Page 462 of 662 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 9921
    Astonishing Member

I like the faith part because it adds a constraint on Storm going god-mode every fight. I don’t think her godhead should do much more than make her weather powers more effective against dark magics and supplemental things like that. Plus it makes it more than just a power up and actually ties her to the Wakandan people.

Other than that, happy to see this confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Good News. Not exactly thrilled she’s listed as a Wakandan God and that she needs Prayers to Go Goddess mode. Not happy about that. But whatever.

Wait what!? JDW said that Jeans Pink Form never happened???
    No he said she just doesnt do it anymore equating it to an hobby you used to have years ago
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So...she's only a goddess in Wakanda?
    I don't think that's what they mean i think it's just a fact that that is where her godhood was officially awakened. IT could spread anywhere though as we've seen with the Shiar and others.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think that's what they mean i think it's just a fact that that is where her godhood was officially awakened. IT could spread anywhere though as we've seen with the Shiar and others.
    But does it does appear that it only occurs when people pray to her correct? Only the Wakandans have done so so far.

But does it does appear that it only occurs when people pray to her correct? Only the Wakandans have done so so far.
    Well she was worshipped as a goddess outside of wakanda first and in that story she said she felt more powerful at that time so we do know it applies outside wakanda it's just blurry to her. I think given when this was put together that was all that existed at the time because in Shuri it was forced out by an unnatural fungus so there is room to expand. Or if someone does the research on her godmode to writer it or expand it's there in the material.

But yes based on this entry it appears so far it's faith based. But what if someone creates a Hadari Yao temple or something and someone is always in a way praying? so theres room. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Also it specifically says worships rather than prayer which can make quite the difference.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well she was worshipped as a goddess outside of wakanda first and in that story she said she felt more powerful at that time so we do know it applies outside wakanda it's just blurry to her. I think given when this was put together that was all that existed at the time because in Shuri it was forced out by an unnatural fungus so there is room to expand. Or if someone does the research on her godmode to writer it or expand it's there in the material.

But yes based on this entry it appears so far it's faith based. But what if someone creates a Hadari Yao temple or something and someone is always in a way praying? so theres room. lol
    I'm going down a path here. If Storm's goddess aspect is accessed through faith, would the mutants of Krakoa ever pray to Storm in their times of need? Would some mutants be opposed to worshipping others, particularly one of their own as a god?

I honestly think no X-writer is going to follow up or touch this.

Also it specifically says worships rather than prayer which can make quite the difference.
    Well, worship does invoke prayer in most cases.

Well, worship does invoke prayer in most cases.
    Worship can also be a feeling for someone as a deity. So the act of just recognizing Storm as a goddess and thinking "Thank the goddess Storm..." or that feeling of it could empower her.

I have been pimping the mutants worshipping her for a while. I am hoping that's why hickman had her leading ressurrection services. Can you imagine what she might be capable of with the faith of an island of mutants powering her. I swear i see the scene so clearly in my mind with her protecting krakoa. X-men #1 solidified it. All those kids calling out Magneto you saved us etc and then Krakoa under attack and they looking to him but Storm flies into the air and they start to believe in her and boom. We see the true protector of Krakoa, the first mutant goddess who preserves life. Not to mention that expert about her preserving life is essentially the mission of mutantdom itself. To preserve the natural order of life rather than it become Post Human.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I'm going down a path here. If Storm's goddess aspect is accessed through faith, would the mutants of Krakoa ever pray to Storm in their times of need? Would some mutants be opposed to worshipping others, particularly one of their own as a god?

I honestly think no X-writer is going to follow up or touch this.
    It probably won't be which is why Coates has been rather vague about the whole thing since the beginning. Storm's godhood might be something that only enters the picture when she's interacting with the Black Panther mythos. On one hand I'm ok with that because there's nothing wrong with individual X-Men having personal adventures, but it's unfortunate that something with so much plot potential is being wasted in her home franchise. Hopefully whatever the writers have planned for her gives her a unique character arc and some agency.

But if they do choose to follow up on it, Storm's exploration of her godhood fits in perfectly with a lot of the themes Hickman is developing. And it's an opportunity for cross-franchise interaction if he wants to go that route.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They seem to "worship" Magneto...they have chosen their God. LoL.
    I don't want Krakoans to suddenly start worshipping Storm as a Goddess in earnest, though. Recognising her Omega status along with everything that implies, is enough for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't want Krakoans to suddenly start worshipping Storm as a Goddess in earnest, though. Recognising her Omega status along with everything that implies, is enough for me.
    See i think it's important for mutants to create a pantheon of their own with gods because in a world where they are creating protections for magic and other things what happens when a foreign deity comes to force worship and you don't have any of your own to combat that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If the Krakoans had to pick a god, I'd much rather it be Storm than Magneto lol. But if Hickman actually chose to explore the beginnings of early mutant religion I'd be interested, regardless of who's getting worshiped. That'd be in line with all the nation building he's been showing.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I apologize for keeping you all waiting. its been a busy day. the first bit of news, which wasnt what I wanted to tell you all earlier, is that #stormdeservesamovie is trending on Twitter today. I thought that was a nice bit of news considering what I was going to inform you guys earlier.

As some of you may be aware, I created a petition a little over a year ago asking that Marvel acknowledge Ororo's godhead and that Ororo finally get the solo ongoing with Coates/Bartel on the creative team. The petition received a lot of support from storm fans and comic fans alike. The petition was even signed by the gorgeous and talented Miss Bartel herself!!! There have been some who have stated that they didnt know if Hickman would acknowledge what coates has done or that he straight up wouldnt acknowledge it.

Well today I can officially tell you we dont have to wait for Hickman or any other xwriter to acknowledge this based upon the information Ororo101 shared with me today. For those of you who do not know, The Marvel Book is an assortment of information that acts in many ways as a Marvel encyclopedia or roadmap that provides details on the Multiverse, Science and Technology, War and Peace, Cosmic Forces, Magic and the Supernatural, and Alternate Realities - that form the foundations of Marvel Comics. Within this roadmap Storm has officially been stated to be a goddess temporarily powered by faith and listed as a God of wakanda:

Storms dedicated page:

The Wakandan Gods page:

So as of today Ororo officially has a new ability that amplifies her power. To what degree, as they say, keep reading true believers, but I think this is truly remarkable what Coates has done for this character. Though I cant confirm the petition was the reason this happened I'm most certainly sure it didnt hurt in bringing awareness to what coates did for this character. So in that I declare a victory in this petition and its efforts to finally make it official to where NO ONE can challenge those fans who have loved coates new development. Again, I want to thank all the storm fans from the bottom of my heart for loving ororo just as much or even more than me and fighting for her to get the respect she deserves! Now let's move forward in getting the solo movie and solo ongoing for her as well!! After this win there is nothing I don't think we can achieve when United!!!

I love you guys so much!!!

#hadariyao
    Nice, this is certainly a great thing ontop of an already great week. It's especially good to see at least someone over at Marvel made it official beyond the panels but in an official book, it really should be the last straw in terms of getting rid of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I apologize for keeping you all waiting. its been a busy day. the first bit of news, which wasnt what I wanted to tell you all earlier, is that #stormdeservesamovie is trending on Twitter today. I thought that was a nice bit of news considering what I was going to inform you guys earlier.

As some of you may be aware, I created a petition a little over a year ago asking that Marvel acknowledge Ororo's godhead and that Ororo finally get the solo ongoing with Coates/Bartel on the creative team. The petition received a lot of support from storm fans and comic fans alike. The petition was even signed by the gorgeous and talented Miss Bartel herself!!! There have been some who have stated that they didnt know if Hickman would acknowledge what coates has done or that he straight up wouldnt acknowledge it.

Well today I can officially tell you we dont have to wait for Hickman or any other xwriter to acknowledge this based upon the information Ororo101 shared with me today. For those of you who do not know, The Marvel Book is an assortment of information that acts in many ways as a Marvel encyclopedia or roadmap that provides details on the Multiverse, Science and Technology, War and Peace, Cosmic Forces, Magic and the Supernatural, and Alternate Realities - that form the foundations of Marvel Comics. Within this roadmap Storm has officially been stated to be a goddess temporarily powered by faith and listed as a God of wakanda:

Storms dedicated page:

The Wakandan Gods page:

So as of today Ororo officially has a new ability that amplifies her power. To what degree, as they say, keep reading true believers, but I think this is truly remarkable what Coates has done for this character. Though I cant confirm the petition was the reason this happened I'm most certainly sure it didnt hurt in bringing awareness to what coates did for this character. So in that I declare a victory in this petition and its efforts to finally make it official to where NO ONE can challenge those fans who have loved coates new development. Again, I want to thank all the storm fans from the bottom of my heart for loving ororo just as much or even more than me and fighting for her to get the respect she deserves! Now let's move forward in getting the solo movie and solo ongoing for her as well!! After this win there is nothing I don't think we can achieve when United!!!

I love you guys so much!!!

#hadariyao
    Is this an official marvel book? i was trying to find more information to see how connected it is to the actual company i.e making sure it's an initative but couldn't find anything really that says it's marvel sanctioned.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.