Page 334 of 662 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In Marvel there is the Earth Mother, Gaea. Earth is her planet and she would not allow Storm or Thor to stop hurricanes. After destruction comes creation, and as things die things are born. Both Storm and Thor know it is not there place to stop bad weather, and neither serves mere mortals.
    Gaea does not interfere either way. Thor is her son anyway and both have stopped weather events before

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In Marvel there is the Earth Mother, Gaea. Earth is her planet and she would not allow Storm or Thor to stop hurricanes. After destruction comes creation, and as things die things are born. Both Storm and Thor know it is not there place to stop bad weather, and neither serves mere mortals.
    I agree they wouldn't stop natural weather events. But if a hurricane happened because of a supervillains' plan, I think they'd stop those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I'm awaiting the day Storm uses her powers on a cosmic level since she's now Omega
    Are you saying that she currently can't?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    That's complicated. I think her fans that have a general understanding of her powers would give her a pass. Everyone else would call her every name in the book. Storm would be able to stop devastating hurricanes without a doubt. But that would just be putting a band aid on the wound. Ororo would have to go to the root cause of issue. She'd be forced to topple huge industrial complexes both private and governmental. Everything she would have to do in order to bring the global ecosystem into balance would essentially mean What If? Stormphoenix would have to play out. She would have to conquer the globe in order to save lives.

Seeing as that's totally outside her nature, I think Storm would go the band aid route. I think she would also be more active in bringing more attention to emergency evacuation procedures and whatnot. She'd definitely stick around to help with the clean up. This scenario is really good because it's basically the opening to her solo played out in many different ways. I'd look forward to Beast in her ear, keeping her up to date on exactly what government she's currently pissing off. I really enjoyed that dynamic between them. He really just got caught in the middle a few times and Ro frazzled him. Lol

Most importantly, I want to see how big industry responds to the very real threat that she is. She's going to receive backlash as a black woman as it is. Nothing she does will ever be good enough to some. But I'm interested in the moment she has to let everyone know just what she can do. Only then will there be a mass awakening that the world simply cannot operate the same way it's been. In my mind, the moment give us a similar feeling to when Tony Stark revealed himself to be Ironman. Only with Storm there's an added fear that cannot be denied. There's a black woman of otherworldly origins that has too much power to not take notice. I'm getting so giddy just thinking about it.
    You made me interested in reading Ororo starting to feel the effect of the climate change and getting a more "green" approach. ^^

Spectacular Member

Next week X-Monday (9/9/19) is dedicated to Storm!! Lets get those questions in :-D

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Next week X-Monday (9/9/19) is dedicated to Storm!! Lets get those questions in :-D
    thanks to everyone who answered my questions about storm in the other dimension. I will definitely give it a read. now where do we go to ask these questions?

edit:

nvm tomorrow aipt will officially tweet when you send questions regarding storm.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Should we ALL state our questions and we can decide what is good and then we have select people ask these questions????

BANNED

Let's not do that. Jay cheated on Bey numerous times
    You know, I thought this line of thinking would come up a lot sooner. You presented the perfect opportunity to further discuss how black people can be he the biggest detriment to black women living their lives judgement free. We’ve already noted that the idea that black women should hold themselves in suspended animation in the hopes that a unicorn of a black man makes himself available to her is ridiculous and attached to the greater mistreatment of our black women. Black women above everything else should start focusing on their desires and ultimately what makes them happy. This is where your post comes into question and it’s a great Segway to the flip side of that conversation.

Beyoncé and Rihanna represent exquisite examples of the the very opposite of the Serena Williams comparison I personally made. Sure, there were definitely black men (women as well) too weak to understand that Serena is more than woman enough to decide on the proper course for her life with her white husband. And as she should be. At the same time, you have black men and women that believe Beyoncé is less of a woman and a hypocrite for making the decision to love her husband through his infidelity and forgive despite mass opinion to ditch him because “black men ain’t shit”. The same exact thing happened with Rihanna when she decided that it was her choice to make nice with Chris Brown and do the Birthday Cake remix. You had a great number of people that considered themselves her fans now throwing messages of hate, bitterness and contempt all because she didn’t write off that one black man and we know that Chris Brown is representative of all black men. She went back to her abuser so all of a sudden she was deserving of the abuse. She was also used as an example to convey the overwhelming message that she is the shining example that black women are to blame for the abuse against them. More importantly, if she had just gotten with a white man all her problems would fall by the wayside because “level up goals”, pretty biracial babies and the closer one appears to white societal standards of beauty the safer one is.

When self assured black women take it as their right, duty or desire to love black men against the mainstream agenda to demonize them and dismiss those same black women for their decisions, what is the proper way for said black women to handle those types of black people? When black women decide that loving other black people is more important than feminism or the lgbt movement or any of the other social experiments designed specifically to distract from black solidarity, what’s the best way for Beyoncé or Rihanna to deal with these special types of black people that practice anti-black women agendas? Just thought I’d ask...

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Storm is a White Phoenix of the crown...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm is a White Phoenix of the crown...lol
    And, here I thought Storm was just powerful as the Phoenix in her own right.

Didn't Jay-Z recently say single parent households are the reason for police shootings, or something along those lines.

If so, I wouldn't compare T'Challa to Jay, just saying.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm awaiting the day Storm uses her powers on a cosmic level since she's now Omega
    she has already used cosmic powers. let's not forget the galatic core feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I agree they wouldn't stop natural weather events. But if a hurricane happened because of a supervillains' plan, I think they'd stop those.
    agreed. the weather is a part of balance that is necessary for this planet to thrive. I don't imagine ororo would get in the way of that even if there are people who could potentially be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Should we ALL state our questions and we can decide what is good and then we have select people ask these questions????
    nah I think everyone should have the chance to ask the questions unless there are repetitive ones. my biggest questions are this:

1. why has ororo aligned herself to krakoa as what it stands for would seem to contradict what Ororo would believe in.
    2. are the elements of what is happening in black panther (such as her being a protector of wakanda and goddess) going to be explored? I would imagine tchalla would have major issues or concerns with the what krakoa is building.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You know, I thought this line of thinking would come up a lot sooner. You presented the perfect opportunity to further discuss how black people can be he the biggest detriment to black women living their lives judgement free. We’ve already noted that the idea that black women should hold themselves in suspended animation in the hopes that a unicorn of a black man makes himself available to her is ridiculous and attached to the greater mistreatment of our black women. Black women above everything else should start focusing on their desires and ultimately what makes them happy. This is where your post comes into question and it’s a great Segway to the flip side of that conversation.

Beyoncé and Rihanna represent exquisite examples of the the very opposite of the Serena Williams comparison I personally made. Sure, there were definitely black men (women as well) too weak to understand that Serena is more than woman enough to decide on the proper course for her life with her white husband. And as she should be. At the same time, you have black men and women that believe Beyoncé is less of a woman and a hypocrite for making the decision to love her husband through his infidelity and forgive despite mass opinion to ditch him because “black men ain’t ****”. The same exact thing happened with Rihanna when she decided that it was her choice to make nice with Chris Brown and do the Birthday Cake remix. You had a great number of people that considered themselves her fans now throwing messages of hate, bitterness and contempt all because she didn’t write off that one black man and we know that Chris Brown is representative of all black men. She went back to her abuser so all of a sudden she was deserving of the abuse. She was also used as an example to convey the overwhelming message that she is the shining example that black women are to blame for the abuse against them. More importantly, if she had just gotten with a white man all her problems would fall by the wayside because “level up goals”, pretty biracial babies and the closer one appears to white societal standards of beauty the safer one is.

When self assured black women take it as their right, duty or desire to love black men against the mainstream agenda to demonize them and dismiss those same black women for their decisions, what is the proper way for said black women to handle those types of black people? When black women decide that loving other black people is more important than feminism or the lgbt movement or any of the other social experiments designed specifically to distract from black solidarity, what’s the best way for Beyoncé or Rihanna to deal with these special types of black people that practice anti-black women agendas? Just thought I’d ask...
    this is a very interesting topic. but I'm somewhat confused. how are tchalla and ororo being compared to Jay z and beyonce? they have had their issues certainly but tchalla never cheated on ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    And, here I thought Storm was just powerful as the Phoenix in her own right.
    she is. remember Jean was given the Phoenix originally to put her on par with Ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she has already used cosmic powers. let's not forget the galatic core feat.
    No, I mean a real use of her powers. Just imagine how shook bitches would be if she conjured up a cosmic Storm and slayed.Attachment 86515
    Last edited by metalclouds; 09-02-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

OMG!! I've always loved her phoenix look. But never did I think White Crown Phoenix. Look at Goddess.