Page 197 of 662 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Lol they really were going in and not a single poster could really clap-back.
    lololol nope not a one honey
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The prophecy of the Hadari Yao Ororo was told about so long ago as a child have finally come true:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The prophecy of the Hadari Yao Ororo was told about so long ago as a child have finally come true:

i never thought about it before but it had to be referencing after she became an x-men as Charles gave her that costume. Great find. Her arm also look like she is balancing a scale.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i never thought about it before but it had to be referencing after she became an x-men as Charles gave her that costume. Great find. Her arm also look like she is balancing a scale.
    I was just catching up on some reading after having a discussion with one of my beloved friends and I came across this. Now granted I've seen this before but seeing it again after Coates reveal gave it new life to me. You are absolutely right about her arms looking like scales. My mind is freaking blown: Coates definitely covered all his tracks here.

I always wanted more depth between Apocalypse and Storm. Maybe some ancient rivalry between him and her ancestors. Two mutant gods battling it out would be cool.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I always wanted more depth between Apocalypse and Storm. Maybe some ancient rivalry between him and her ancestors. Two mutant gods battling it out would be cool.
    you know it never dawned on me that apocalypse would make for a great rogue considering their history. in this same story she mentioned her bloodline was filled with queens and priestesses, which we know extends to the beginning of the time. apocalypse was the first mutant so it wouldnt be a surprise if he encountered her ancestors before.

BANNED

Oh, man... I can't keep up with this crossover (Age of X-Man) way too many books and on reading order! Anywho, what book and issue are these pages from?

I was just catching up on some reading after having a discussion with one of my beloved friends and I came across this. Now granted I've seen this before but seeing it again after Coates reveal gave it new life to me. You are absolutely right about her arms looking like scales. My mind is freaking blown: Coates definitely covered all his tracks here.
    Then shouldn't her palms be facing up?
    Last edited by Shreene; 06-24-2019 at 09:00 PM.

It would be a great way to show her increased power levels as a goddess. En Saba Nur would be a fantastic villain for her.

But I'll be honest, I am not sold on this goddess Storm since we only get her outside of the X-Books, especially now that Hickman is taking over the X-Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Oh, man... I can't keep up with this crossover (Age of X-Man) way too many books and on reading order! Anywho, what book and issue are these pages from?

Then shouldn't her palms be facing up?
    This book is way before age of xman. this is from storms mini before the storm and it's from the 3rd issue I believe.

if you are looking at the hands as the plates you would place the items being weighed upon maybe but I see the hands here in the image more as the parts holding up the scale or plates:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 09:47 PM.

LOL I just read the posts here and in the BP thread and y'all never disappoint! People need to accept the fact that Storm is a member of the BP mythos at this point. It's a shame that so many posters actively shade Storm instead of focusing on writers/editors.

As a fan of both characters and a frequent poster in both threads I hope those of you that posted in the BP thread today continue to do so. It's refreshing to get more/different opinions on things. I liked the convo discussing Wakanda's relationship to other African nations and Wakanda's relationship with the X-men.

I can't wait to see T'Challa and Storm reunited again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Chile, these posts are giving me all kinds off life. I'm doing the Tommy Strong laugh.
    I only go to the BP thread to share Storm/Bp art or if something good happens because i love to debate and i would spend all day there throwing facts at the apeople who have a problem with Storm while acting like one movie makes Tchalla Alist when in said movie he was replaceable, literally. so i just avoid for the most part.
    jwatson and ororo101 get the mvps for shutting down cbr lolol. I'm still shook.
    Lol they really were going in and not a single poster could really clap-back.
    lololol nope not a one honey
    Lmao I love you guys and just want to say thank you for always having my back with these things. We may have our fights and disagreements but I think it’s nice to know that when push comes to shove and we have to defend our Girl, we do it together. And FIERCELY may I add haha. We truly are a little crazy, online family and we all know who we call Mother! If we were on Pose I’m so sure that we would be the Hadaris of House Munroe. Lightning vogueing the house down to thunderoussss applause.

Love this! Read this series not too long ago and it was also one of the first things I noticed. Coates may not have been aware of these exact events/storylines when he was writing the last run on BP but he sure as hell has a lot of opportunity to flush out this Goddess storyline with all of these back references over the years! I hope he does and does it well. New and creative ways to make her Godhood distinct and different from all of the other types in Marvel canon would be a dream come true. Our girl needs a Renaissance of sorts and she needs it now more than ever.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Except...
    He's not writing the Storm and Black Panther book.
    He's not writing the Ororo: Goddess of the Storm book.
    He's writing the Black Panther book.
    If he continues to give Storm much more development (as you Storm-fans would have it) while essentially ignoring the title character in his own damn book...well...Is it any wonder the BP fans (myself included) feel salty and cheated?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Except...
    If he continues to give Storm much more development (as you Storm-fans would have it) while essentially ignoring the title character in his own damn book...well...Is it any wonder the BP fans (myself included) feel salty and cheated?
    I mean...your not wrong. But this is the only book that Storm is getting recognition so i'm fine with it, but I understand what you mean. Hell if it was a Storm solo Book and Jean popped up as much as Storm does in the BP we would be feeling the same type of way. It wasn't that long ago we all were complaining Storm is dumb down to prop up Jean.........

It would be Nice if that WAS a direct reference to her Godhood, but yeah Ozymandias is referring that One day Storm is going to be a Hero of Great Importance.....or just a Hero in general.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-25-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Except...
    The book is called Black Panther. Not Tchalla:Black Panther. The name of the book didn't change when Shuri was Black Panther and it won't change when the next one is. Like i said the other day, BP is a mantle. If you want a book about Tchalla then perhaps you should write marvel and ask for one. Because Tchalla is nothing more than part of the BP mythos and so is anyone else that wants to eat his herb and fight him for his mantle.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-25-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean...your not wrong. But this is the only book that Storm is getting recognition so i'm fine with it, but I understand what you mean. Hell if it was a Storm solo Book and Jean popped up as much as Storm does in the BP we would be feeling the same type of way. It wasn't that long ago we all were complaining Storm is dumb down to prop up Jean.........

It would be Nice if that WAS a direct reference to her Godhood, but yeah Ozymandias is referring that One day Storm is going to be a Hero of Great Importance.....or just a Hero in general.
    Not i. I enjoyed X-men Red and personally didn't feel Storm was dumbed down. It wasn't her book and she wasn't the leader. Imo the moments she did get were great.

Also if it's about her only being a hero why would there be people on their knees worshipping her? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.