Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1421
    Astonishing Member

I'm sticking with the book, like the current avengers, out of nolstagic love of the characters and in the firm knowledge that they can be in great stories

This run has yet to impress me at all, most of the books I barely remember what happened issue to issue

Really disappointed with what should have been the great return of the FF has meandered into what is imo a very average book

I feel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Unless Namor is a red herring (pun intended).
    I am very tired of the sue and namor thing, she clearly loves Reed, there is no reality in character to anything else

If slott trys to wedge the family with namor I'm genuinely off the FF for the rest of his run

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I am very tired of the sue and namor thing, she clearly loves Reed, there is no reality in character to anything else

If slott trys to wedge the family with namor I'm genuinely off the FF for the rest of his run
    Thats the thing. Everyone is tired of it. Since the 90s. It just shows you they dont know what to do with the FF whenever they bring it back around

Honest question when was the last time the Fantastic Four had a good storyline completley unrelated to either Valeria or Franklin? I feel like it always somehow comes back to the kids. Reed had his moment in Secret Wars. But other then fucking Medusa with Johnny, or Ben getting married nothing really stands out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Thats the thing. Everyone is tired of it. Since the 90s. It just shows you they dont know what to do with the FF whenever they bring it back around
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Honest question when was the last time the Fantastic Four had a good storyline completley unrelated to either Valeria or Franklin? I feel like it always somehow comes back to the kids. Reed had his moment in Secret Wars. But other then fucking Medusa with Johnny, or Ben getting married nothing really stands out to me.
    Chip Zdarsky’s Marvel 2 in 1! That book was fantastic! Chip really understood the characters and I wish they would have given him the reigns of the book instead of Slott.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Fantastic wish-list:

Bring back some classic supporting characters. Sergius O'Hoolihan was the Baxter Building doorman. Does he still work there (though he didn't show up while Peter Parker owned it)? Caledonia, Franklin's Scottish babysitter from an AU.
    Give the FF other established alien races to interact with: they have a long history with the Skrull and Kree but not the Shi'ar (though Gladiator has fought the team and Sue solo).
    More robots/androids in the background. H.E.R.B.I.E. is back, but I guess H.U.B.E.R.T. is no longer need since Franklin is now a teen; Roberta should be back as well.
    Revisit the FF's other properties: the Foundation space station (Hickman), Reed's California house (Byrne), their Antarctic Base.
    And… Franklin's Puppy!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

When was Sergius around? The Baxter was destroyed at one point.

More robots is definitely a good idea as Slott could tie that to his other book, Iron Man.

Franklin had a dog?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When was Sergius around? The Baxter was destroyed at one point.

More robots is definitely a good idea as Slott could tie that to his other book, Iron Man.

Franklin had a dog?
    The offspring of Lockjaw and an interdimensional monster. No seriously. The Son of a Genius incarnation could even use his powers to time travel. The mainline I don't remember much of.

Franklin as he is now may not be the best dog friend. However, a dog may wake him the #### up and get a little humanity back into his whiny emo teenage persona.

And if Franklin were to get a dog, Val would demand a pet of her own. I'm thinking robot cat.

If they get a pet it should be different, like a weird alien that only the kids think is cute. But everyone in the family eventually learns to love it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If they get a pet it should be different, like a weird alien that only the kids think is cute. But everyone in the family eventually learns to love it.
    Just gonna leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Just gonna leave this here...

That's the reaction the kids should have.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Roberta should return as a supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Roberta should return as a supporting character.
    I'm not sure if Star Trek: TNG's data and shows like the new Westworld have made sentient android/robot creation rights run of the mill, but Roberta might be a good example to address that in FF. Androids on strike? Robots getting the right to vote? I'd bring up R.U.R. but kids nowadays not only wouldn't know about it, but they'd think is was a complete sentence.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Franklin had a dog?
    Here. Caledonia is the woman protecting Franklin.

And also here is Claremont's teen Val aka the second character who is the daughter of an AU (?) power couple (Reed? Doom? and Sue) from the future who travels to the present and calls herself Marvel Girl and inherits some of her mother's powers (because he likes to repeat the theme of Rachel Summers the AU daughter of Scott and Jean who also traveled back in time and also at one point called herself Marvel Girl).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES