week with three FF books is a good one.

  7. #1282
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Fantastix back-up story made me think that they have potential as a full on comedy team. Like the "Great Lake Avengers" version of the FF.
    Helps that it was written by Squirrel Girl's writer, Ryan North.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #1283
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Grand design is taking LIBERTIES with the property. At no point was Sue that far distant. At no point was it ever implied Namor was the father. This guy is making it up I guess as he goes along?

  9. #1284
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,799

    Default

    Quite probable, if he hasn't read the entire 600+ issue run of Fantastic Four.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #1285
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quite probable, if he hasn't read the entire 600+ issue run of Fantastic Four.
    The thought that a story like this would be done by someone who HADN'T read the series seems foolish,

  11. #1286
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,799

    Default

    Does Marvel Unlimited have every issue, or are there gaps? Because the only liberties that should be taken is when something is a topical reference and needs updating because the story now happened in the 2010s and not the 1970s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #1287
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Grand design is taking LIBERTIES with the property. At no point was Sue that far distant. At no point was it ever implied Namor was the father. This guy is making it up I guess as he goes along?
    Yeap and gives some nice alternate explanations to some things, like Doom buying a land from a broke archduke and rename it as Kingdom of Latveria, just to have his own, personal kingdom!It fits with the over the top personality of 60s Dr Doom.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

    Previously known as Nefarius

  13. #1288
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does Marvel Unlimited have every issue, or are there gaps? Because the only liberties that should be taken is when something is a topical reference and needs updating because the story now happened in the 2010s and not the 1970s.
    MU's only missing old Ben-focused stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Richards
    Fragile creatures, we are taught to fear the Reaper!
    Ever running, we are dead before we meet Her!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Richards
    Fearless creatures, we all learn to fight the Reaper!
    Can't defeat Her, so instead I'll have to be Her!

  14. #1289
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Yeap and gives some nice alternate explanations to some things, like Doom buying a land from a broke archduke and rename it as Kingdom of Latveria, just to have his own, personal kingdom!It fits with the over the top personality of 60s Dr Doom.

    It seems more like FF fanfiction is all.

    Guess Namor is Franklin's dad now

  15. #1290
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

    Guess Namor is Franklin's dad now
    Are we sure she didn't have an affair with Jesse Alexander instead? The resemblance between Franklin and Sam is uncanny.

    On a serious note, I really don't like how Sue was portrayed in Grand Design. She honestly felt so cold and emotionally distant the entire time which annoys the hell out of me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •