Page 553 of 662 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    which is why I'm glad they no longer have the xmen. the whitewashing and making the ethnic characters villains I'm completely over.
    me too. i will not watch anything on fox, i am so glad i don't watch cable. my one weakness is family guy but thank god disney owns them now so they are more than likely getting most of that streaming money especially since i have the commercial free version. I will not watch fox shows. They do it all the time. New york undercover cancelled right before the 2000 elections. I won't even go see a movie fox produces. The last one i gave a chance was x2 and i did not see that in theatres. Even when i watched gifted i would only stream,thats proably the last modern show i couldn't avoid on fox. Well i could but look how white washed that was too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All i got out of that was it took Storm one minute and 42 seconds to do something she should have been able to do instantly. *facepalm*
    Tbh I liked it because it reminded me of this.
    Attachment 89218

Attachment 89219
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    In the past couple of weeks since the white washed Storm showed up in Marauders I've been thinking that casting Halle Berry as Storm really have ppl feeling she need to be light skin or just lighter and it is really bothering me. Everyone these sites name as potential candidates for her in the MCU have been light. And no hate from me as I'm a light skin black woman, but I would like to see a brown skin Storm.
    Hmm. Interesting. I wouldn't consider Janelle Monae light skin. Using that picture of her as Storm as a guide, I was going to say I wouldn't consider Anok as dark skin to me either, but a medium complexion. Then I googled her. As wonderful as she looks as Storm, that photo doesn't do justice to the gorgeous richness of her skin. What a beauty!

Attachment 89233

Back to Janelle as Storm. I am on the fence about this. I liked her in Hidden Figures; she can act. I am just not sure she air of self-possession needed to the role. One of the many things that Fox didn't get about the character is that she is NOT just another pretty face. She has presence. She steps into the room and you don't just notice, you feel it. It has nothing to do with her striking looks. It's an innate quality she has. It's an "it" factor that the MCU will need need to get right to make the character have the gravitas she deserves.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like this image of the quiet council
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Coates has officially sent BP down the drain. 15,260 copies. This is just a travesty. *SMDH*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Coates has officially sent BP down the drain. 15,260 copies. This is just a travesty. *SMDH*
    yikes... it just needs a renumbering. it will be fine.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yikes... it just needs a renumberung.remembering. it will be fine.
    A new writer. It's done. Marvel would be crazy to reboot with him again just for it to fall this low again after only 17 issues. It's time. There is NO incentive for anyone to buy a new #1 if he is still on it, his story is what drove them away.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

A new writer. It's done. Marvel would be crazy to reboot with him again just for it to fall this low again after only 17 issues. It's time. There is NO incentive for anyone to buy a new #1 if he is still on it, his story is what drove them away.
    I dont think it was coates. the same thing happened under hudlin. the character simply cant sustain the numbers necessary to have a solo book

I dont think it was coates. the same thing happened under hudlin. the character simply cant sustain the numbers necessary to have a solo book
    I think he can. Bp could be such a good franchise brand. I just honestly don't understand why some people don't get that. To me it's sad to see him at these levels when it doesn't have to be. Coates and other writers isolate him more than the x-men were. I don't want to see Tchalla trying to fix what was suppose to be the greatest country in the marvel u i want to see Tchalla on adventures and coming home to a country that loves him and is ready to protect their king if necessary. Why does everyone always just want to do a commentary on wakanda? *Sigh* i didn't think i would feel this bad seeing those numbers.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think he can. Bp could be such a good franchise brand. I just honestly don't understand why some people don't get that. To me it's sad to see him at these levels when it doesn't have to be. Coates and other writers isolate him more than the x-men were. I don't want to see Tchalla trying to fix what was suppose to be the greatest country in the marvel u i want to see Tchalla on adventures and coming home to a country that loves him and is ready to protect their king if necessary. Why does everyone always just want to do a commentary on wakanda? *Sigh* i didn't think i would feel this bad seeing those numbers.
    I want to believe he can. I mean look at the success of his movie. however, when it comes to comics black solo books dont fair as well. I'm not sure even if he was written as his fans want the book would be able to sustain itself beyond 12 or so issues. This is my biggest concern with Ororo getting a solo.

Also, I dont think Coates necessarily isolates him. he has brought in ororo which is a bridge to the xlore; however, the xoffices dont look to work with him. I mean guggs didceveryrhing in his power to contradict what coates was writing. also he connected BP to captain America. so I think the blame lies not with Coates but with the xoffices and other title offices.

I want to believe he can. I mean look at the success of his movie. however, when it comes to comics black solo books dont fair as well. I'm not sure even if he was written as his fans want the book would be able to sustain itself beyond 12 or so issues. This is my biggest concern with Ororo getting a solo.

Also, I dont think Coates necessarily isolates him. he has brought in ororo which is a bridge to the xlore; however, the xoffices dont look to work with him. I mean guggs didceveryrhing in his power to contradict what coates was writing. also he connected BP to captain America. so I think the blame lies not with Coates but with the xoffices and other title offices.
    Brought her in. nevermind. i just don't think your getting what i'm saying. this has nothing to do with bringing ororo into the x-books why isn't tchalla mixing it up outside of wakanda. Why isn't his book driving actual stories in the marvel u. Why isn't coate's using the Black Panther book to show black panther the book isn't welcome to wakanda. I need a break from these forums Cause i really just don't get it, it's like people want to hold black books down but then say they want them to be successful and then say they don't think they can be when they aren't getting the same fair shake other comics characters get in their solo. Storm's solo did nothing but have Storm move around a few places and display power that's the problem. The books aren't saying or doing anything with the main characters they just write them as though they exist not that they matter and some of the readership eats that **** up for their crumbs and don't care about the long term damage being done to characters of color.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Brought her in. nevermind. i just don't think your getting what i'm saying. this has nothing to do with bringing ororo into the x-books why isn't tchalla mixing it up outside of wakanda. Why isn't his book driving actual stories in the marvel u. Why isn't coate's using the Black Panther book to show black panther the book isn't welcome to wakanda. I need a break from these forums Cause i really just don't get it, it's like people want to hold black books down but then say they want them to be successful and then say they don't think they can be when they aren't getting the same fair shake other comics characters get in their solo. Storm's solo did nothing but have Storm move around a few places and display power that's the problem. The books aren't saying or doing anything with the main characters they just write them as though they exist not that they matter and some of the readership eats that **** up for their crumbs and don't care about the long term damage being done to characters of color.
    he is mixing it up outside of wakanda. that's what agents of wakanda is following. btw how were the numbers for that issue? we also had him appear in captain America and there is also avengers. he definitely is making those rounds but have you thought maybe it's not coates but it's the market. comic books havent done well across the board and yes Hickman has definitely helped looking at the numbers for maurauders and excalibur, it's only a matter of time before the titles end up in the 30k region. but I get what you are saying. the books have to do a better effort of making the readers feel that they are interconnected and that they matter beyond simply their books. this would take a massive effort on marvels part though and im just not sure they are up to doing the work necessary to achieve such a task.

never mind I found it. agents of wakanda issue 2 only sold 27,590. issue 1 was 39,879.

as I said. it's not coates that is the problem here and this book definitely is showing how he integrates with the world beyond wakanda. so people can blame coates because they want to ignore the fact that it may just be people dont care about tchalla beyond what he does as an avenger. it's sad but all evidence points to that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Its confirmed.. Ororo hates Emma's guts (but we knew this already).

AIPT: While on the topic of the X-Men’s complex relationships with one another, Krakoa offers a fresh start for former enemies, and yet Storm seems hesitant to work with Emma Frost in Marauders #1. Do you feel as though there are mutants on Krakoa who still haven’t gotten over what Cyclops was up to between Schism and Death of X? Quite a few X-Men were pretty annoyed with Scott at the time.

Jordan: People having to work with people who have tried to murder them for the good of a cause larger than themselves is one of the great parts about this setup. But while everyone has been granted legal immunity and a general get-along-ness, Xavier isn’t mind-wiping anger for past actions away. Storm hates Emma’s guts, and that’s her choice. If someone is still mad at Cyclops, so be it, that’s their business. But there are rules on Krakoa and there are systems in place for how things are done… and a lot of stories in the future to reveal them all.

never mind I found it. agents of wakanda issue 2 only sold 27,590. issue 1 was 39,879.

as I said. it's not coates that is the problem here and this book definitely is showing how he integrates with the world beyond wakanda. so people can blame coates because they want to ignore the fact that it may just be people dont care about tchalla beyond what he does as an avenger. it's sad but all evidence points to that.
    Coates rightly deserves the blame he gets. Bad sales are one thing. Bad sales with a crappy story is another thing entirely.

And Priest made it to 60+ issues without renumbering and a lot of hoopla surrounding his arrival on the book.