Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post

I refuse to get my hopes up.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-04-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

That's probably just for their Contest of Champions debut but imma destroy my meat either way.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

FF are coming to Future Fight and Contest of Champions. Likely this month for both.

Strike Force and Ultimate Alliance 3 could follow those announcements.

Re-reading old FF issues and boy do I hate Lyja and everything surrounding her. Hope she never comes back, and if she does it's only to die.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-05-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Re-reading old FF issues and boy do I hate Lyja and everything surrounding her. Hope she never comes back, and if she does it's only to die.
    Why?!? Highly disagree. She had her faults but was a great addition to the book in the 90s.

I wish she would make some sort of return - even in a GotG story.

3C8C7987-FD03-4AE0-B731-8682F65CF816.jpg

she was the savior of 90's F4, like a milkshake in the middle of hell, come back and lazerfist me girl
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Why?!? Highly disagree. She had her faults but was a great addition to the book in the 90s.

I wish she would make some sort of return - even in a GotG story.

3C8C7987-FD03-4AE0-B731-8682F65CF816.jpg

She's a rapist and I've never forgiven her for it. It'd be different if she acted like what she did was wrong and characters reacted to her properly, but most of her time was spent being upset at Johnny for not reciprocating her feelings. She was playing the victim and for that I just don't find her likable. The others (especially Sue) should absolutely hate her for what she did to Johnny and Alicia, not welcome her with open arms.

If she does return I hope she stays far away from the FF.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-05-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She's a rapist and I've never forgiven her for it. It'd be different if she acted like what she did was wrong and characters reacted to her properly, but most of her time was spent being upset at Johnny for not reciprocating her feelings. She was playing the victim and for that I just don't find her likable. The others (especially Sue) should absolutely hate her for what she did to Johnny and Alicia, not welcome her with open arms.

If she does return I hope she stays far away from the FF.
    True this.

Lyja disguised herself as Alicia and worked her way into Johnny's life creating all sorts of messes. her very existence was a "we screwed up marrying Alicia to Johnny and this is how we're trying for a no-prize" The initial relationship made Johnny out to be a total a-hole and after Lyja was fo8und out there was till the issue of kidnapping a blind woman.

Sorry, Lyja's a villain. A story where she gives her life would be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    True this.

Lyja disguised herself as Alicia and worked her way into Johnny's life creating all sorts of messes. her very existence was a "we screwed up marrying Alicia to Johnny and this is how we're trying for a no-prize" The initial relationship made Johnny out to be a total a-hole and after Lyja was fo8und out there was till the issue of kidnapping a blind woman.

Sorry, Lyja's a villain. A story where she gives her life would be very welcome.
    Now that I think about it, she'd be a pretty great villain. Especially one for Johnny. No other villains know the team like she does after her posing as Alicia for so long and I think there is a interesting story there. They just need to stop treating her as some kind of anti-hero which is ridiculous. Play to her strengths, she's a manipulative villain. Her history with Johnny could lead to her being his primary antagonist the way Dr Doom is to Reed.

Change up her powers some more via Skrull engineering so that she's a better match for Johnny and you have a potentially great villain. Present her obsession with him as dangerous as it should have been from the start, maybe even make it so it turns from toxic love to absolute hatred for him. All the tools are there to set it up.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-05-2019 at 12:00 PM.

But is she a villain or victim ??

She was kind of forced into her role by both Paibok the Power Skrull and the entire Skrull empire.

I’d like to see her become involved with The Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    But is she a villain or victim ??
    She was kind of forced into her role by both Paibok the Power Skrull and the entire Skrull empire.
    Villain.

Excluding the mission (which she willingly did) she continued time and time again to try and deceive Johnny.

She had that fake alien baby and pretended that it was his just to get to him.
    Continuously stalked him.
    Tried the same crap she did in the Alicia situation AGAIN, by pretending be Laura Greene and dating Johnny. (I don't know if they had sex or not, but if they did it's rape. Again.)
    During Secret Invasion she disguised herself as Sue to manipulate Johnny for a final time.
    And throughout all of this she tried to play the victim whenever Johnny rightfully told her it wasn't going to happen. Trying to make it seem as if he was the one being unreasonable.

This isn't a love story or a story about some misguided character. It's a horror story about a stalker who has the power to shape-shift.
    If this exact same story happened with Super Skrull pretending to be Reed and then continually stalking Sue, we'd not be discussing whether he's a villain or not.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    The Byrne poster hung in my college dorm room for a couple of years -- but wear and tear ended it's life soon after graduation.
    Well, here's your chance to get a new one! For your ... new place.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    What is interesting about John Byrne run in Fantastic Four is how great were both the stories and art by him.
    Byrne was definitely on top of his game when he was doing the FF back then.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I forgot what was my next F4 experience beyond their guest star in Spider-Man, so I'll just jump to the movie.

Jessica Alba looks too young and I can't see Julian McMahon as anything other than the demon from Charmed. He's less of a DOOM and more of a jealous boyfriend. They also spent too much time building the family that there's only one fight scene in the movie, but I like the comedic moments. Those funny scenes offset a lot of my negative points and I end up enjoying it anyway.

FF_Poster.jpg

This is the only Chris Evans movie I watched so when he was announced for Captain America I couldn't see it until his first buff photo was released online.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bit disappointed that we finally could have the FF back in games and they’ll be locked behind a crappy IOS card ‘game’ and a needless Switch exclusive... I wish Telltale was still a thing because I reckon they could have made a great Fantastic Four video game.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel's really keeping a tight lid on FF #6 until the livestream. Can't find a single preview anywhere. Only panel was from a CBR interview with Slott next month:

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES