Page 32 of 662 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I certainly prefer this look to her 90s costume. Like you, I feel like this look commands respect and works perfectly for Storm and her personality. The tiara is like the icing on the cake.
    Agree on so many levels
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

If her 90s pajamas were any other color besides silver/platinum I'd like it, but black and gold is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Oh, sorry but the Byrne/Portaccio run was a major reason I grew out of touch with Storm, it made her aloof, almost uncaring. I didn't recognize her.
    And I must admit I didn't like the Jim Lee costume as well, it made her look like an X-general, reinforcing this idea of a cold and stern leader. And too much clothes she couldn't even breathe.
    Understandable. It wasn’t a fave period for me but was still agood period for Storm (over all good growth and development for her). As a leader I still saw her has idealistic at her core but she had become more pragmatic, confident and sure of her decisions (even when flawed) and had so much agency.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wooo chile. poor Alexandra the poor thing just cant get it right... so because people want storm in the movies to reflect the storm in the comics your life dont matter??? goddess shes an idiot.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/ale...men-1831777460
    She's always had an attitude problem. I remember her blocking me just for asking if she was allowed to wear blue contacts for Storm's eyes. That was just rude to do to a potential fan. Serves her right that the role is going to someone else. She never embodied Storm the right way anyway

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Let's play this out.

Storm pops Carol with a bolt of Lightning it hits her it WILL hurt, but she will try to absorb it and shoot it back at Storm. Storm dodges.

Storm gets VERY serious and Hits her with the full force of Electric energy tapping into the potential energy like she did in the "Inferno" saga. There is a 50% Carol WILL go Binary after that attack. But there is a 50% change that it hurts Carol and she can't contain that much energy.

WHY? Blue Marvel hit Carol with his Energy blast and Carol had a hard time absorbing his energy and stated that it was hurting, but she ended up going Binary ANYWAY LOL. We don't know if Hadari Yao can harm Carol because she can absorb literally all forms of Energy even Magic Energy to Cosmic. A Blast from Hadari Yao would turn Carol Binary in an instant. And Since Hadari Yao has no durability feats Storm is...kinda screwed.

HOWEVER, there is light at the end of the tunnel. If Storm doesn't relent up on her attack it is possible to overload Carol. And Storm wins. .....that is if she doesn't get punched by Carol LOL.

This is a HARD battle. It really can go either way.
    Storm has already won. They've fought before and Storm has gotten punched by Carol before more than once and survived in this incident. This story here shows that Storm left Carol unconscious.
    http://www.them6p.com/2014/11/19/mar...aptain-marvel/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Storm has already won. They've fought before and Storm has gotten punched by Carol before more than once and survived in this incident. This story here shows that Storm left Carol unconscious.
    http://www.them6p.com/2014/11/19/mar...aptain-marvel/
    That’s incorrect Sir. Storm has NEVER fought Captain Marvel. And if Captain Marvel ever did punch Storm? Her head would get knocked off.

That’s incorrect Sir. Storm has NEVER fought Captain Marvel. And if Captain Marvel ever did punch Storm? Her head would get knocked off.
    Agreed. This is really not an equalized fight. It is an uphill battle that Storm only win of she went lethal put the gate (which Ororo wouldn’t do based ob her morals). Storm would need to scramble her brain at the risk of killing her right out the gate. Any prolonged fight (sans maybe if they fought powerless) = Captain Marvel wins. I’d put Carol in a league above Storm as a ultra super brick who just has the right powerset advantages to beat Storm pretty handily under most circumstances.

As powerful as Storm is she's still squishy. Flying bricks like Carol and Adam could whip most Marvel heroes easily though. Should have had her husband make her a vibranium X suit before they took him away again.

I'd like to see her 'H2H-No powers' Carol though.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. This is really not an equalized fight. It is an uphill battle that Storm only win of she went lethal put the gate (which Ororo wouldn’t do based ob her morals). Storm would need to scramble her brain at the risk of killing her right out the gate. Any prolonged fight (sans maybe if they fought powerless) = Captain Marvel wins. I’d put Carol in a league above Storm as a ultra super brick who just has the right powerset advantages to beat Storm pretty handily under most circumstances.
    That’s true, but with Carol’s powerset she is also with disadvantages too. Carol can be overloaded. With Storms powerset she can effectively keep her from laying a finger on her.

It comes down to:
    1. How fast can Carol knock out Storm before Storm overloads Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    As powerful as Storm is she's still squishy. Flying bricks like Carol and Adam could whip most Marvel heroes easily though. Should have had her husband make her a vibranium X suit before they took him away again.

I'd like to see her 'H2H-No powers' Carol though.

Well, yeah that’s very true also. Carol and Adam can effectively take out most of Marvel’s heroes we see today. I don’t think Storm can beat Blue Marvel, but I do believe Storm has a chance to beat Carol Danvers. She will be a hard fight but I can see Storm winning. It’s funny I asked the very same question. How come T’Challa hasn’t created some form of Vibranium suit or tattoo something for Storm.

Storm has better experience in H2H than Carol so I’d give her the Win. But in terms of Aerial combat that goes to Carol Danvers.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-21-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. Carol's physical durability and strength give her the edge over Storm. One hit from Carol and Storm is down.

That’s true, but with Carol’s powerset she is also with disadvantages too. Carol can be overloaded. With Storms powerset she can effectively keep her from laying a finger on her.

It comes down to:
    1. How fast can Carol knock out Storm before Storm overloads Carol.

Well, yeah that’s very true also. Carol and Adam can effectively take out most of Marvel’s heroes we see today. I don’t think Storm can beat Blue Marvel, but I do believe Storm has a chance to beat Carol Danvers. She will be a hard fight but I can see Storm winning. It’s funny I asked the very same question. How come T’Challa hasn’t created some form of Vibranium suit or tattoo something for Storm.

Storm has better experience in H2H than Carol so I’d give her the Win. But in terms of Aerial combat that goes to Carol Danvers.
    I thought Binary form gave Carol a boost in speed as well, no? Once she goes Binary I figured she would be too fast for Storm to tag.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

As for the costumes, as much as I liked her original black get-up, (it's my favorite Storm costume), I always thought it was too impractical for her line of work. No, Storm doesn't get hot/cold, but she has no immunity to physical attacks. When getting shot at by bullets, lasers or some other type of exotic energy are an accepted risk of your job, you'd think a full suit of armor would be par for the course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. Carol's physical durability and strength give her the edge over Storm. One hit from Carol and Storm is down.

I thought Binary form gave Carol a boost in speed as well, no? Once she goes Binary I figured she would be too fast for Storm to tag.
    In a sense yes. Carol can absorb energy and increase her physical and speed as well. HOWEVER, Binary has actually gotten weaker over the years. I mean it’s still powerful, but not as powerful as it used to be in the classic days. But yes your right if Carol did Go Binary Storm would lose.

BUT as I said before, if Storm hits Carol with a full on bolt of lightning and unleashed the full power like she did to Legion. Carol Danvers will get KO’ed.

As long as Storm doesn't use lightning, she has a fair chance of defeating Carol if she is creative with her abilities.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    As for the costumes, as much as I liked her original black get-up, (it's my favorite Storm costume), I always thought it was too impractical for her line of work. No, Storm doesn't get hot/cold, but she has no immunity to physical attacks. When getting shot at by bullets, lasers or some other type of exotic energy are an accepted risk of your job, you'd think a full suit of armor would be par for the course.
    I agree with this as well. I think this is true for superhero comics across the board. Dozens of characters have costumes that are highly impractical when compared to all of the conflict and combat that they endure. Storm definitely fits into this category considering some of the looks she's had.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

It comes down to:
    1. How fast can Carol knock out Storm before Storm overloads
    Storm could create a fog/white-out (or a combo of both to limit a blitz attack and make herself near possible to find. But to me that only buys time. Carol can handle lightning, space level cold, hits from the uber strong bricks,can fly in a vacuum so suffocation is out and her being overloaded is unlikely. I can’t envision the scenario where she’d get overloaded and not go Binary. This all spells uphill battle for Ororo. And that’s if Carol doesn’t get a successful mach 3 blitz from the gate and that would KO Storm. I’d favor CM for a win 8-9/10 tbh.

H2H should still be a good fight, even though I think Storm has a better resume. Carol is welltrained though she tends to just brawl, and has used nerve strikes before in H2H, and was noted for her ability to take a hit (from the more agile/stronger Hepzibah) when she was powerless. I’d favor Ororo there for a majority in a good fight 6-7/10.