Page 564 of 662 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, MK definitely counts. It would be nice to see Ororo with more sistas. She gets some of that with Okoye and Shuri in BP. It's clear she is good friends with each of those women, which I love. BP and the Crew had some great character interactions, not just with Ororo and Misty and Ororo and T'Challa but also with Misty and Luke Cage.
    totally agreed!!! did you think there conversation about mayo was racist? curious to know your thoughts here.

and just for the record I didnt.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    totally agreed!!! did you think there conversation about mayo was racist? curious to know your thoughts here.

and just for the record I didnt.
    I didn't think it was racist. I know people throw around the term "reverse racism," but that's a falsehood. African Americans, like anyone else, can be prejudiced and practice discrimination. But racism is a system of oppression reflected in a more powerful group being in control of institutions that impact the life of marginalized groups in society. Collectively, African Americans do not have the power to codify, for example, any prejudices they may hold against another group. AAs don't control any major systems that would allow them to oppress a group of people or even to create systems of privilege based on skin color.

So, no, Misty and Ororo weren't being racist. I think they were legitimately talking about gentrification, which pushes many poor and working class African Americans out of certain neighborhoods that,once rebuilt, they cannot afford to move back into. Harlem definitely fits into this category. I thought Coates was addressing serious and relevant commentary about "black" communities. I really wish this comic hadn't been cancelled. He explored some oft ignored topics-meaning social issues that affect African Americans and the poor. That might be why the book didn't do as well as it could've. It wouldn't appeal to certain readers. Funny, though, considering that the X-Men is all about them being oppressed. But readers flock to that in a way they won't to oppression brought to light in a real life racial dialogue played out in comics.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.

I didn't think it was racist. I know people throw around the term "reverse racism," but that's a falsehood. African Americans, like anyone else, can be prejudiced and practice discrimination. But racism is a system of oppression reflected in a more powerful group being in control of institutions that impact the life of marginalized groups in society. Collectively, African Americans do not have the power to codify, for example, any prejudices they may hold against another group. AAs don't control any major systems that would allow them to oppress a group of people or even to create systems of privilege based on skin color.

So, no, Misty and Ororo weren't being racist. I think they were legitimately talking about gentrification, which pushes many poor and working class African Americans out of certain neighborhoods that,once rebuilt, they cannot afford to move back into. Harlem definitely fits into this category. I thought Coates was addressing serious and relevant commentary about "black" communities. I really wish this comic hadn't been cancelled. He explored some oft ignored topics-meaning social issues that affect African Americans and the poor. That might be why the book didn't do as well as it could've. It wouldn't appeal to certain readers. Funny, though, considering that the X-Men is all about them being oppressed. But readers flock to that in a way they won't to oppression brought to light in a real life racial dialogue played out in comics.
    Yes agreed! Your point about gentrification in BP&C was why I was so upset the title ended. It brought the real life aspects black are marginalized and discriminated even within their own communities. And it is ironic. it goes to that saying everybody wanna be black but nobody wants to be black. and this is especially true when it highlights the myth that we live in a post racial society.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It’s My Birthday Today!!!!! And today’s Topic is:

STORMCASTER whether you like it or NOT!!!

So, I’ll start off. I think it be a good idea for her to use it ONLY when it’s time Brawl due to the fact it increases her durability. I think it’s perfect for her to got toe to toe with Heavy Hitters. But it still keeps her Hadari Yao intact.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

So, I’ll start off. I think it be a good idea for her to use it ONLY when it’s time Brawl due to the fact it increases her durability. I think it’s perfect for her to got toe to toe with Heavy Hitters. But it still keeps her Hadari Yao intact.
    Attachment 89361

I hope you have a great birthday.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-14-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's unnecessary. And I absolutely LOATHE it.
    Storm does not need to be/or need help from an Asgardian Goddess of Thunder when she's a Goddess of the Storm in her own Divine African right.
    It was a very delightful story back in the day but...Stormcaster should have never been a thing after Storm rejected both the power and Loki.

*just to be clear...when I refer to Storm as a Goddess, I'm not referring to her Hadari Yao status...which I feel is just as pointless, redundant and unnecessary as Stormcaster*
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-14-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

happy birthday!!! I hope you are having an amazing day!

and stormcaster no thanks. I still believe that once storm enters hadari yao mode her durability and strength increases herself so she wouldnt need to have the hammer. I believe the next time Coates has her go in this mode we will see this.

She no longer has Stormcaster. I honestly found it annoying how she would be given the power of an Asgardian hammer only to have it taken away. I also don't think she needs to be imbued with so-called powers from Asgard. Every time she is, she transforms into some supposed version of Thor or an Asgardian, as if her being herself isn't enough. I don't mind the Hadari Yao part because Coates has made it clear that it comes from her and is part of her lineage. So, she isn't changing into anything from an external source but fully accepting her genetic gifts from her ancestors.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-14-2019 at 04:34 PM.

BANNED

Attachment 89361

I hope you have a great birthday.
    Why Thank You!!!! Your so sweet. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's unnecessary. And I absolutely LOATHE it.
    Storm does not need to be/or need help from an Asgardian Goddess of Thunder when she's a Goddess of the Storm in her own Divine African right.
    It was a very delightful story back in the day but...Stormcaster should have never been a thing after Storm rejected both the power and Loki.

*just to be clear...when I refer to Storm as a Goddess, I'm not referring to her Hadari Yao status...which I feel is just as pointless, redundant and unnecessary as Stormcaster*
    Now, wait just a minute Homie!!! Storm doesn’t have to have help from Asgard. Is the Hammer Unnecessary? As of now? Yes. Is it still a good concept? Yes. Storm can still be a Goddess without Hammertime sure, but I think even with Hammertime it doesn’t take away her right of being a God.

Look at this way. It’s a Godly weapon when can bash people’s face in. Savvy? :-)

BANNED

She no longer has Stormcaster. I honestly found it annoying how she would be given the power of an Asgardian hammer only to have it taken away. I also don't think she needs to be imbued with so-called powers from Asgard. Every time she is, she transforms into some supposed version of Thor or an Asgardian, as if her being herself isn't enough. I don't mind the Hadari Yao part because Coates has made it clear that it comes from her and his part of her lineage. So, she isn't changing into anything from an external source but fully accepting her genetic gifts from her ancestors.
    happy birthday!!! I hope you are having an amazing day!

and stormcaster no thanks. I still believe that once storm enters hadari yao mode her durability and strength increases herself so she wouldnt need to have the hammer. I believe the next time Coates has her go in this mode we will see this.
    I hear what y’all saying. But why can’t she have a weapon to bash people’s heads?

I hear what y’all saying. But why can’t she have a weapon to bash people’s heads?
    why would she need a weapon when she could easily do it with her own power? and I think we have seen all we can with stormcaster. we need to see her abilities explored with hadari yao as there are already so many questions regarding this ability.

I have to give credit to Stormphoenix for this find. In the latest issue of Agents of Wakanda Tchalla uses Ororo's name for his password to establish communication with his ship. This is soooooooo freaking cute:

I love me some love like this.

BANNED

I have to give credit to Stormphoenix for this find. In the latest issue of Agents of Wakanda Tchalla uses Ororo's name for his password to establish communication with his ship. This is soooooooo freaking cute:

I love me some love like this.
    Now, I don’t like BP, but honestly and IMO.

I think T’Challa is more interesting when he not focused on Wakanda specifically.

Now, I don’t like BP, but honestly and IMO.

I think T’Challa is more interesting when he not focused on Wakanda specifically.
    why do you think he is more interesting when he is not focused on his own country?

I found that so adorable he would use her as a passcode. that is just so freaking cute!

nakia who??? lolol

why do you think he is more interesting when he is not focused on his own country?

I found that so adorable he would use her as a passcode. that is just so freaking cute!

nakia who??? lolol
    Cute, but kinda dumb. That would be like the easiest password that anyone trying to hack into his stuff could think of