Page 2 of 662 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    And NC tele-punching Blob, who is too durable for him to even hurt...?!! Is it too much to ask from Marvel for something new we can appreciate from Storm?
    NOPE. Storm can only shoot lightning nothing else.

Nice Catch on the Kurt hurting Blob totally did not see that. LOL That's even more embarrassing. This book is all over the place with Consistency.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I know I asked for something New, but I didn't think you would post that Foolishness of Storm in here.
    lololololol well my bad I will try to be more judicious in the posts I make when u ask this question in the future. oan, marvel may introduce mutants in 2019 which means we may seee ororo on sooner than we think.

Ok, it's settled.

Storm's NEW Power is that she can only Shoot Lighting and nothing else.
    I should update the power section to say that only lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololololol well my bad I will try to be more judicious in the posts I make when u ask this question in the future. oan, marvel may introduce mutants in 2019 which means we may seee ororo on sooner than we think.

I should update the power section to say that only lol
    I heard. But i'm not getting my hopes up.

LOL yeah, that's her powers now. I don't know HOW the heck she can fly that's not her power. She can only shoot lightning. :-)

And NC tele-punching Blob, who is too durable for him to even hurt...?!! Is it too much to ask from Marvel for something new we can appreciate from Storm?
    unfortunately in this era of storytelling it would appear it is too much to ask. I just donr understand why her go to with his ALWAYS lightning when he has broken it down that lightning wont hurt him :/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I heard. But i'm not getting my hopes up.

LOL yeah, that's her powers now. I don't know HOW the heck she can fly that's not her power. She can only shoot lightning. :-)
    yea I'm not either. I am hopeful that she makes a cameo in black panther though. that would be sick lol

and lightning lass has been here for such a LONG time I can say im shocked in any way. its just so incredibly lazy to me.

BANNED

yea I'm not either. I am hopeful that she makes a cameo in black panther though. that would be sick lol

and lightning lass has been here for such a LONG time I can say im shocked in any way. its just so incredibly lazy to me.
    I feel like Lightning Lass has only increased lately.

unfortunately in this era of storytelling it would appear it is too much to ask. I just donr understand why her go to with his ALWAYS lightning when he has broken it down that lightning wont hurt him :/
    Agreed. And then writers and Marvel want to dismissively chalk it up to “argh hate” vs valid criticism of poor writing. Like the action taking place in the comic has no value as long as they think the story/plot is good. Since when were these elements mutually exclusive lol?

I mean is it that hard to find a writer/editors who actually reads the crap they submit for final printing? Storm has a whole atmosphere to work with. Hell if we’re going to stick with lightning/EM for everything then have her reverse the polarity on him roast him enough to be incapacitated. Or hurl a massive hailsone into his head at 200 mph. Or pop his eardrumbs via pressure manipulation. Or manipulate his internal pressure to to effect his bloodflow to the brain for a KO. Marvel standards are just so terribly low.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-01-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Happy New Years.
    As to the Scan the Dialog seem okay.

I can understand about the the complete lack of showmanship for Storm of just only lighting display.
    I mean its ok for Thor to just have random lighting but For Storm it just lazy

BANNED

Agreed. And then writers and Marvel want to dismissively chalk it up to “argh hate” vs valid criticism of poor writing. Like the action taking place in the comic has no value as long as they think the story/plot is good. Since when were these elements mutually exclusive lol?

I mean is it that hard to find a writer/editors who actually reads the crap they submit for final printing? Storm has a whole atmosphere to work with. Hell if we’re going to stick with lightning/EM for everything then have her reverse the polarity on him roast him enough to be incapacitated. Or hurl a massive hailsone into his head at 200 mph. Or pop his eardrumbs via pressure manipulation. Or manipulate his internal pressure to to effect his bloodflow to the brain for a KO. Marvel standards are just so terribly low.
    I don't understand if Storm has control of EM like Magneto how come she can just reverse his EM Shield to make it bust???

More variety in Storm's powers is a must. Besides lightning I want tornadoes and whirlwinds, heat and cold attacks, monsoon downpours and hailstorms, etc. Writers have been very lazy with her powers. And having her blast Magneto with lightning for the umpteenth time is just redundant. Storm, sweetie: It. Doesn't. Work.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I feel like Lightning Lass has only increased lately.
    If their gonna make her Lightning Lass, at least allow her to be creative with the power like Electro.

Make a electro-magnetic force field, short-circuit someone nervous system, attract or repel objects with em fields and other tricks.

Give me something other then lightning bolt. Lightning bolt...and lightning bolt.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I don't understand if Storm has control of EM like Magneto how come she can just reverse his EM Shield to make it bust???
    I don’t think they control EM the same way but I think an attempt, even if unsuccessful, is worth it just a try to keep the action fresh. There combat scenes in X-Men, Extermination, Red (though the mega tidal wave was cool/creative), etc. just feels really stale. Like tey have to have action scenes because they have to, buut they don’t care about them because their story is “so good” readers won’t care :-/.....I want the whole enchilada.

Have NC tele-drop Blob from 10 miles up or tele-steal parts of OR’s armor or tentacles. Hit Magneto with a heatstroke.

I dunno. I just don’t see this team of seasoned X-men fighting like what they do actually matters since they do the same things over and over.

I don't think the current writers know or care that she has all these other power options. It's almost like they're purposely trying to shift her to background :-(

OAN: she's absolutely sexy in her new uniform

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I don't think the current writers know or care that she has all these other power options. It's almost like they're purposely trying to shift her to background :-(

OAN: she's absolutely sexy in her new uniform
    Agreed .

And AGREED ! This new costume is working it’s way into my top 3. Easily a look that should become iconic for her. So far it’s:

1. X-Treme X-Men
    2. Uncanny X-Force
    3. Red/Classic
    4. 80’s Punk but without the mohawk. Like adter they moved to the Outback, beat the Reavers’ a$$e$ and stole their base.

I'm finally finishing up X-Treme and man, I forgot what it's like to read these characters as the veterans they are. Bishop and Storm especially man, it feels like I'm reading totally different characters.