Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

My thoughts on issue six are unpleasant.

1) The kids pointing out how the plot is dumb does not make the plot any less dumb.
    2) Doom imbuing someone with cosmic energy ended up drawing Galactus there. Well, we weren't too far off on our guess that he stole energy from Galactus to empower Zora.
    3) Johnny flirting with Zora was actually pretty funny. I totally ship it now.
    4) Victorious has a great design. It really invokes the Jack Kirby New Gods type or even the Eternals.

so who is the horse-head guy? Is he from the same alien community as beta ray bill?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is the horse-head guy? Is he from the same alien community as beta ray bill?
    He's a Kymellian, the same alien species that gave the Power kids their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

1) The kids pointing out how the plot is dumb does not make the plot any less dumb.
    2) Doom imbuing someone with cosmic energy ended up drawing Galactus there. Well, we weren't too far off on our guess that he stole energy from Galactus to empower Zora.
    3) Johnny flirting with Zora was actually pretty funny. I totally ship it now.
    4) Victorious has a great design. It really invokes the Jack Kirby New Gods type or even the Eternals.
    That will likely be the "strange development" mentioned in next issue's solicits.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Both Doom and Galactus were reverted before this in other books. He hasn’t ignored stuff.
    Frankly, I didn't keep on the Galactus developments done elsewhere after the first couple of issues but that is not the case with Doom. At the end of Invincible Iron Man #600, he still acted heroically when he prevented the demon force (that possesses the Hood from time to time) from possessing Tony. Slott is the one that put him back in charge in Latveria in his classic armor. I'd prefer to see him in the Infamous Iron Man armor since it reminds me a bit of Doom 2099. Then Zora is the one that swayed him into taking charge in Latveria. Prior to that, we saw him in several private residences in Switzerland and the south of France.

As a huge FF fan, I find it kind of sad that my favorite panel in this issue were the goats panicking because of Ben's sudden entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Victor would not stop his carefully laid out and altruistic plan because Valeria says so, and she has no idea what he's been though. Bringng Franklin, with his limited supply of power and defeat via Griever, into a conflict involving a cosmic god-force and the smartest and most dangerous FF villain is bad strategy and worse parenting. Those lines are there to show the kids being cocky because they're kids (Oh, god! It's worse! They're teenagers!) and to inform new readers/do nice references for Hickman fans.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I do not like that Galactus was turned back into a devourer. Lifebringer was when he got to have agency as a character and got to be a real character who does different things in different stories. Devourer is just a pretty purple plot device who lost his magic as the MU's first godlike threat decades ago. I excuse this as long as the stories aren't really about him, like in this one. And Kuder draws the hell out of him. So okay.

DOOM on the other hand, is perfect. It's only been an issue and Dan is already making him the kind of chessmaster he should be. He's being a little greasy by engineering this risky scenario to eliminate an eventual threat early/make his debut to the world stage, but it speaks to his confidence. It looks like he's throwing Victorious under the bus, but with three more issues in an arc named after her, he probably has a plan for her, too. So good on Dan for the balancing act. A+

Kuder is amazing. Keep him at all costs. Sue invisi-changing is my favorite gag. Strong start to the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I do not like that Galactus was turned back into a devourer. Lifebringer was when he got to have agency as a character and got to be a real character who does different things in different stories. Devourer is just a pretty purple plot device who lost his magic as the MU's first godlike threat decades ago. I excuse this as long as the stories aren't really about him, like in this one. And Kuder draws the hell out of him. So okay.

DOOM on the other hand, is perfect. It's only been an issue and Dan is already making him the kind of chessmaster he should be. He's being a little greasy by engineering this risky scenario to eliminate an eventual threat early/make his debut to the world stage, but it speaks to his confidence. It looks like he's throwing Victorious under the bus, but with three more issues in an arc named after her, he probably has a plan for her, too. So good on Dan for the balancing act. A+

Kuder is amazing. Keep him at all costs. Sue invisi-changing is my favorite gag. Strong start to the arc.
    Yeah, Doom's up to something. Hopefully it's a plan that shows he actually learned something after SW and Infamous. there's no way, Doom goes to being an Avenger and hero teaming up with everyone. He's an egomaniac who thinks highly of himself. And truthfully, he can walk the walk almost as much as he talks the talk. Victorious is going to get some fleshing out for sure. there's a plan and Victor hanging with Latveria seems natural and not a step back. Some of Victor's best qualities have to do with his role in Latveria.

As for Galactus, I still think his turn to life-bringer was bad fan-fic. It's a part of fictional characters that every time you bring them back, you need to somehow defeat and dispose of them, thereby weakening them. Another Galactus story and he's on his way to becoming a bank robber holding a cloth bag with a dollar sign on it. I think I'm going to reread the last few issues of Slott's Surfer featuring Galactus. Maybe there's a clue.

Let's hope it works out in the end, but I'm OK with this so far.

A buncha FF talk as the boys make FF OCs. Baxter needs to be real though.

spoilers:
    god i wish brevoort would beat me with a crowbar
    end of spoilers

We're getting more of the War of the Realms tie-ins. I hope to see one with members of the team involved.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Got #6 and I can’t seem to get into this run.
    I’m giving it 12 issues as I’m sure I read somewhere before Slott said the first 12 are written as if he’d never write FF afterward.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

A buncha FF talk as the boys make FF OCs. Baxter needs to be real though.

spoilers:
    god i wish brevoort would beat me with a crowbar
    end of spoilers
    so he gave up wearing the porkpie hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    so he gave up wearing the porkpie hat?
    The hat is like Galactus. It always returns, and the Earth trembles when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    As a huge FF fan, I find it kind of sad that my favorite panel in this issue were the goats panicking because of Ben's sudden entrance.
    I hope Ben will fix the fence.