Page 481 of 662 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Again, debatable. Old school Newtonian physics breaks down at the subatomic level to the weirdness of the quantum and even smaller scales. Even at the larger than quanta scale conventions physics is still not completely resolved. The specific observations of electrified plasma can yield surprising results. And even if Ororo can't accomplish transmutation purely through electromagnetism(a paper like this suggests it is possible), I would posit her abilities would then also include the strong and weak nuclear forces, and gravitational forces for that matter, as they are elements of the stars and thus under her purview as mistress of natural forces.
    Storm powers being fiction are debatable for sure, nuclear fusion powering stars is not.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    again yoga this is why you dont need to stay away for too long.

oh I forgot to mention I loved her controlling the wave today. I'm recalling looking how they are showing more of her hydrokinetic abilities.
    Loving all her waterbending of late. From Red's island smasher, to the water-tele-hologram trick in Hickman's HOX, and now a consistent wind and wave trick here on the boat, its finally come back around after a long absence(she made a flood in the tunnels of a military base in her second mission, but they mostly backed off of water feats over the years). I would love to see some intricate waterbending feats for Storm onscreen in the MCU.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Storm powers being fiction are debatable for sure, nuclear fusion powering stars is not.
    Physics is nowhere near as resolved as you are implying. Direct observation proves otherwise. Did you look at that paper?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

At the end of the day, Ororo wasn't quite as present as I would like. Yes, she had some moments and I appreciated them, but in the context of this story, she's essentially Kitty's accessory/back-up/guide/mammy(still calling her Kitten...), and I just prefer my Ororo front and center, as the goddess-queen she is.
    I agree with you there beloved! I'm really hoping now that marvel as a company has accepted her new status quo we get a little corner of the mu carved out solely for her. I'm ready for a transformation in the characters depiction and it seems like things are definitely moving in the right direction.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I'm so glad Bendis left Marvel fo Dc, finally I don't have to accidentally read his drivel anymore
    Almost every Marvel fan was happy that he was going to DC

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Loving all her waterbending of late. From Red's island smasher, to the water-tele-hologram trick in Hickman's HOX, and now a consistent wind and wave trick here on the boat, its finally come back around after a long absence(she made a flood in the tunnels of a military base in her second mission, but they mostly backed off of water feats over the years). I would love to see some intricate waterbending feats for Storm onscreen in the MCU.
    yes please give me some water bending. that would be amazing to see on the big screen especially what happened in red and hox.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Up here looking at Storm's transmute conversation. Thinking...that's a good point...wait...that's a good point too...lol

Storm's ability to manipute matter is pretty wide.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I totally agree.
    It will never stop. I have a brother who wants to punch me every time i interrupt his conversation when talking to me because he ends every damn sentence with "my n-word" referring to me. It has reached a point that he doesn't know how to act around me anymore

I have been daydreaming a lot about MCU Ororo. I hope she gets her own movie.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-23-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Again, debatable. Old school Newtonian physics breaks down at the subatomic level to the weirdness of the quantum and even smaller scales. Even at the larger than quanta scale conventional physics is still not completely resolved. The specific observations of electrified plasma can yield surprising results. And even if Ororo can't accomplish transmutation purely through electromagnetism(a paper like this suggests it is possible), I would posit her abilities would then also include the strong and weak nuclear forces, and gravitational forces for that matter, as they are elements of the stars and thus under her purview as mistress of natural forces.
    I rarely respond to your posts because i always find them so fascinating and it sends me on a search for knowledge so i just wanted to say thanks. I like really love your posts and the information they force me to seek out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

PHEW ****!!

We are having some GOOD CONVERSATION up in this Bish!! Good Job Guys. Most time i'd like to strangle ya'll *Cough* Kyss *cough*, but nice Job.

LOL I like to mess with Kyss he's so easy to mess with LOL Sorry. Got to Go driving home now. Ya'll have a Good Night.

so much Bendis hate but I gotta defend him. I liked House of M and prior the current era, I think the last time the X-books were interesting as a whole was when he was spearheading the line. The X-books went downhill when he left

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It will never stop. I have a brother who wants to punch me every time i interrupt his conversation when talking to me because he ends every damn sentence with "my n-word" referring to me. It has reached a point that he doesn't know how to act around me anymore
    I can see both sides in it when it comes to black people using that word so it leaves me so torn. All of my childhood friends still use it and i use it with them sometimes but have never used it with any black friends i've made as an adult. It's one of those things where i truly don't know if using the word myself is causing more harm or if it really is empowering to take command of it. I need to really think about this deeper.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so much Bendis hate but I gotta defend him. I liked House of M and prior the current era, I think the last time the X-books were interesting as a whole was when he was spearheading the line. The X-books went downhill when he left
    To me it was all Talking heads and plots that went nowhere and I'd argue the the xmen were on their downward spiral long before him.....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm sounding like a damn diversity cliche at this point but my main problem with bendis was his x-run had like NO diversity. Almost none. But i see he checked himself at DC with Namoi. But in general i did like his run.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I disagree. I think everything hit the fan after House of M.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.