Page 39 of 95 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Self-correction: Johnny didn't have a special font, just balloons that were colored and shaped like fire (Iceman also had "ice" balloons around this time).

I don't know why some special balloons and/or fonts work and others just don't, but I just feel like the Johnny/Ben lettering doesn't really have anything to do with the way they would sound, unlike (say) the Vision.

I loved larroccas art back then. It was so good

July's #12 is Ben and Alicia's honeymoon, plus the Immortal Hulk fight!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Wow I don't like the cover. I think Ribic has been the wrong choice for most of the covers.

Excited for Ben vs Immortal Hulk though. The one thing this has run has been doing has been trying upgrade Ben a bit. I hope it's a good fight that has Ben looking good.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Wow I don't like the cover. I think Ribic has been the wrong choice for most of the covers.

Excited for Ben vs Immortal Hulk though. The one thing this has run has been doing has been trying upgrade Ben a bit. I hope it's a good fight that has Ben looking good.
    Once again I agree with you. Ribic has not been to my liking. Although this is one of his better pieces which has a wider range of color and more easily recognizable figures, most of his work has been muddy and blurry with little distinction.

But Marvel is taking a powerful step in trying to convert me from referring to FF using Legacy numbering only. It is fitting that issue 657 is a Thing/Hulk fight. I appreciate the homageing done here.

Yeah, I actually really like this one because it's more detailed with stuff like Hulk's veins and Ben's rocks. In previous covers like #1's my man's been looking like OG lumpy Thing again.

Bleeding cool posted the solicit and there something very exciting (at least for me) in there.

Ben and Alicia are off on their dream honeymoon in a remote tropical paradise…until someone decides to crash it. Or should we say SMASH IT?! Get ready for the biggest HULK VS. THING FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!

PLUS: The saga of the Future Foundation by Jeremy Whitley and Wil Robson!
    I hope that Future Foundation thing is a set up for a book and Jeremy Whitley is the perfect person for the job.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm so out of touch with the Hulk for like at least 3 or 4 years now. Who is the Hulk these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm so out of touch with the Hulk for like at least 3 or 4 years now. Who is the Hulk these days?
    Bruce, but the current Hulk personality is the Immortal Hulk, a smarter, craftier, brutal Hulk again, that will come out at night even if Banner dies during the day. Basically, it's more Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde than ever before.

Bleeding cool posted the solicit and there something very exciting (at least for me) in there.

I hope that Future Foundation thing is a set up for a book and Jeremy Whitley is the perfect person for the job.
    Mother of god, I called it. Yay!

How long before the Foundation meet GIRL, I wonder?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That makes sense. You test the concept out in the main book and gauge the interest before the possibility of a spin-off.

I hope people get it because I really want a Future Foundation book.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Bruce, but the current Hulk personality is the Immortal Hulk, a smarter, craftier, brutal Hulk again, that will come out at night even if Banner dies during the day. Basically, it's more Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde than ever before.
    Ah, so Bruce was brought back from the dead after SW and brought in to the new reality. Thanks. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

i’d probably buy it for dragon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ah, so Bruce was brought back from the dead after SW and brought in to the new reality. Thanks. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    SW... Secret Wars? He didn't even die until Civil War II!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman