Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So excited to see the FF in a major event again that's not heroes Vs heroes either.

Also, I miss larrocas art in the 90s it was so fresh.

Fantastic Four #9 pushed back 3 weeks to April 24th.

https://www.newsarama.com/43723-fant...ack-again.html
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-01-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Are you "F"ing kidding me, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't remember that dog, but reading the description just screams laziness. That dog was never going to stick around.
    It's called Puppy.... This was obviously just a boring Lockjaw copy with zero effort or charm. The epitome of laziness.

If a writer introduces a possible pet I hope it's more creative than a bargain Lockjaw. Lame.
    You didn't read the Claremont/LaRocca run? Claremont had a rocky start but I liked the run towards the end. IMO He didn't make the mistake that Waid made and dumb down Johnny. Neither did Loeb/Pacheco/Marin. And I liked Puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You didn't read the Claremont/LaRocca run? Claremont had a rocky start but I liked the run towards the end. IMO He didn't make the mistake that Waid made and dumb down Johnny. Neither did Loeb/Pacheco/Marin. And I liked Puppy!
    Claremont's run is one of the gaps in FF runs I've read. I'll get to it someday when I'm in the right mood, but I'm in no rush. The 90s as a whole is something I've been putting off when it comes to comics tbh.

The other ones I haven't read are Millar's and Fraction's. I've tried some of Millar's run, but I just couldn't get invested and I hated the art. I might read Fraction's someday out of curiosity, but I have little to no interest in it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-01-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Are you "F"ing kidding me, Marvel?
    It's Slott. FF and IM keep getting pushed back.

I think he got backlogged with the big debut and anniversary issues on those titles and has been struggling to get back on track since.

He's not the most prolific writer and I think, once behind, it's tough for him to dig his way out.

Definitely frustrating as a reader but the issues on both these books, when they do come out, are terrific.

Still, I hope the solicitation dates can be stuck to again soon.

Knew this would happen. I wasn't expecting them to be in the April solicits in the first place because of previous delays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Claremont's run is one of the gaps in FF runs I've read. I'll get to it someday when I'm in the right mood, but I'm in no rush. The 90s as a whole is something I've been putting off when it comes to comics tbh.

The other ones I haven't read are Millar's and Fraction's. I've tried some of Millar's run, but I just couldn't get invested and I hated the art. I might read Fraction's someday out of curiosity, but I have little to no interest in it.
    I'd recommend Claremont's run. IM is correct in that it starts out as very generic Claremont concepts and almost like a rejected X-story he fit the FF into. That and the very Claremontesque dialogue and constant rubicon crossing can be annoying, but it grows into its own nice run.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    IM is correct in that it starts out as very generic Claremont concepts and almost like a rejected X-story he fit the FF into.
    No kidding. One article stated how he recycled many X-Men plots into his FF run. He even named Valeria as "Marvel Girl".
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    No kidding. One article stated how he recycled many X-Men plots into his FF run. He even named Valeria as "Marvel Girl".
    I did like Valeria von Doom as a character on her own with out borrowing that mantle. It was a roundabout way to have Reed and Sue deal with a teen-aged daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I did like Valeria von Doom as a character on her own with out borrowing that mantle. It was a roundabout way to have Reed and Sue deal with a teen-aged daughter.
    My guess is that although Claremont would have been very happy to have that Valeria gain popularity and stick around, my thought was that using the Marvel Girl name was more keeping a copyright rather than starting a franchise. But I've got all the professional expertise of that drunk next to you in a bar. Sometimes i do have a good idea though.

I agree about the trademark thing. Wasn't Rachel still Phoenix at the time? She was the next Marvel Girl, and then the time displaced Jean. The mantle is now vacant again (Rachel is Prestige and teen Jean is gone) so we can probably expect a new Marvel Girl within a few years.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe Slott needs to drop one of the books.

Yeah. Did he even want F4 in the first place? From what I hear, he wanted Captain America, but when he delivered his pitch Coates interrupted him, and as soon as Marvel knew HE was interested, he got the gig on the spot. And Slott also specifically asked for Iron Man when he left ASM - he'd previously turned it down due to being too busy with ASM and Silver Surfer. So it sounds like F4 was a consolation prize.

EDIT: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/behind...ic-four-future
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-02-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Why?!? Highly disagree. She had her faults but was a great addition to the book in the 90s.

I wish she would make some sort of return - even in a GotG story.

Attachment 76167
    i enjoyed lyja. i have every issue from #237 until now, though I am a huge fan I find that when a new writer took over the duties of FF they seemed to disregard a lot of support cast by the previous writer, it seems more than any other title (and i have mostly complete runs of the all the major and most minor marvel titles from 1980 until now).