Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1421

Hmm... that wouldn't be out of character for her if it saved Johnny's life - though it would be ironic if that happened and then she led Galactus to Spyre (having forgotten it's her homeworld, because becoming a herald strips your memories - Silver Surfer didn't know who he was at first), causing the planet's destruction.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since Sky has powers, they'll have a hard time explaining why she doesn't accompany the team on missions. Is Slott turning them into the Fantastic Five?
    The FF has had five members on and off for years. Crystal, and Sharon for example.

I always enjoy the book more when another or new member is present.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-17-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Mighty Member

Jeremy posted a post-mortem on the Future Foundation

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1207351327610867712

Highlights include:
    1. Franklin and Val were to headline the FF since they were a bit more recognizable, especially after Hickman's run. By the first outline, Slott came in and said he would take them away for his stories.
    2. Jeremy, fresh off of Wasp's cancelation, thought that they needed someone with a bit more star power since the members they were left with have a pretty big popularity gap between them and the Richards children. Julie was brought on board. He also added Rikki since he wanted to use her.
    3. They would bring the Future Foundation and a "guest lecturer." Reminds me of the Power Pack all-ages books Marvel published over a decade ago.
    4. Rocket was supposed to be in Yondu's place, but Rocket died that month.
    5. A recognizable FF villain was needed. Doom and Galactus were occupied with Slott. The Maker was brought in.
    6. Before Lyja, there was a convoluted Ultimate Sue and Ultimate FF involved, but that was nixed.
    7. Lyja is a controversial character and Jeremy knows it, but her storyline got the axe.

Edit: There's more

8. Issue 5 was different since, well, the book got canned. Hence why the romance felt rushed.
    9. Other stories we could have gotten: Ms. America teaches about dimensions, Doom being a guest speaker, and a Power Pack reunion
    10. Also, Alex/Lyja isn't a thing.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-18-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Sounds like the book was doomed before it began then. Would've been more successful I think had it featured Rocket, Franklin and Valeria.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

And those were just the parts I summed up. He was still writing more as I was summing stuff up.

The backmatter actually had some good news.

"This is as far as the Foundation goes for now, but there are big changes on the horizon. Keep your eyes peeled!" - in other words, something's getting announced soon.

The backmatter actually had some good news.

"This is as far as the Foundation goes for now, but there are big changes on the horizon. Keep your eyes peeled!" - in other words, something's getting announced soon.
    New teen book under the Outlawed status quo?

Maybe, and speaking of which...

Frank and Val are on a cover for it.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    9. Other stories we could have gotten: Ms. America teaches about dimensions, Doom being a guest speaker, and a Power Pack reunion
    Gdi, these sound cool.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Maybe, and speaking of which...

Frank and Val are on a cover for it.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html
    Not surprising. Someone expected it would come up.

Wonder if we'll see it dealt with in the FF book or in a new Future Foundation series...?

That Outlawed cover looks a lot like Rich Buckler's cover for DC's All-Star Squadron #1. And I'm not even sure if Buckler didn't use that from another source.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That Outlawed cover looks a lot like Rich Buckler's cover for DC's All-Star Squadron #1. And I'm not even sure if Buckler didn't use that from another source.

I guess this kind of reminds me of how they used McCarthy to challenge the JSA with "unmask or else."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not surprising. Someone expected it would come up.

Wonder if we'll see it dealt with in the FF book or in a new Future Foundation series...?
    Both, I reckon. And this should affect the Fantastix as well, so I hope we see another story with them.

BANNED

Is anyone going to talk about the MASSIVE retcon on F4's origin in issue #17 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Is anyone going to talk about the MASSIVE retcon on F4's origin in issue #17 ?
    what was it this time?