Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It depends on how Slott handles the next arc where they're supposed to go into space. It's not like he's a hack. I did like his Thing solo.

If he can't handle the space adventure, then what's the point?

Ideally, I'd like Ewing or Zdarsky to take the helm. Ewing's ultimates was great and so is Immortal Hulk. I really enjoyed Zdarsky's Two-in-One and Spider-Man: Life's Story and believe he would be great for the book.
    That's pretty much how I'm viewing things. The next arc is the make or break for me and if things turn sour I'd want Ewing on the book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It depends on how Slott handles the next arc where they're supposed to go into space. It's not like he's a hack. I did like his Thing solo.

If he can't handle the space adventure, then what's the point?

Ideally, I'd like Ewing or Zdarsky to take the helm. Ewing's ultimates was great and so is Immortal Hulk. I really enjoyed Zdarsky's Two-in-One and Spider-Man: Life's Story and believe he would be great for the book.
    Judging from his MTIO, I'd want Zdarsky on this book. And let's get some consistency with the art! Seems like we can't get the same artist for more that 2 issues in a row. The Fantastic Four themselves have become to tame and I think Slott has made the family part of it boring. Hickman did much better with the underlying theme of fathers and sons....Reed and Nathaniel, Reed and Franklin and even a little Doom and Kristoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Judging from his MTIO, I'd want Zdarsky on this book. And let's get some consistency with the art! Seems like we can't get the same artist for more that 2 issues in a row. The Fantastic Four themselves have become to tame and I think Slott has made the family part of it boring. Hickman did much better with the underlying theme of fathers and sons....Reed and Nathaniel, Reed and Franklin and even a little Doom and Kristoff.
    Not to mention Wizard and Bentley.

Thanks, I knew I forgot one father/son pair. Bentley is a great new addition to the extended family.

BANNED

I can’t believe we have no regular artist in this book

Medina is the closest so far with 2 issues and another 2 after the hulk arc.

I’m fine with him but at least tell us.

I enjoyed 1-5, 11 and some of 12 but this needs to improve big time or sales will slip

Just realized that Sue has not fought all during this run, she's only used her powers defensively. The closest thing was when she made Doom's armor invisible.

Johnny does his usual fire blasts that seem to do nothing.

Reed is there too I guess.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    With issue 12 out it's been practically a year since the teams return to comics. What is everyone's thoughts on the run so far?
    It has some good moments but... not my cup of tea in general.

For those looking for video games that have FF4, Marvel Strike Force is releasing the FF4 as the next set of characters. They are going to have team synergy with Namor and the 5 of them look to be possibly the best team in the game for Alliance War.

Looks like Thing is going to be a Brawler(Melee Damage) too, which is slightly unexpected because most of the big Marvel bruisers are Protectors(Tanks/Heavy Defense) such as Hulk, Juggernaut, Rhino, Colossus, Thanos, Luke Cage are all protectors. Most would have assumed Ben would be a Protector and Sue a Support(Healer/defense). Turns out Sue is going to be a Protector, with Reed a Controller(CC), and Human Torch is a Blaster(Ranged DPS). Namor is the 5th member as another Brawler, making the team appear to be a burst damage machine.

Thing is supposed to be the first one to release and there's a Thing and Human Torch Event Campaign that starts in game August 9th I believe.

All-New Member

I am sooo getting tired of so far the new FF writers giving their rendition of Jacks and Stan's FF # 1 to 12 . YOU can't repeat History ! They also have retconned Doom stealing Gal's power cosmic and kinda given Doom a new Silver Surfer. For us old timers Yancy St. was Ben's , OMG ! NOW they got Ben going back to losing his strength while fighting a foe , guess that never happened , NOT! . I guess they want young folks to buy the old Series. Next up will be " The Hate Monger " I think , or Rama Tut , watch.

Mighty Member

The artist thing annoys me, too. I did not expect Esad Ribic to be the most consistent artist on this series. And he only does covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Just realized that Sue has not fought all during this run, she's only used her powers defensively. The closest thing was when she made Doom's armor invisible.

Johnny does his usual fire blasts that seem to do nothing.

Reed is there too I guess.
    Now that you bring it up, it feels odd that the F4 feel this inept.

My irrational side says to blame Franklin and Valeria for their increased presence, but they've had increased presences in stories before and didn't cause the Fantastic Four to look incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by ulti View Post
    Next up will be " The Hate Monger " I think , or Rama Tut , watch.
    Will these plots be before the "Inhuman Royal Family drama" plot or after the "Franklin is kidnapped and used as a human battery" plot? XD
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 08-04-2019 at 05:38 PM.

The artist thing annoys me, too. I did not expect Esad Ribic to be the most consistent artist on this series. And he only does covers.

Now that you bring it up, it feels odd that the F4 feel this inept.

My irrational side says to blame Franklin and Valeria for their increased presence, but they've had increased presences in stories before and didn't cause the Fantastic Four to look incompetent.
    To me, it still feels like we are being introduced to the FF. I find the stories enjoyable. Nothing thats going to win any comic awards. I guess I am still just grateful to have a comic after the FF were being screwed by Marvel for a couple of years. But it would be nice to see the FF out of their comfort zone.

Another gripe I have is the move to Yancy Street isn't working for me. IMO it seems dumb to have a danger magnet like the FF living among ordinary citizens. It did require a suspension of belief even when they were in the fortified Baxter Building. But this move just seems another one of Slotts "Oh look, we're a family" ploys.

Mighty Member

Honestly, Slott's family dynamic can feel like a Disney Channel sitcom at times. You have your boring/oblivious parents, your cool uncles, your dumbass teenage son, and your brainy, know it all daughter. There's your family.

Honestly, Slott's family dynamic can feel like a Disney Channel sitcom at times. You have your boring/oblivious parents, your cool uncles, your dumbass teenage son, and your brainy, know it all daughter. There's your family.
    Almost makes it sound like an actual pitch for one when you put it that way .

Sounds a bit like The Simpsons actually. Reed has no counterpart, but think about it - Sue and Marge are both the caring Mom, Bart and Franklin are the bratty kid, Lisa and Val are the clever clogs girl, and Homer is like Ben or Johnny, the authority figure who isn't as bright.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman