Page 382 of 662 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 9921
  1. #5716
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I don't know how to do a proper spoiler warning, so I'm noting a a mild spoiler alert here.

    LIGHT SPOILERS BELOW








    Okay, so there are pages of total Storm awesomeness in BP. But it's the last panel before her big splash page that I absolutely love, guys. You have to really pay attention to the panel because in the midst of smoke clouds is a small image of Storm coming through. It's subtle but so powerful because you're like "WTF" and then the splash page of her full arrival. Every page is amazing. She's a one-woman army that get's it done. Loved it. This is what I love about the way Coates thinks about Storm. In a panel with Storm, an off-panel quote reads: Something greater than self as Storm descends to the land/people she just saved, with two of the people she saved looking up at her. The entire off-panel monologue was about gods, and the story of men wasn't complete without the inclusion of gods. Every bit of that was overladen with Storm scenes. You have to see it to fully get my point.

    On a different note, there was a brief but cute exchange between Storm and BP. He was about to go on a mission different from her and he said "You can make it without me for a little while, I take it?" Storm responds, "I suppose my love. We've made it this far, haven't we?" This is such good characterization of the two and their relationship. T'Challa takes himself way too seriously, sometimes, and it takes Ororo to bring him back to reality in a way that isn't intended to insult or emasculate but to affirm what they both know--he doesn't need to stress or do everything on his own because she knows what in the hell she's doing and will take care of it..
    I want to reread this issue again but only after I get off work but can I first say how much o adore you!!! This post here is everything.

    Now... I didnt catch that image of of storm coming through the clouds. I'm going to have to read the issue in further detail. What I would say I loved about this issue is that Coates used Ororo so effectively in this issue. We not only saw her tender side at the beginning of the issue (which I will comment more on later) but we also saw the dangerous/deadly side. Wakanda used her in a way that they didnt the last time I recall her assisting with an invasion on Wakanda:



    In the secret invasion story, Ororo was shown fighting H2H. This definitely was to make better use of all the characters outside of her but it simply didnt make any logical sense. Coates showed her, however, using her powers in a competent manner that resulted in zero casualties for the Wakandan people. It was both glorious and beautiful to read because Acuna artwork is spectacular.

    Now what I also loved is that when Ororo was doing the work of being the big gun, Nakia was forced to sit back and absorb just how amazing and godly Ororo is. This was her firsthand glance of how this woman who loves Tchalla and willing to put everything on the line for him, also fights valiantly for the Wakandan people as well. Her loving and tenderness as she kissed Tchalla goodbye extends to how she has not only fought for him and their love, but her battling the invaders as Nakia witnesses this symbolizes to me that Nakia is simply another distraction that their love would eventually overcome. It was beautiful and a great issue to read!!!! When you have a great woman like Ororo on your side what else do you need? To your point of Tchalla not needing to stress, I believe that scene was meant to cement that idea.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #5717
    Spectacular Member STORM1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This looks pretty amazing. Storm reveling in her element.

    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I’m just theorizing but after reading POX #5 spoilers I think I’m understanding Storm role more in krakoa
    Thoughts? As part of the council I am assuming she would be involved in setting laws and rules but do you see something ore specific to her?


    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, shit. Storm had a good showing in BP. I'm biased, so I skipped to her parts, which is toward the end, so I have to go back and read the entire issue. But the panels of her are awesome and Coates has a good way of mixing her heroic images with off-panel talk of gods. He does a nice job continuing to remind BP readers that Ororo is a god, at least to the average Wakandan.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yall if you havent heard let me tell you today Ororo Munro showed her @ss today. Black Panther was SIMPLY AMAZING!!!! It was breathtaking to read. Fearless was an added bonus to the sheer awesomeness that was contained within Black Panther. If you havemt please go support both titles by going to your LCS. I must definitely will do the same after work today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I'll have to take a look at Black Panther.

    spoilers:
    In the mean time, that cover that showed several X-Men with several villains. Storm is a member of the ruling council of Krakoa.
    end of spoilers


    https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ
    Can’t wait to pick these up! Heading to the LCS in 20 min. Will share my thoughts later.

  3. #5718
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I want to reread this issue again but only after I get off work but can I first say how much o adore you!!! This post here is everything.

    Now... I didnt catch that image of of storm coming through the clouds. I'm going to have to read the issue in further detail. What I would say I loved about this issue is that Coates used Ororo so effectively in this issue. We not only saw her tender side at the beginning of the issue (which I will comment more on later) but we also saw the dangerous/deadly side. Wakanda used her in a way that they didnt the last time I recall her assisting with an invasion on Wakanda:



    In the secret invasion story, Ororo was shown fighting H2H. This definitely was to make better use of all the characters outside of her but it simply didnt make any logical sense. Coates showed her, however, using her powers in a competent manner that resulted in zero casualties for the Wakandan people. It was both glorious and beautiful to read because Acuna artwork is spectacular.

    Now what I also loved is that when Ororo was doing the work of being the big gun, Nakia was forced to sit back and absorb just how amazing and godly Ororo is. This was her firsthand glance of how this woman who loves Tchalla and willing to put everything on the line for him, also fights valiantly for the Wakandan people as well. Her loving and tenderness as she kissed Tchalla goodbye extends to how she has not only fought for him and their love, but her battling the invaders as Nakia witnesses this symbolizes to me that Nakia is simply another distraction that their love would eventually overcome. It was beautiful and a great issue to read!!!! When you have a great woman like Ororo on your side what else do you need? To your point of Tchalla not needing to stress, I believe that scene was meant to cement that idea.
    Ha, I think I only noticed the image of Storm on that small panel because I read the issue on my cell phone and had to blow up the image. Like I said, it's subtle. But once you notice it, you won't be unable to see it. It's actually pretty powerful because you know some shit is about to go down. As to the Skrull invasion and Jason Aaron, who I believe wrote that arc, his use of Storm, as you mentioned, wasn't the best. He did have her taking down Skrull ships, if memory serves. But as hand-to-hand Storm isn't at all how she should be used. That is dumb and a waste of a good character. What good writers do is create situations that are logical where heroes can shine or even lose, in a way that makes the most sense. The thing with Coates is that he clearly doesn't believe that BP is diminished when Storm comes on the scene. He's literally had T'Challa tell, not only Storm, but his entire country, that he is a mere man whereas she is a goddess. He's still an amazing, strong, intelligent king who is secure in who he is, so being with Storm doesn't faze him. I love that Coates gets this and shows T'Challa trusting and relying on Ororo time and again because he understands her worth as a woman and as a powerful mutant.

    I'm paraphrasing here, but the arc where Wakandas elevated Storm as a goddess, there was a scene where Storm came to BP's rescue. She said something about being a "damsel" but rescuing her "champion." And T'Challa said something like: "May it always be so." See. That.

    Yes, Nakia saw her "competition" in all her glory. I do wonder, though, if T'Challa told Ororo about Nakia. I mean, he sent her to the moonbase to help, knowing Nakia would be there. Either they talked and she wasn't fazed by it (they are obviously still on good, romantic terms) or he let her go there blind, either not caring if Nakia said something to Ororo about them (which I don't see him doing) or assuming Nakia wouldn't mention it. That also doesn't sound like as man with contingency plans. So, I'm partial to theory that they talked off-panel and Ororo chose to accept his return to her as proof enough of his love and commitment to her. So, yeah, who knows if Coates will do more with this BP/Nakia subplot.

  4. #5719
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    This looks pretty amazing. Storm reveling in her element.



    Thoughts? As part of the council I am assuming she would be involved in setting laws and rules but do you see something ore specific to her?








    Can’t wait to pick these up! Heading to the LCS in 20 min. Will share my thoughts later.
    please do !! I think you will enjoy it thoroughly.

    I have another question. is storm in wakanda prime or back in the wakanda future? I'm kinda confused lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #5720
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    please do !! I think you will enjoy it thoroughly.

    I have another question. is storm in wakanda prime or back in the wakanda future? I'm kinda confused lol.
    I thought she was in the future. Thats why Nakia was all "one ship" and the other guy was like "get everyone out the air." i thought she came through the portal in the ship but exited the ship before it exploded and started wreaking havok. That's why the bad guy's sky was different than where Storm's was.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  6. #5721
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought she was in the future. Thats why Nakia was all "one ship" and the other guy was like "get everyone out the air." i thought she came through the portal in the ship but exited the ship before it exploded and started wreaking havok. That's why the bad guy's sky was different than where Storm's was.
    but aren't they on the moon on earth prime universe?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #5722
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but aren't they on the moon on earth prime universe?
    Yeah your right. so she must have went through the galatic core to the moon base. But is it the moon base of the future or the moon base of the present. I would assume future but who knows i guess everybody has something on the moon at this point. lol. You got X-men baase, Wakan da Base. The moon must be full by now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #5723
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah your right. so she must have went through the galatic core to the moon base. But is it the moon base of the future or the moon base of the present. I would assume future but who knows i guess everybody has something on the moon at this point. lol. You got X-men baase, Wakan da Base. The moon must be full by now.
    Reading a third time i think it's the future. Why would they need to retro fit their ships just to get to the present moon. The galatic jump was to the moon of the future where they have a large base. There were aliens on the ground looking up at Storm too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #5724
    Spectacular Member stormstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Storm was the biggest gun in the arsenal today. Both in Black Panther and Fearless. As she should be.
    Uggggh Iím still not home yet

  10. #5725
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Ha, I think I only noticed the image of Storm on that small panel because I read the issue on my cell phone and had to blow up the image. Like I said, it's subtle. But once you notice it, you won't be unable to see it. It's actually pretty powerful because you know some shit is about to go down. As to the Skrull invasion and Jason Aaron, who I believe wrote that arc, his use of Storm, as you mentioned, wasn't the best. He did have her taking down Skrull ships, if memory serves. But as hand-to-hand Storm isn't at all how she should be used. That is dumb and a waste of a good character. What good writers do is create situations that are logical where heroes can shine or even lose, in a way that makes the most sense. The thing with Coates is that he clearly doesn't believe that BP is diminished when Storm comes on the scene. He's literally had T'Challa tell, not only Storm, but his entire country, that he is a mere man whereas she is a goddess. He's still an amazing, strong, intelligent king who is secure in who he is, so being with Storm doesn't faze him. I love that Coates gets this and shows T'Challa trusting and relying on Ororo time and again because he understands her worth as a woman and as a powerful mutant.

    I'm paraphrasing here, but the arc where Wakandas elevated Storm as a goddess, there was a scene where Storm came to BP's rescue. She said something about being a "damsel" but rescuing her "champion." And T'Challa said something like: "May it always be so." See. That.

    Yes, Nakia saw her "competition" in all her glory. I do wonder, though, if T'Challa told Ororo about Nakia. I mean, he sent her to the moonbase to help, knowing Nakia would be there. Either they talked and she wasn't fazed by it (they are obviously still on good, romantic terms) or he let her go there blind, either not caring if Nakia said something to Ororo about them (which I don't see him doing) or assuming Nakia wouldn't mention it. That also doesn't sound like as man with contingency plans. So, I'm partial to theory that they talked off-panel and Ororo chose to accept his return to her as proof enough of his love and commitment to her. So, yeah, who knows if Coates will do more with this BP/Nakia subplot.
    So I reread it and I saw the image of her in the smoke!! That is such a great catch. To your point about Nakia, I'm not sure Ororo is fully aware of what Tchalla is experiencing or had experienced in the future. I think she has a sense that something is tugging at his heart from one the earlier issues as she acknowledges she knows he has to go back to help the future wakandans. But assuming he didnt I wouldnt fault him. He, i imagine, is trying to process a lot of feelings and emotions. To open up that discussion I'm sure he would want to fully understand what he wants at the end of it




    To your point about Coates view of Ororo supporting him I completely agree!!! He shows him accepting the help of Ororo without the feeling of emasculation. It shows Tchalla is confident in his abilities and is smart enough to let his partner step in when he doesnt have the power to do it on his own. It makes Coates writing of Tchalla, his ability to be sensitive and fully aware of his strengths and weaknesses, a lot more appealing to me. One thing I recalled having a distaste for when they were married was him being unable to accept his wife's aid.

    Screenshot_20190925-131553_Samsung Internet.jpg


    I for one most certainly hope he doesnt do anything more with thet basic b!tch lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #5726
    Spectacular Member stormstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Thoughts? As part of the council I am assuming she would be involved in setting laws and rules but do you see something ore specific to her?

    Well I’m thinking she would be a more spiritual leader maybe, maybe a spokeswoman.

  12. #5727
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah your right. so she must have went through the galatic core to the moon base. But is it the moon base of the future or the moon base of the present. I would assume future but who knows i guess everybody has something on the moon at this point. lol. You got X-men baase, Wakan da Base. The moon must be full by now.
    it most certainly would be a lot going on with all those nations on the moon. lolol

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Reading a third time i think it's the future. Why would they need to retro fit their ships just to get to the present moon. The galatic jump was to the moon of the future where they have a large base. There were aliens on the ground looking up at Storm too.
    oh ok lol. so now ororo is in the future with the basic b!tch??? yes I'm ready for storm to drop this bit of knowledge on nakia:

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #5728
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Thoughts? As part of the council I am assuming she would be involved in setting laws and rules but do you see something ore specific to her?

    Well I’m thinking she would be a more spiritual leader maybe, maybe a spokeswoman.
    well there is much that has to be broken down. I don't know how much of this is spoilers so I dont want to get to detailed but assuming she is on the council, which of the seasons would she be grouped (spring, summer, winter, or fall)? Do being grouped in this mean these leaders will lead partially during the respective season or is there some other meaning? I'm glad she will have a voice potentially but there are still a lot of unknowns before any final conclusions that can be made.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #5729
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    who is melody guthrie?? I seriously thought it was a made up character.
    One of Cannonball and Husk's siblings, used to be called Aero but lost her flying powers in Decimation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #5730
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One of Cannonball and Husk's siblings, used to be called Aero but lost her flying powers in Decimation.
    oh ok thanks beloved. I seriously thought that was just a made up character. I love when writers are aware of canon and use it as a means to develop their stories.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •