Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What issue / run did others start with?
    The first FF issue I picked up. It was because of the Saturday morning cartoon. I wondered why Sue's hair was orange and she was being called Crys. I caught up soon enough though. It's why I have faith in different versions of the characters appearing in different media. I was eight, didn't have the internet, and I still handled it.

And this was the book that started the consecutive streak which continues to last week and into the "four"seeable future.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Issue #176. Summer of 1976.
    Attachment 75757
    My second issue was Marvel's Greatest Comics #69
    Attachment 75758
    Whoa. The Impossible Man! What a start.

Those reprint Marvel's Greatest Comics were the best thing! I've got quite a few in my collection, to 'fill in" the missing spots. Back in those days, we didn't have trades and it was a way to read stories I'd have never been able to get or afford. I'd never heard of conventions, and as a kid, I certainly couldn't go to one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The first FF issue I picked up. It was because of the Saturday morning cartoon. I wondered why Sue's hair was orange and she was being called Crys. I caught up soon enough though. It's why I have faith in different versions of the characters appearing in different media. I was eight, didn't have the internet, and I still handled it.

And this was the book that started the consecutive streak which continues to last week and into the "four"seeable future.

That FF 110 must be one that I have without a cover, because I don't remember it. No, I didn't tear off the cover, but I got a stack of comics from a friend's older brother that didn't have covers.

And yes, they don't give kids, or adults, enough credit. Part of the fun was finding all that stuff out by hunting for the old issues.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

With their big return last year we had a lot of new art. What was your favorite?

My favorite art from last year:

Alex Ross

Jae Lee
    Hope we get more great art this year!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The Marvel Future Fight game has highlighted four former members of the FF as a sneak peek for the next update, and lots of players are speculating this might be teasing the team coming to the game. I hope this is true. Good riddance to the days of FF being banned from games!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    With their big return last year we had a lot of new art. What was your favorite?

My favorite art from last year:

Hope we get more great art this year!
    Those are great!

Not from last year, but definitely one of my favorite Alex Ross FF images ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The Marvel Future Fight game has highlighted four former members of the FF as a sneak peek for the next update, and lots of players are speculating this might be teasing the team coming to the game. I hope this is true. Good riddance to the days of FF being banned from games!

That makes both Contest of Champions and Future Fight hinting at the FF possibly returning!

I am so happy that the ban may finally be over.

I wonder if they will announced during the World's greatest week thing?

Astonishing Member

The first Fantastic Four stories i had read was the John Byrne run way back.
    That to me are great exemples of how great the Fantastic Four stories can be.
    Looking forward to see how will be the next Fantastic Four stories by Dan Slott.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I saw F4 was in a SNES Spider-Man game based on the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. You can summon each member for a one time help, but I didn't know who they were except for their superhero group name. My friend told me their names.

I don't have a screenshot of their appearance unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The first Fantastic Four stories i had read was the John Byrne run way back.
    That to me are great exemples of how great the Fantastic Four stories can be.
    Looking forward to see how will be the next Fantastic Four stories by Dan Slott.
    Bryne's run is classic run! I just picked up this poster at my LCBS. I think they re-issued it.

Oh my. I also found this homage! At first I thought it was by Hembeck, but it appears to be by someone named AdamKoford

https://www.flickr.com/photos/apelad/41132628842

And here's a vinyl poster that supposedly came out last week. It's a bit pricey at $35 but it is 66" x 44".

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT180784
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-05-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Livestream starts in 3 days:

Spectacular Member

Bryne's run is classic run! I just picked up this poster at my LCBS. I think they re-issued it.

The Byrne poster hung in my college dorm room for a couple of years -- but wear and tear ended it's life soon after graduation.

Astonishing Member

Oh my. I also found this homage! At first I thought it was by Hembeck, but it appears to be by someone named AdamKoford

https://www.flickr.com/photos/apelad/41132628842

And here's a vinyl poster that supposedly came out last week. It's a bit pricey at $35 but it is 66" x 44".

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT180784
    What is interesting about John Byrne run in Fantastic Four is how great were both the stories and art by him.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol4_T-gnqY4

dan slott talks about his FF run in the 2nd half and he admits that it was the Fox deal happening that drove the FF to became available to Dan to write.