Page 58 of 662 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I just re-read Black Panther and the Crew a few weeks ago and was left hanging. It was obvious there was supposed to be more but it got cut off. Would be nice to see that resurrected.
    did you like the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    Bantu knot Storm sounds awesome

gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    voted thanks for sharing
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I voted sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    What do Storm fans think of the material in the “Classic X-Men” back up stories?
    I liked most of them (a couple were ridiculous). Ones I liked:

- Storm + Mrin
    - Storm vs Zombie producing factory
    - Storm + Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I voted sir.

I liked most of them (a couple were ridiculous). Ones I liked:

- Storm + Mrin
    - Storm vs Zombie producing factory
    - Storm + Doom
    how u doin??? where u been hiding?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I never read HoM not her manga-verse counterpart. Any images of that one?
    I liked Storm in HoM because she was a world leader:

Storm's Mangaverse counter-part had an interesting look:

In this world her powers (and I think the rest of the X-men as well) were all magic based instead of mutation based. Her look later changed to:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

how u doin??? where u been hiding?
    Work is sucking out my soul lol. Been doing well. Waiting for the next Storm fix. I had a little taste in Shuri (haven’t fully read it yet) but I think she’s in her way out of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Work is sucking out my soul lol. Been doing well. Waiting for the next Storm fix. I had a little taste in Shuri (haven’t fully read it yet) but I think she’s in her way out of the book.
    lolol oh no dont let work do that. and I think she is on the way out too but I do appreciate her including her in her book.

I liked Storm in HoM because she was a world leader:

Storm's Mangaverse counter-part had an interesting look:

In this world her powers (and I think the rest of the X-men as well) were all magic based instead of mutation based. Her look later changed to:

oh wow thanks for the scans I've never seen these before. in terms of power was 616 storm the strongest?

oh wow thanks for the scans I've never seen these before. in terms of power was 616 storm the strongest?
    Her HoM counterpart was arguably the same power-wise. I liked her backstory though: she was ruler of Kenya and along with BP/Wakanda had turned all of Africa into a thriving powerhouse with an economy that was going to eventually overtake Magneto-led Genosha (which was the capital of that world).

I didn't read all of her Manga-verse appearances but from what I did read I don't recall her doing anything that 616 Storm couldn't do. She was taught in the same Coven as Amanda Sefton who was her antagonist in the story I read. In the same story Storm one-shotted Mystique with a lightning bolt and reduced her to pile of smoldering ash:

Her HoM counterpart was arguably the same power-wise. I liked her backstory though: she was ruler of Kenya and along with BP/Wakanda had turned all of Africa into a thriving powerhouse with an economy that was going to eventually overtake Magneto-led Genosha (which was the capital of that world).

I didn't read all of her Manga-verse appearances but from what I did read I don't recall her doing anything that 616 Storm couldn't do. She was taught in the same Coven as Amanda Sefton who was her antagonist in the story I read. In the same story Storm one-shotted Mystique with a lightning bolt and reduced her to pile of smoldering ash:

Perhaps my favorite display of Storm's lightning.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I have my theories but i primarily believe that it has to do with he being a black female character. After Claremont left there seem to be a purposeful effort to push her far to the background and limit her to only being an Xman. I can never forget what Forge told her before he broke off his engagement to her:

This is what she has always been, just an Xman. In fact many of the other character when discussed are referenced by their actual name while Ororo is generally referenced as Storm. A bigger example of this is when Professor Xavier tells Logan in DoFP to find Jean, Scott, and Storm. In a medium filled with white characters written by white males it should not be a surprised that being an Xman is all she will ever be. That is until we got black writers who saw to elevate her beyond just making her an Xman. Hudlin made her queen, Harvey made her connection to Harlem go deeper than just her father being from there, Coates made Ororo a goddess worshipped by the most advanced nation in the Marvel Universe. It was these black writers that wanted to make her more than just an Xman and going beyond the status quo. I personally dont see her influence changing unless the xoffices become more diverse or she is allowed to be written on other books such as Shuri and Black Panther. I hate to think what would be of Ororo if Coates had not taken an interest in the character.
    So much truth here. Storm has gone from a strong female leader (the best in Marvel) to just another minor player in the X-verse. Such a shame for a book that use to be the standard for progression in comics.

Also, while the overall artwork is bad the panels of her face really show a lot of emotion.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Some other Storm news kiddies. We've seen this artwork before but with the impending fox-disney deal closure there is more talks of Storm and how she will make her splash into the MCU. This article talks about one storm fan's concept art for Ororo which is inspired by Wakanda:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...black-panther/

In other news, i dont care for alternate versions but for those of you who do there appears to be an alternate storm that will be on a new x-force team led by Stryfe:

https://www.cbr.com/x-force-stryfe-s...t-rachel-grey/

Sorry it took so long.
    Glad to see MCU Storm Photo making the rounds again. It turly a very beautiful rendering of Her.

As for Alt U Storm I love them
    Alot fans tend to freak when writer try to something new with her to the point of backlash. I just think it's easier for them to fleash her out or do something OOC without being crusified.
    So I am very interested in seeing what this AltU Storm is about.

Damn did she just murk her!?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Man, it's been far too long since she just let loose on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    She sure did. Storm was not having any BS that day!