Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thanks for the info. I do usually enjoy PAD and I'm surprised he hasn't had a run on the book. Interesting.
    Namor appears in that X-Factor story too, well sort of. The one thing that PAD did there that annoys me is that he dredged up the old stuff about Sue and Namor. It was really a device of Doom's that was sort of a virtual reality fantasty creator, for lack of a better description. Doom placed her in his custody in his castle to keep her safe from his doppelganger Doom who had taken over an identical AU Reed's body.

It was really a device of Doom's that was sort of a virtual reality / fantasy creator, for lack of a better description. Doom placed her in his custody in his castle to keep her safe from his doppelganger Doom who had taken over an identical AU Reed's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Namor appears in that X-Factor story too, well sort of. The one thing that PAD did there that annoys me is that he dredged up the old stuff about Sue and Namor. It was really a device of Doom's that was sort of a virtual reality fantasty creator, for lack of a better description. Doom placed her in his custody in his castle to keep her safe from his doppelganger Doom who had taken over an identical AU Reed's body.

It was really a device of Doom's that was sort of a virtual reality / fantasy creator, for lack of a better description. Doom placed her in his custody in his castle to keep her safe from his doppelganger Doom who had taken over an identical AU Reed's body.
    He's also shown Ben getting jobbed a couple of times. Once because he was mad that a pineapple stronger thing beat a weaker grey hulk and that in PAD's opinion should never happen.

He also whined that Valeria was a ripoff of his insufferable blonde girl who knows stuff, Layla Miller. Clearly the actual original character is Winter Moran from Miracleman.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    He's also shown Ben getting jobbed a couple of times. Once because he was mad that a pineapple stronger thing beat a weaker grey hulk and that in PAD's opinion should never happen.
    That sounds pretty petty. Who did he make Ben job to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
    That sounds pretty petty. Who did he make Ben job to?
    Shatterstar and a sneak attack from the Hulk.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The tone of Annuals has changed. We see stories in regular books going to dive or six issues to fill a trade, making a one-shot annual look somewhat anemic in size. Marvel (and DC) had a few years where they had an underlying theme to some of their annuals and an overall crossover arc. That's pretty much what this is right here. Except instead of a $2 annual from whatever year, we're dealing with a $5 40 page issue. Going to 48 pages makes it $6 and so on.
    For me the most prominent use of annuals as a crossover arc was in 1989 with the mega-event Atlantis Attacks which ran through most of the annuals including FF Annual #22 which concluded it, and had Sue and She-Hulk as two of the Brides of Set.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

War of the Realms #3 Variant Cover:

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

Some old french FF covers by Jean Frisano:
    Couv_297648.jpg

UneaventuredesFantastiques38_10052002.jpg

UneaventuredesFantastiques39_10052002.jpg

More on more Marvel comics on the thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...h-cover-artist , if you like it. I'll post regularly!

FANTASTIC FOUR #12
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY PATCH ZIRCHER

Cuties.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Some old french FF covers by Jean Frisano:
    Couv_297648.jpg

UneaventuredesFantastiques38_10052002.jpg

UneaventuredesFantastiques39_10052002.jpg

More on more Marvel comics on the thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...h-cover-artist , if you like it. I'll post regularly!
    I love seeing non-American covers! It's interesting to see what other artists emphasize on these covers. Thanks for posting them!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The preview for Fantastic Four #9 (or 654)

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Four-9-PREVIEW

The current FF run hasn't had it's annual issue announced yet. It's nice that it will be at least a year when it eventually comes, too many books have their annuals early.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The current FF run hasn't had it's annual issue announced yet. It's nice that it will be at least a year when it eventually comes, too many books have their annuals early.
    I'm going to differ on this. FF is different in that it has a decades long history with dozens of annuals. An annual during the first year of this edition is something the title deserves. Many titles start brand new and get an annual before it breaks double digits which is the case you're referring to. And yes, I do want legacy numbering for the annual. The one-shot Annual2019 just doesn't do it for me.

I hope after the current run we get Ewing on the book, he'd be amazing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I love seeing non-American covers! It's interesting to see what other artists emphasize on these covers. Thanks for posting them!
    A few more so!

3a8477f621fbf5eb3af4d24810ec6500.jpg

une-aventure-des-fantastiques-n-25-prisonnier-du-prince-des-mers-comics-marvel.jpg

albums-les-fantastiques-35-les-visiteurs-de-l-espace.jpg

So wait! Did Susan meet Reed when she was 12? And he was in college? What age was she when she started dating him?