Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

It shouldn't be based on Ultimate FF, it should be a mix of it and 616 with new things added like most Marvel films are. Like I see Sue being a scientist or having a specific field of expertise like in Ultimate, but not having that think tank stuff or her dad being so involved.

The cosmic adventure part is something I definitely want from a FF film though.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

It shouldn't be based on Ultimate FF, it should be a mix of it and 616 with new things added like most Marvel films are. Like I see Sue being a scientist or having a specific field of expertise like in Ultimate, but not having that think tank stuff or her dad being so involved.

The cosmic adventure part is something I definitely want from a FF film though.
    I really can't understand how anyone doing an FF movie isn't thinking real people with real family issues and attitudes facing wild cosmic adventures. The family and extraordinary adventures made for award winning stuff in shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos. Arguing bickering teammates is now mainstream. It's not 1961 anymore.

The big question is "What does the FF have that you don't have with another Avengers movie?"

Mighty Member

I envision the FF to be less of a film and more like the oddest sitcom ever. One moment, Galactus could be attempting to eat your planet as Reed and Sue argue over whether injecting radioactive nanoparticles into their kids as a tracking device is a good idea or not.

There's a reason why I hate Ultimate FF. It sucked all the fun out of the FF.

There may be a better thread for this, but there is one huge thing (pun intended) needing to be included in the latest FF run. Given that the FF now live on yancy Street and Ben Grimm just got married, what did the Yancy Street Gang get them for a gift?

I don't know how anyone can be an FF fan and not be curious about this.

The first volume of Slott's run is out tomorrow (contains issues 1-4).

Coming this month to Marvel Unlimited...

Issues 1-22 of Ben's solo book!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ited-in-march/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

>Byrne Thing before the rest of classic Two-In-One

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I haven't read the new FF issues yet, but I see they are Doom heavy. Did anyone ever bring up Secret Wars? The whole "stole" your family thing?

No. Events after Secret Wars (Infamous Iron Man and Lifebringer Galactus) got mentioned in the latest issue, but nothing about Sue, Franklin and Valeria Von Doom.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Do they even remember the events of Secret wars? I mean surely Doom and Reed does, but I think that the details are like a secret between them, and I had the impression that most people get his memory erased after the event. Also would be a bit odd for Red to explain how Doom was married with a version of Susan and had his own Franklin and Valeria.

Mighty Member

Speaking of stuff from Secret Wars, whatever happened to the Black Swans and their Library of Worlds? We know Yabbat Ummon Turru is now a member of the Black Order, but we don't know about the rest of the Black Swan organization. Personally, it would be interesting to see the Black Swans swear loyalty to the versions of Valeria and Franklin Doom decided to conjure during his reign on Battleworld.

Disney Sets March 20 Closing Date for 21st Century Fox Acquisition

The nightmare of more Fantastic Four films under Fox could be over in a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Do they even remember the events of Secret wars? I mean surely Doom and Reed does, but I think that the details are like a secret between them, and I had the impression that most people get his memory erased after the event. Also would be a bit odd for Red to explain how Doom was married with a version of Susan and had his own Franklin and Valeria.
    I doubt anyone outside of the 616 folks left alive at the end of SW might remember anything about what happened and then, only their experiences. As to who remembers what, I still maintain there is no set list of that anywhere in Marvel and I'd imagine any writer using that stuff would be dealing with a shoulder-shrugging editor. But that's the cynic in me talking.

That being said, reassembling of multiverses in comics are rarely, if ever, well-defined. It's been a third of a century and no one at DC remembers details about COIE. Still, seeing as the Doom/Reed relation depends so heavily on it, one would hope there's a plan.

Mighty Member

Has the Silver Surfer even appeared in this stupid Doom arc yet? I'm noticing a major lack of Norrin right now. Unless Slott is planning on him being a wrench in Doom's plan.

Someone should draw a comic panel of Franklin saying "No more Fox" to celebrate the event.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Disney Sets March 20 Closing Date for 21st Century Fox Acquisition

Great news. Probably this is too late to get something added to Avengers: Endgame as some kind of clip at the end. I am always sad to see things that were a part of the FF history appear in other films first, like the Skrulls in Captain Marvel.