Page 135 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I just keep thinking how they had access to so many characters and they just focused on the same three for 20 years. There’s one scene in Endgame that makes me realize how many characters got wasted in the Fox verse.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I was just thinking about Jeans flying at the end of X3 today and how horrendous that was. Hopefully the MCU will give the X-Men better flying skills.
    The MCU is far from perfect, but I can't wait until they start putting our mutants onscreen. Feige just gets the whole thing more than anyone else in the game, and I think that is because he is a true fan, not just a random filmmaker trying to cash in on whatever the studio is giving them to work with. His deep seated passion for Marvel characters and his understanding of comic storytelling just translates so well to screen, even with characters I didn't like previously(such as Cap, Iron Man, GoTG, etc). I look forward to seeing their version of Storm onscreen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The MCU is far from perfect, but I can't wait until they start putting our mutants onscreen. Feige just gets the whole thing more than anyone else in the game, and I think that is because he is a true fan, not just a random filmmaker trying to cash in on whatever the studio is giving them to work with. His deep seated passion for Marvel characters and his understanding of comic storytelling just translates so well to screen, even with characters I didn't like previously(such as Cap, Iron Man, GoTG, etc). I look forward to seeing their version of Storm onscreen!
    I am on the same page as you. Though I was always a Captain America fan, I was neutral on Iron Man and couldn't care less about GoTG until the movies. I have high hopes their X-Men movies and Storm in particular will be epic!

Idk if we had this discussion but what do you guys think of Nnedi’s Storm? Does she get the character?

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Idk if we had this discussion but what do you guys think of Nnedi’s Storm? Does she get the character?
    So far I think she does. I think she has genuine passion for writing her, I love the way she writes Ororo’s relationships with main cast (be it Shuri, Okoye, BP or Queen Mother). She’s also been creative in her use of Storm’s powers (a very nice change), decent to pretty good characterization, gives the cast something to do of significance vs being wallpaper like we get in the x-books most of time for characters who aren’t telepaths or Cyclops, and she’s not afraid to do her homework to make her stories gel.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I think she has done well overall with Storm. I wouldn't want her writing a Storm solo series tho.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

From my perspective she has a solid handle on Storm. So, far she has an interesting view on how Storm's powers work and display. Also, she gives Storm an interesting voice and character that I wouldn't mind seeing more often. As for her being a contender to be a writer for a Storm Solo???

That i'm not sure of.............

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    From my perspective she has a solid handle on Storm. So, far she has an interesting view on how Storm's powers work and display. Also, she gives Storm an interesting voice and character that I wouldn't mind seeing more often. As for her being a contender to be a writer for a Storm Solo???

That i'm not sure of.............
    Pretty much agree. I think she needs more experience with writing comics in general before considering her for a Storm solo. She definitely respects Storm and has treated/portrayed her very well so far which is a plus and a step in the right direction.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I like the fact she made Storm or rather Ororo very MCU ready, and part of the assamble cast.
    As per look and interaction wise, and acknowledge.

Looking at war of realms .
    Is it just me or did they miss another opportunity with Storm.
    They gave us Hammer Storm Asgardian Storm in the pages of X-Men not to long ago. Which many of us felt was a major waste. But now you have an actual story where she and the hammer would fit in and we get nothing . Poor Asgardian Storm or StormBorn

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

They already tried Bishop/Storm, back when he first appeared, and even a tease of it at the beginning of X-Treme. I'm glad they went with Jean, even if it was barely explored, it was very surprising for the readers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Agreed. At one point in XXM vol.1 I thought they were going in this direction, which I would have been interested in then (though I preferred his personality contrast with Sage more). But now....I just don’t see that working & I think they still need an in-depth convo re: their last interactions in Humphries UXF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ugh!! Thank God.

Judging from the spider man trailer, they’ll probably introduce the X-men through the multiverse

Judging from the spider man trailer, they’ll probably introduce the X-men through the multiverse
    I was thinking the same thing. I even heard a rumor that Marvel might try an Avengers vs. X-men type film. I read another stating that the X-men film could take place on a completely different Earth.