Page 435 of 662 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why wouldn't it? what energies would she have manipulated of those billions of planets if did not include the EM energies?
    Well, it was a suicide act. Storm was trying to kill herself and by effect the Brood embryo inside of her. She didn't use that energy for anything besides her own death.

BANNED

just because she has done it ONE time doesnt make it any less impressive. hes only guided a bullet with kitty in it while she was in space one time but it doesnt negate the feat.

it would mean she is better when considering each planet would have had it's own electromagnetic field that would have had to take control over; that would require a lot of raw power. not discrediting what you listed but yea he has manipulated one planet but when has he done more than 10, not even billions as Ororo did?

3. Ororo doesnt need to replicate it. Magneto is specialized in his control however Ororo has demonstrated more raw power. He put together the dreaming celestial, that sounds impressive when did he do thst? and how much energy was required to do it?
    Well, were not talking about if it was impressive or not. That's not the point.

But Again, Storm's GC feat doesn't make her better than him. Magneto's feat easily counters her GC feat. Two Big Feats they both did 1 time that required a lot of energy.

What really separates them apart is that Storm is more skilled in Raw Power whereas Magneto is more skilled(specifically) in manipulating the EM Spectrum.
    The Dreaming Celestial Feat was in Uncanny X-Men(2012) #1
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-11-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Well, it was a suicide act. Storm was trying to kill herself and by effect the Brood embryo inside of her. She didn't use that energy for anything besides her own death.
    And THAT is a noted and important distinction.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    totally agree with you here BUT the amount of she has manipulated far exceeds what magneto has done.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

But Again, Storm's GC feat doesn't make her better than him. Magneto's feat easily counters her GC feat. Two Big Feats they both did 1 time that required a lot of energy.

What really separates them apart is that Storm is more skilled in Raw Power whereas Magneto is more skilled(specifically) in manipulating the EM Spectrum.

I will check out the celestial feat and my point as I mentioned to stormrocks she still has controlled far MORE energy than magneto. all those you mentioned while impressive isnt the same amount as ororo controlled.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-11-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I would say Storm's Galatic Core feat greatly outdoes the Bullet and Sleeping Celestial but I also agree it's a Skill Vs. Raw Power feat.

The ability to manipulate the energy of millions of stars and planets is a cosmic level feat.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-11-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would say Storm's Galatic Core feat greatly outdoes the Bullet and Sleeping Celestial but I also agree it's a Skill Vs. Raw Power feat.

The ability to manipulate the energy of millions of stars and planets is a cosmic level feat.
    thank you this is exactly the point I am making.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

To the BOLD:
    And that's exactly what separates them.
    Magneto is more skilled in the use of EM Manipulation than Storm. Is he more powerful? No. But he trumps her in the use of manipulating EM.

thank you this is exactly the point I am making.
    -_- No it wasn't..........

just because she has done it ONE time doesnt make it any less impressive. hes only guided a bullet with kitty in it while she was in space one time but it doesnt negate the feat.

it would mean she is better when considering each planet would have had it's own electromagnetic field that would have had to take control over; that would require a lot of raw power. not discrediting what you listed but yea he has manipulated one planet but when has he done more than 10, not even billions as Ororo did?

3. Ororo doesnt need to replicate it. Magneto is specialized in his control however Ororo has demonstrated more raw power. He put together the dreaming celestial, that sounds impressive when did he do thst? and how much energy was required to do it?
    To the BOLD:
    And that's exactly what separates them.
    Magneto is more skilled in the use of EM Manipulation than Storm. Is he more powerful? No. But he trumps her in the use of manipulating EM.

-_- No it wasn't..........
    uhmm it's exactly what I said in my point three :/

the fact she has far more raw power is why I was arguing she could still wrestle control over the EM field.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-11-2019 at 05:40 PM.

BANNED

uhmm it's exactly what I said in my point three :/
    Are you blind or something???

Are you blind or something???
    did you read the underlined and bolded point?

skill or speciality vs raw power. that is the point I made. do you understand what I mean when i say he is specialized in EM but she has more raw power?

BANNED

did you read the underlined and bolded point?

skill or speciality vs raw power. that is the point I made. do you understand what I mean when i say he is specialized in EM but she has more raw power?
    I did. But There's no need for you to put them in Bold large letters though. Because now I think your blind.

Your initial question was who can manipulate the EM better? To which you were trying to use Storm's GC Feat as a means to claim Storm is better than him in using using EM. You didn't even come up with the argument of Raw Power vs Skill until LordAllMighty said something LOL.

This was your whole argument:
    when it comes to taking control of the electromagnetic fields let's say of the earth who would have the greater control? canonically speaking I give ro.
    what feats does he have over storm?
    but let's not forget ororo controlled all the energies of the galatic core which would include the em energy as well.
    why wouldn't it? what energies would she have manipulated of those billions of planets if did not include the EM energies?

Magneto is specialized in his control however Ororo has demonstrated more raw power.
    And HERE the statement that you put in BOLD letters assuming your blind. You answered your own question the moment you asked it in the first place.......-_-

SO, KYSS. As I said that was not your point at all. But hey you got your answer so good job..
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-11-2019 at 06:04 PM.

I did. But There's no need for you to put them in Bold large letters though. Because now I think your blind.

Your initial question was who can manipulate the EM better? To which you were trying to use Storm's GC Feat as a means to claim Storm is better than him in using using EM. You didn't even come up with the argument of Raw Power vs Skill until LordAllMighty said something LOL.

This was your whole argument:

And HERE the statement that you put in BOLD letters assuming your blind. You answered your own question the moment you asked it in the first place.......-_-

SO, KYSS. As I said that was not your point at all.
    if it wasnt my point who was the first person who brought up the point "raw power" statement? I can tell you it wasnt you. (^_^)

also, I made the point that since she has more raw power she would have better control over it. what I maybe should have said is that she can control larger quantities as that is why I brought up the galatic core feat to show she has controlled a larger amount of it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-11-2019 at 06:16 PM.

BANNED

This is the point that I feel needs to be understood. I'll give Magneto his years of experience and all the finesse he's acquired during that time. Ororo has managed to bleed over into his area of expertise. Her range and scope appears to be far greater. What I don't understand and could never endorse is the idea that the act of purging the brood embryo somehow negates the grandeur of the feat itself. Storm thought she going to kill herself, but she didn't die. What would she have died of is the real question? It reminds me of Storm from X-Men Red. She attempted suicide, didn't she? Those two instances would seem to directly contradict one another given the context of the discussion, no?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    This is the point that I feel needs to be understood. I'll give Magneto his years of experience and all the finesse he's acquired during that time. Ororo has managed to bleed over into his area of expertise. Her range and scope appears to be far greater. What I don't understand and could never endorse is the idea that the act of purging the brood embryo somehow negates the grandeur of the feat itself. Storm thought she going to kill herself, but she didn't die. What would she have died of is the real question? It reminds me of Storm from X-Men Red. She attempted suicide, didn't she? Those two instances would seem to directly contradict one another given the context of the discussion, no?
    first where the heck have you been?

second, yes to all of this!

I mean everything Phoenix listed for magneto while powerful isnt nearly as powerful as storm. I'll wait for a feat that is.