Page 409 of 662 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is what happens when your brain waves are stored in a computer and then downloaded into your new clone body.

NuYou doesn't remember what OldYu said and did, so now she is spouting off isht that OldYu didn't say, now Oldyu is mad at NuYou for saying isht that OldYu wouldn't be caught dead(well, in limbo between resurrections) saying.

Bit here is an even more profound question:

If NuYou and OldYu ever fought, would OldYu kick NuYou's ass because OldYu has more experience or would NuYou wipe the floor with OldYu because NuYou is younger?

See, a whole Nu can of worms has been opened.
    I'm confused lol.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lol thank you, my friend. I operate under the idea that Ororo was already living Charles’ dream before he came to recruit her. He really had nothing to teach her in THAT regard. Even as a little girl growing up with two different street urchin groups Ororo always wanted to be part of the group. She wanted to be amongst the people. Helping is just in her nature. She didn’t know it, but she was in a way seeking her own sense of balance. Worlds Apart showed that she was ready to step into a new sense of self. Ellis tried to add some spice to her narrative by having her acknowledge Africa in a big way. He even took care to have the team around her acknowledge that she was the most logical point person to go in. Sadly, that narrative wasn’t pushed further. That was her time.

Then came her solo Pak tried to push it again, but in a fresh new way. She was saving communities that looked like her and the community embraced her. It was beautifully done imo. It showed the power she carries. It shows the communities she touches that don’t quite get the recognition they deserve. The best part about Pak’s solo that just occurred to me is that his story directly informs Storm’s narrative in BP&C. Given her trajectory under Pak, Storm’s relationship with Harlem only makes sense. Storm really is known in the street and they better put respeck on her name. It’s so bitter sweet because the X-men narrative as a team don’t allow for that voice to be heard. This go along to get along Storm must have deeper motivations beside just drinking the kool-aid. If she’s there doing her own investigation and weighing the risks vs the rewards then that’s what her narrative needs to reflect. The readers need to see those words come out of her mouth.

again I love the parallels you make between her being a child and then a woman as to how being a part of a community (not just a mutant one) is very important to her.

but I just thought of something. as big as ororo is, why within the world of xmen have we not seen her tackle issues that directly impact people who look like her in America. I want to see her have a concern for the environment like we saw in fearless but I also want to see her fight more against aggressions against black people such as gentrification like we saw in bp&c. I want to see interactions with mutant girls who are blue or green but also little black girls stuck at see as we did in the marvel anniversary issue . she comes across as tone deaf only fighting for mutant causes especially when we know a character like ororo has never been the one to fight only for mutants.

there's one line from this article too that seems to align to the point ororo should be push back more:

https://******************.com/2019/...d-powers-of-x/

We’re at the center of a story where X-Men are being sent on suicide missions and then being cloned from stored samples of DNA and a saved image of their minds. How is this just going on without some sort of push back? Like from anyone. Everyone from Wolverine to Cyclops is just accepting the status quo without question, and don’t even get me started on Storm.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-01-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Despite Emma being turned into a mad woman, she was still dedicated to mutant issues outside of the X-men TEAM SETTING. My simple argument is that other than the editorial mandate giving us dry excuses about what creative team she belonged to, the X-men writers could have made a few references to Storm making things happen for mutants on a political front. Emma got that treatment, Storm didn’t.
    Again, Emma's character was assassinated and she was turned into a deranged heavy to service story for the Inhumans and X-Men. This is not an approach to emulate in any way. She also never left the X-books.

Ororo isn’t Namor. However, this Storm is also supposed to be the same woman that’s appearing in Black Panther and Fearless. Both of those titles feature other mutants, but they are not mutant only zones. Storm is there and she flourishes as usual. She’s there as heroine and inspiration to all. And she doesn’t just focus on mutant issues. Which as evidence of both the council of 12 and the list of protected omega level mutants, it highlights that the mutant focus is one of white mutant supremacy.

I mentioned her time away from the team because you referenced the editorial mandate to write her out of the books. Better reasoning could have been given for her absence. It wasn’t. That’s what I’m emphasizing. Emma’s time away from the team made her a better mutant advocate.
    LOL, how did what she did in IvX make her a better mutant advocate? And to answer a point just past this, editorial didn't 'make those work for her', they very deliberately used those stories to grind her character down. But enough about Emma Frost in the Ororo thread.

I think comparisons to Israel are appropriate. Especially considering the leaders of Krakoa sent a special ops team to spy and retrieve sensitive information from a rival government then had the nerve to step in and take the suspects and the information they stole back into mutant custody.
    Like virtually any sovereign nation and power in the world.

This Ororo that is all “mutant nation first. be damned with all of humanity” needs to be make sense when we read her in Fearless and Black Panther.
    Fortunately that's not an issue. I'll simply say I look forward to your response tomorrow.

I am raising the bar. I just view it differently than you do.

When it comes to our outlook on what it means for the celebrity in Fearless and the Hadari Yao of Wakanda to meet Storm of the X-men and morph in spectacular fashion to make the woman that casts a shadow so large across the MU that Kelly Ann DeConnick had to reference her three times in order to explain just how awesome she thought Carol was by comparison, you and I couldn’t be any more different.
    Ah yes, this "Carol stole it" thing again. No, actually Ororo and Carol were raised up in the Marvel Universe decades ago by the exact same writer who created Ororo, and both put in long decades in print to get where they are with fandom and audiences today. I look forward to Ororo taking her rightful place right next to Carol in years to come in the MCU. Claremont would want it that way, as it's not a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont believe that this woman who has fought tirelessly for mutants and humans alike would all of the sudden be with "down with all humans" narrative.
    I'll respond to you directly since you didn't to me. That's not what Krakoa is doing. Enjoy tomorrow's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That body of hers handled the energy of millions of stars and planets at once. Our girl is tough.
    Agreed. I really don’t think Storm needs super strength added to an already impressive power set that is highly versatile. I think she has some strong natural “enhanced” physical resistances/immunities due to her body’s ability to handle the forces she channels and wind resistance.

But I’d much rather see her, recognizing her physical vulnerabilities, reflect that in her proficiency in close quarter combat (more evasive, highly developed reflexes, countering, etc), augment her physical strikes with the elements, and creatively using her powers to create a standard defense for herself (pressure or polarity shield).

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    I take it you've never seen the movie -- "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things", huh?
    I take it you haven't been in the backwoods of Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

I'll respond to you directly since you didn't to me. That's not what Krakoa is doing. Enjoy tomorrow's issue.
    "I am here so don't get fined" -Marshawn Lynch

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    "I am here so don't get fined" -Marshawn Lynch
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That body of hers handled the energy of millions of stars and planets at once. Our girl is tough.
    Remember Storm did the galactic core thing to kill herself and the brood embryo growing inside her. Then Acanti had to rebuild her body for her. So that particular feat is deadly for her.

I've always thought Storm should figure out a way to get some kind of energy shield using her powers to increase her durability.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I really don’t think Storm needs super strength added to an already impressive power set that is highly versatile. I think she has some strong natural “enhanced” physical resistances/immunities due to her body’s ability to handle the forces she channels and wind resistance.

But I’d much rather see her, recognizing her physical vulnerabilities, reflect that in her proficiency in close quarter combat (more evasive, highly developed reflexes, countering, etc), augment her physical strikes with the elements, and creatively using her powers to create a standard defense for herself (pressure or polarity shield).
    I actually agree here. in the context of her not being hadari yao I think she should use her abilities defensively in the manner you described. however, whenever she "ascends" or powers up to her goddess form I think there should be some distinguishable differences between her baseline powerset. speed and durability are two things that would be cool to see enhanced.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Again, Emma's character was assassinated and she was turned into a deranged heavy to service story for the Inhumans and X-Men. This is not an approach to emulate in any way. She also never left the X-books.

LOL, how did what she did in IvX make her a better mutant advocate? And to answer a point just past this, editorial didn't 'make those work for her', they very deliberately used those stories to grind her character down. But enough about Emma Frost in the Ororo thread.

Like virtually any sovereign nation and power in the world.

Fortunately that's not an issue. I'll simply say I look forward to your response tomorrow.

I am raising the bar. I just view it differently than you do.

Ah yes, this "Carol stole it" thing again. No, actually Ororo and Carol were raised up in the Marvel Universe decades ago by the exact same writer who created Ororo, and both put in long decades in print to get where they are with fandom and audiences today. I look forward to Ororo taking her rightful place right next to Carol in years to come in the MCU. Claremont would want it that way, as it's not a competition.

I was actually responding to Terrance. that comment wasnt directed at you. in regards to krakoa they are looking to create an isolated nation for mutants only. they dont look to interact with humans with the exception of when it benefits mutants. I dont see ororo being down for something like that when her entire life has been one where she has interacted with humans that is until Xavier convinced her she wasnt a goddess:

the humans in ororos life pre xmen loved and recorded her. they still do. I dont see her isolating herself from those she loves so dearly and would die protecting from harm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually agree here. in the context of her not being hadari yao I think she should use her abilities defensively in the manner you described. however, whenever she "ascends" or powers up to her goddess form I think there should be some distinguishable differences between her baseline powerset. speed and durability are two things that would be cool to see enhanced.

I was actually responding to Terrance. that comment wasnt directed at you. in regards to krakoa they are looking to create an isolated nation for mutants only. they dont look to interact with humans with the exception of when it benefits mutants. I dont see ororo being down for something like that when her entire life has been one where she has interacted with humans that is until Xavier convinced her she wasnt a goddess:

the humans in ororos life pre xmen loved and recorded her. they still do. I dont see her isolating herself from those she loves so dearly and would die protecting from harm.
    That scene with Magneto is funny. He points out how she has avoided the "prejudices and persecution" of being a mutant.

What about her being female and Black? Is she immune from those prejudices?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You do know, the mutant issue is indirectly analogous to the race/gender issue, right?
    So yes, she's immune to the prejudices of being Black and female because those aren't the pressing issues of that world /time.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-02-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That scene with Magneto is funny. He points out how she has avoided the "prejudices and persecution" of being a mutant.

What about her being female and Black? Is she immune from those prejudices?

In the context of this comic, Magneto is a mutant first, white male second. Being a mutant is what he see's as the common denominator between him and Ororo. In his mind, Storm lived the manifestation of his dream - as a goddess she ruled over the humans in her homeland and they worshiped her. He wants to know why she would give all that up. He doesn't care about any other trials or obstacles she may have faced.

It's funny. I was talking to a friend from Ghana yesterday and he was mentioning he didn't think he encountered skin color prejudice until he came to the United States for college. His wife, also from Ghana, made similar comments, but she went to school in London, not the US. As a black woman who was born and raised in America, that blew my mind. Of course as we discussed it, his statement made more and more sense.

intersectionality is a real thing and shouldn't be ignore - not even by Magneto. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You do know, the mutant issue is indirectly analogous to the race/gender issue, right?
    So yes, she's immune to the prejudices of being Black and female because those aren't the pressing issues of that world /time.
    What? For reals?

Look, prejudice is prejudice and one shouldn't haven't precedence over the other. Even in a comic book world.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-02-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    In the context of this comic, Magneto is a mutant first, white male second. Being a mutant is what he see's as the common denominator between him and Ororo. In his mind, Storm lived the manifestation of his dream - as a goddess she ruled over the humans in her homeland and they worshiped her. He wants to know why she would give all that up. He doesn't care about any other trials or obstacles she may have faced.

It's funny. I was talking to a friend from Ghana yesterday and he was mentioning he didn't think he encountered skin color prejudice until he came to the United States for college. His wife, also from Ghana, made similar comments, but she went to school in London, not the US. As a black woman who was born and raised in America, that blew my mind. Of course as we discussed it, his statement made more and more sense.

intersectionality is a real thing and shouldn't be ignore - not even by Magneto. LOL
    Exactamundo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Uhhhh, no, I doubt that very much.

Umm helloooooo is no one going to discuss how Storm was the only one on the council in today’s House of X to stress that spoilers:
    Mutants can still have places of residence/property in “the world” if they desire? Specifically saying “No one said we have to run from it”! Hmm I wonder why that would be a forethought in her mind in particular? (Insert sly grin while looking at you Wakanda/T’challa lol). Also I hope this soothes some of your qualms about Storm’s voice sounding “off” by coming off as a mutant seperatist/nationalist. It’s clear that out of everyone on the ruling council, she is still the one who is the biggest proponent for cohesive and cohabitable mutant/human interaction. Which sounds directly on point to me. Also LOVED her savage shade towards Sabretooth lol. Good bloody riddance.
    end of spoilers

Overall super happy and satisfied with today’s issue, as usual! Hickman is really hitting it out of the park. Glad to see the hype was most certainly deserved.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 10-02-2019 at 08:02 AM.