Page 380 of 662 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Y’all when marauders come out?
    Oct 23.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not sure. Hopefully, its temporally.

End of next month. If i remember correctly.
    you do remember correctly and dont worry with hope beloved. the bright lady always smiles upon her children.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    With all these Mutant popping up on the island.
    I ask has anyone seen a Morlock so far through the HoX PoXevent. If so call them out.
    Callisto, Marrow, Masque have all been seen.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I agree. that said, what characters do you think would fall into that definition?

oan: I'm excited for black panther tomorrow. I'm hoping we get some action pages.

That's a good question. I'm not sure. There are plenty in movies and television. As for the X-Men, they are so flawed historically, I'm not sure if any of them are true Mary Sues. Perhaps in a particular storyline, but probably not in general.

Yes, I hope BP is good. I'm so done with the space romp stuff. I also liked the preview with Shuri. She was not trying to hear the stuff BP was saying about the future of Wakanda if helping the negatively impacted the current Wakanda. So he's king, true, but Shuri was holding things down when he was away.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Oh, ****. Storm had a good showing in BP. I'm biased, so I skipped to her parts, which is toward the end, so I have to go back and read the entire issue. But the panels of her are awesome and Coates has a good way of mixing her heroic images with off-panel talk of gods. He does a nice job continuing to remind BP readers that Ororo is a god, at least to the average Wakandan.

Mary Sue has been turned into a word to bash power fantasy and wish fulfilment characters that are not the color or gender of the person making the accusation. Batman aka Batman with prep aka BatGod is running being the biggest Mary Sue in freaking comics and is mostly beloved because of those things. Superman is embodiment of ridiculous power fantasy and he is loved. Mary Sue is not a legit thing in most cases .They call Michael Burnham but she is same archetype as Spock, They called Riri Williams and Shuri Mary Sues but they are the same archetype as Tony and T'challa. They have called MCU Captain Marvel one and she is MCU equivalent Superman. Mary Sue started out as call out on bad fan fiction where fans would make the ridiculous POV characters who could do everything. Using Mary Sue is mostly just a lazy way to hate new characters are fundamental doing the same thing as older characters in fact doing the same thing those characters did to popular.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, ****. Storm had a good showing in BP. I'm biased, so I skipped to her parts, which is toward the end, so I have to go back and read the entire issue. But the panels of her are awesome and Coates has a good way of mixing her heroic images with off-panel talk of gods. He does a nice job continuing to remind BP readers that Ororo is a god, at least to the average Wakandan.
    It was beautiful. Acuna really went above and beyond on those pages. Just the majesty of it all. I still feel something is off with Tchalla though. Loved the panel with Nakia's face looking like "Well go ahead bich, do i bow now?" lol. I did not like Shuri in this issue and felt Tchalla far to often ends up being support for his sister than the vice versa. That's ok in Shuri but not in Black Panther where he currently holds the mantle.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Come through, Storm. Storm was great in fearless #3 as well. Not so much lines but her whole presence and others reaction to it. A lot of little things that felt big. Good storm day,
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I'm gauging fan reaction and I predict I'll be hollering before the day is out. That's all.

yall if you havent heard let me tell you today Ororo Munro showed her @ss today. Black Panther was SIMPLY AMAZING!!!! It was breathtaking to read. Fearless was an added bonus to the sheer awesomeness that was contained within Black Panther. If you havemt please go support both titles by going to your LCS. I must definitely will do the same after work today!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Mary Sue has been turned into a word to bash power fantasy and wish fulfilment characters that are not the color or gender of the person making the accusation. Batman aka Batman with prep aka BatGod is running being the biggest Mary Sue in freaking comics and is mostly beloved because of those things. Superman is embodiment of ridiculous power fantasy and he is loved. Mary Sue is not a legit thing in most cases .They call Michael Burnham but she is same archetype as Spock, They called Riri Williams and Shuri Mary Sues but they are the same archetype as Tony and T'challa. They have called MCU Captain Marvel one and she is MCU equivalent Superman. Mary Sue started out as call out on bad fan fiction where fans would make the ridiculous POV characters who could do everything. Using Mary Sue is mostly just a lazy way to hate new characters are fundamental doing the same thing as older characters in fact doing the same thing those characters did to popular.
    I agree, that whole term is used by people are racist and/or misogynist to their core. It's a term they use against characters who have any role of authority or power in comics, science fiction, and fantasy who are not male and white.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Come through, Storm. Storm was great in fearless #3 as well. Not so much lines but her whole presence and others reaction to it. A lot of little things that felt big. Good storm day,
    agreed storm WAS FEARLESS! I left reading that asking myself now who is earths mightiest hero again? it was a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I'm gauging fan reaction and I predict I'll be hollering before the day is out. That's all.
    if you not hearing you might want to check your pulse to make sure you still alive. bo way you could read BP and not have a fangasm.

coates is the biggest storm fan? do you hear me lol. he is is unrivaled by no one at the marvel offices. I'm trying to let more people read before I give my detailed reaction lol.

That's a good question. I'm not sure. There are plenty in movies and television. As for the X-Men, they are so flawed historically, I'm not sure if any of them are true Mary Sues. Perhaps in a particular storyline, but probably not in general.

Yes, I hope BP is good. I'm so done with the space romp stuff. I also liked the preview with Shuri. She was not trying to hear the stuff BP was saying about the future of Wakanda if helping the negatively impacted the current Wakanda. So he's king, true, but Shuri was holding things down when he was away.
    baby BP was amazing and thsrs all I gots to say lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was beautiful. Acuna really went above and beyond on those pages. Just the majesty of it all. I still feel something is off with Tchalla though. Loved the panel with Nakia's face looking like "Well go ahead bich, do i bow now?" lol. I did not like Shuri in this issue and felt Tchalla far to often ends up being support for his sister than the vice versa. That's ok in Shuri but not in Black Panther where he currently holds the mantle.

goddess. I cant in still in awe.. I'm ready to just unpack everything i read in that issue. hadari yao reigned supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yall if you havent heard let me tell you today Ororo Munro showed her @ss today. Black Panther was SIMPLY AMAZING!!!! It was breathtaking to read. Fearless was an added bonus to the sheer awesomeness that was contained within Black Panther. If you havemt please go support both titles by going to your LCS. I must definitely will do the same after work today!!
    I'll have to take a look at Black Panther.

spoilers:
    In the mean time, that cover that showed several X-Men with several villains. Storm is a member of the ruling council of Krakoa.
    end of spoilers

https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I'll have to take a look at Black Panther.

spoilers:
    In the mean time, that cover that showed several X-Men with several villains. Storm is a member of the ruling council of Krakoa.
    end of spoilers

https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ
    that was going to be next question. I thought there were 12? and this seems to answer who the other black queen is too .

also yes please check out BP! it was delicious.

Can anyone post the screenshot of storm today ??? Please???

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Can anyone post the screenshot of storm today ??? Please???
    I don't have scans but I think you should definitely go to your lcs or purchase digital copy. it's totally worth it my friend.