Page 50 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I’m all for it. Slott’s Spidey has been the best Spidey run in decades.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Could just be a countdown to something Spidey related. May have nothing to do with the Fantastic Four at all and the "4" means nothing.

Or it could be the "New Fantastic Four", a team I hate.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-16-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I’d prefer it be FF / Spider-WOMAN TEAMUP !

Alex Ross posted a pic of Sam Raimi movie Spidey and MJ, then deleted it. There's speculation that this teaser is actually for a comic adaptation of Raimi's unused Spider-Man 4 script. Slott denied that this had anything to do with him, but that tweet was deleted as well.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._be_coming_in/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

So hopefully this is in before any disappointing FF4 reveal.
    I've seen speculation this might have a reveal at SDCC which is almost exactly a month from now. And that would honestly make sense since it's the big comic event of the year. So what better place to reveal a comic adaptation of Spider-man 4 than at the place where most of your fans are?

I've also seen talk on Twitter that this would be a Fantastic Four spinoff title. Now Marvel like any comic company works in hyperbole, but wouldn't that be the most obvious thing? Spider-man is apart of some crossover or is in a All-new Fantastic Four book, that's literally the first things people thought of outside Spider-man 4.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's speculation that this teaser is actually for a comic adaptation of Raimi's unused Spider-Man 4 script.

What do people think about the rumor that John Krasinski, Emily Blunt and Liam Hemsworth are being eyed to play Reed, Sue and Johnny?

John and Emily are my no. 1 fan casts for Reed and Sue. Liam would be OK for Johnny but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    What do people think about the rumor that John Krasinski, Emily Blunt and Liam Hemsworth are being eyed to play Reed, Sue and Johnny?

John and Emily are my no. 1 fan casts for Reed and Sue. Liam would be OK for Johnny but he wouldn't be my first choice.
    I'm fine with Krasinkski and Blunt as Reed and Sue. They aren't my first choice, but still pretty decent and popular picks.

Don't like Liam Hemsworth as Johnny. He's too old and Johnny should start as teen around MCU Peter Parkers age. So they should find an actor around Tom Hollands age or who pass as a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm fine with Krasinkski and Blunt as Reed and Sue. They aren't my first choice, but still pretty decent and popular picks.

Don't like Liam Hemsworth as Johnny. He's too old and Johnny should start as teen around MCU Peter Parkers age. So they should find an actor around Tom Hollands age or who pass as a teen.
    I agree about Liam. As I said, he wouldn't be my first choice but it certainly wouldn't be the worst casting.

I would, personally, like to see Dacre Montgomery as Johnny. That would give him and Emily an age gap of 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The most common argument I've heard against Kristoff's inclusion in recent comics is that he's somehow obsolete. He is meant to be heir of Doom, a chance for Doom to one-up Reed in parenting. Then Val came along and took that from him and had a more complicated relationship with the FF and Doom. Instead of a dark mirror to Franklin, you've now tied the families together.
    I personally say that was horse crap since it's not like you can't tell stories when characters no longer fit a role. If that was the case, Sue would be gone since she no longer fits the role of damsel in distress. You could just create a new role for the character. You just need to do it well.
    I'd love to see Kristoff's reaction to Reed telling him what Doom did on Battleworld with the whole creating versions of the Fantastic Four and Future Foundation as his church and family.
    Well, I can just agree, Doom around Val is some sort of "cool uncle", he wants to prove himself better than Reed and he sees an opportunity gaining the love of one of their child's, Franklin is too far gone since he has done already too much damage to him (sending his soul to hell and rendering him catatonic for a while) but Val is a fresh start, still is just that an "uncle".

Kristoff was a chance to show Doom skills as a parent and gives a much more deep development, is easy to be "cool" when you only has to take care of a child for a couple of weeks or some hours. Doom can focus on spoil the girl in ways is parents never would allow, and face not consequences since her education is not really of his concern. But being a real parent is a lot harder, has his up and downs you invariably make mistakes, had to face the consequences, and how those consequences impact in your child. Was a big opportunity to make doom a deeper character showing us than even the most intelligent villain in the universe did not born knowing how to be a perfect parent.Doom showing humanity and mistakes would have shown a great development. Is him too harsh as parent, too strict too liberal perhaps, how that affects his relationship with Kristoff?

Yes, I would have loved to see Kristoff reaction to the battleword, but also from being in coma 4 years for wounds sustained in a mission assigned for his father, or when his mind affected for using dark magic. All those "mistakes" that Doom committed while raising him and they have to face as a "family".

Also Kristoff interacting with Val was another wasted opportunity, they wanted a sort of "anti Franklin" what about a some sort of dark brother? Older and less scrupulous than other member of his biological family but not so in control of his powers as Doom. What a shame.

I agree about Liam. As I said, he wouldn't be my first choice but it certainly wouldn't be the worst casting.

I would, personally, like to see Dacre Montgomery as Johnny. That would give him and Emily an age gap of 12 years.
    Ah yeah, the red Power Ranger. Good choice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ah yeah, the red Power Ranger. Good choice.
    And one of the antagonists from Stranger Things season 2. I think he can pull off that cocky charisma that Johnny is supposed to have while still coming across likeable and having boyish charm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQlaAqJjT9g
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 06-17-2019 at 10:18 AM.

It's a countdown, not something Fantastic Four related.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1140680451100696577

And one of the antagonists from Stranger Things season 2. I think he can pull off that cocky charisma that Johnny is supposed to have while still coming across likeable and having boyish charm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQlaAqJjT9g
    He's a decent choice and can pass for the right age.

It would be wild if marvel hired the red ranger and the black ranger

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Cool throwback in Invaders #4 (2019) to Fantastic Four #4 (1962).