Page 33 of 95 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know what you mean. They way Millar / Hitch handled her death in such an off-handed way in the Master of Doom storyline was suspect to me. But IIRC when asked directly about it on the old Formspring platform, Tom Brevoort said she died. Now she's back with no explanation. I doubt we'll never get an explanation for that and maybe we should just blame it all on the reboot after Secret Wars.

One thing that they forgot was that Aunt Petunia is Jacob Grimm's second wife and there was an age difference. That's why she looked younger than you would expect. I don't have the issue in front of me but in her appearance with the Future Foundation, her hair was white wasn't it?

As much good as Byrne had done with his FF run, his introduction of Aunt Petunia as a young woman wasn't one I was fond of. I'd be happy assuming SW had rewritten her into an older but still able to function actively in life woman. Just my opinion and YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As much good as Byrne had done with his FF run, his introduction of Aunt Petunia as a young woman wasn't one I was fond of. I'd be happy assuming SW had rewritten her into an older but still able to function actively in life woman. Just my opinion and YMMV.
    I kind of agree, always thought of her as a kind of wise old woman, at least someone older than Ben himself, so she can share her experience, so I got a bit disappointed seeing a young woman instead (and a little problem in ethics regarding her relationship) so I can just see away to the age up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know what you mean. They way Millar / Hitch handled her death in such an off-handed way in the Master of Doom storyline was suspect to me. But IIRC when asked directly about it on the old Formspring platform, Tom Brevoort said she died. Now she's back with no explanation. I doubt we'll never get an explanation for that and maybe we should just blame it all on the reboot after Secret Wars.

One thing that they forgot was that Aunt Petunia is Jacob Grimm's second wife and there was an age difference. That's why she looked younger than you would expect. I don't have the issue in front of me but in her appearance with the Future Foundation, her hair was white wasn't it?

I really liked the idea that Aunt Petunia was younger.
    It threw a nice curve into her whole back story after all of the mentions of her by Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It threw a nice curve into her whole back story after all of the mentions of her by Ben.
    And this is the beauty of FF fans. We often disagree on details and can actively discuss those differences.

Brevoort doesn't like Byrne's run or his thing for older men and young women/little girls. Was there a third time in that run that John did that? Wasn't Nathaniel's wife way younger than his dinosaur lookin' self?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I also like Aunt Petunia being older, it makes more sense to me.

Ben seemed to revere his aunt Petunia which means she had to be significant in his life and I don't see that if Jacob's wife is as old as Ben.

Slott aging her up is one of the things I liked.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm with you on this. I liked the reveal quite a bit at the time. I don't think Uncle Jake was robbing the cradle and married a 20 year old. A mature woman in her 40s or so can still look attractive. The silver haired granny look is kind of cliche for comics.

How long do you reckon Slott will be on this book for?

He said in an interview that he was packing 12 issues with everything that he was dying to do. So I'm wondering whether he's just staying on for 12 issues like many books nowadays.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

He said in an interview that he was packing 12 issues with everything that he was dying to do. So I'm wondering whether he's just staying on for 12 issues like many books nowadays.
    Whenever the next status quo reboot comes.

Yeah, 12 issues is probably it.

Who should write the FF post-Slott?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Jonathan Hickman
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

"Slott is coming off a 10 year run on Spider-Man and according to the same article envisions at least a 55 issue run on the project which would mean according to the numbering get him to issue #700 by legacy numbering"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Slott is coming off a 10 year run on Spider-Man and according to the same article envisions at least a 55 issue run on the project which would mean according to the numbering get him to issue #700 by legacy numbering"
    Slott gives me the impression with his Spidey run that he does like to play the numbers. I could see a renumbering occurring even as Slott continues. It's not as if Marvel hasn't done that before.

Legacy Numbering: 'cuz having too many FF 1s weakens the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    So around 5 years? That's not too bad I guess.

I hope he's not on FF for as long as he was on Spider-Man.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just tweeted Slott if he has plans for the FF to revisit Reed's estate in California as shown in FF #271, Reed's birthday issue.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wonder where Nathaniel is these days? I was glad to see when Jonathan Hickman decided not to go with the scheming version that Tom DeFalco had during his run on the Fantastic Four.