Page 224 of 301 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4511
  1. #3346
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Phil Jimenez's Storm is a vision to behold.

  2. #3347
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Morrison got to write her in New X-men 132

    I like this scene.

    Shows Storm Energy Perception in the midst of Radiation.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  3. #3348
    Fantastic Member Shreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I like this scene.

    Shows Storm Energy Perception in the midst of Radiation.
    Makes me wonder if Ororo can take down Kitty mutant abilities vs mutant abilities.

  4. #3349
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Count me as another person who is glad Storm was spared from Morrison. I know that run has its fans, but that wasn't X-Men to me. He had some good ideas, but he twisted a lot of characters, had nonsensical ideas, and had little regard for continuity. Storm was WAY better off in XXM, with a writer who actually LIKES her and knows her value and strength as a character.

    In fact, in hindsight, it was the best consistent development the character has had since. Like butterkyss said, her not being in that run isn't what derailed her and limited her status in X-Men. It was the writers and editors not giving two sh**ts about the character. You always hear stories from writers and editors about what "fans" they are of the character, but 90% of the time, I personally think it's just hot air cause the results are just flat out awful. This has been a bad 15-16 years or so for Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Claremont saved Storm during that time. Morrison would not have written Storm well over the long term. You only need read his manifesto to see some of the dumb ideas he had for a lot of the characters he didn't get. The only other option at the time was Austen, and we all know he would have done a crap job with her, too. Storm's make or break point was definitely in the mid 2000's and her being shipped off to BP was what effectively killed her status in the X-Men, so Claremont was not responsible for keeping her from any main writer's grasp.

    Even if he were, none of her subsequent writers have done anything substantial with the character anyway. Fraction didn't do anything with her. Too obsessed with Cyclops and Emma. Gillen was alright, but again nothing special there. Ellis did good though, but it was all over pretty quick. Woods started out ok then went off the rails with her. The less said about Gold and IvX the better. I think the source of a lot of problems with Storm is TPTB thinking she's so passive and pacifist. It's really hurt the character. Also having the franchise revolve around Cyke was a huge mistake that really damaged a lot of characters. As was using Wolverine in what was clearly a Storm role during Schism, even if I would have found that tiring.
    I agree with both of these points, especially the part of her being passive and a pacifist. claremont had pretty much had ororo ok with killing when necceasey but with lobdell came his soft reboot which resulted in him portraying her again as a character who hated violence and more a pacifist. I would say in terms of characterization, power and representation he was the one who was most responsible for her decline.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #3350
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Morrison got to write her in New X-men 132

    oh is this the only time she made an appearance in the book?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #3351
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Makes me wonder if Ororo can take down Kitty mutant abilities vs mutant abilities.
    Huh??
    If your asking if Ororo can take down Kitty? The answer is Yes.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  7. #3352
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh is this the only time she made an appearance in the book?
    I believe so

  8. #3353
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I believe so
    oh lololol. well the little time she was there i thought was cool especially her being immersed in radiation when even Jean with Phoenix sparking had to be protected by a suit. it doesnt seem though many liked his run though. did you?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #3354
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh lololol. well the little time she was there i thought was cool especially her being immersed in radiation when even Jean with Phoenix sparking had to be protected by a suit. it doesnt seem though many liked his run though. did you?
    Really? Morrison's one for the most part was highly praised. I liked it despite hating what he did with several characters. I didnt read it as it orignially was released so that made some of the stuff easier to bare bc Marvel went and retconned/reversed alot of his material, such as Magneto being Xorn. They unfortunately left Jean dead which pissed me off

  10. #3355
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really? Morrison's one for the most part was highly praised. I liked it despite hating what he did with several characters. I didnt read it as it orignially was released so that made some of the stuff easier to bare bc Marvel went and retconned/reversed alot of his material, such as Magneto being Xorn. They unfortunately left Jean dead which pissed me off
    oh I see. yea I think some are arguing Morrison use it lack of usage is why ororo is currently inconsequential to the x-franchise.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #3356
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh I see. yea I think some are arguing Morrison use it lack of usage is why ororo is currently inconsequential to the x-franchise.
    The only thing Morrison using Storm would have done would be make Whedon more likely to use her in Astonishing as that book and cast were the ones that really became prominent in that era, where Storm was on the decline. I dont think Storm being in NXM though would have necesarily been good for her especially considering how he planned on utilizing her, which others have mentioned here. The fans would have turned on her and she'd be hated to this day if she were to have an affair with Scott

  12. #3357
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The only thing Morrison using Storm would have done would be make Whedon more likely to use her in Astonishing as that book and cast were the ones that really became prominent in that era, where Storm was on the decline. I dont think Storm being in NXM though would have necesarily been good for her especially considering how he planned on utilizing her, which others have mentioned here. The fans would have turned on her and she'd be hated to this day if she were to have an affair with Scott
    PHEW Dodged THAT Bullet.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  13. #3358
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    277

    Default

    https://www.houseofx.org/blog/welcome-to-genosha

    But this political radicalism is the appropriate end point of Storm’s leadership of the X-Men. She is not someone who is willing to let unjust systems stand, and will do whatever it takes to smash racist, patriarchal, and fascist capitalist states. It’s odd how much of this aspect of Storm has been erased in subsequent years – many writers forget her passion and “by any means necessary” approach, and while Cyclops took on a similar form of radicalism through this decade, every writer cast her as fundamentally opposed to these moves despite the number of major canonical Claremont stories that would suggest that she’d more likely look to his efforts and think “yes, finally.”

  14. #3359
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,872

    Default

    Passive Storm running and hiding away in Limbo instead of being more proactive and using her powers to destroy that T-cloud was a lowpoint for me. The writers then totally didnt get her.

  15. #3360
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Passive Storm running and hiding away in Limbo instead of being more proactive and using her powers to destroy that T-cloud was a lowpoint for me. The writers then totally didnt get her.
    Storm from the Genosha arc would've shoved every bit of that cloud up some Inhuman asses. That whole IxX arc did nothing for the mutants and had them all carrying around the stupid bat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •