Page 455 of 662 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I don't see it, if she was actively doing something she wouldn't ask if it was alright if she stayed. She even says she'd simply feel more comfortable staying until they where checked, then in the conversation with Cyclops he encourages her to leave and rest, if she was containing a bomb she would've said so, the whole scene would be a lot different if that was the case.
    a couple things to consider. Hickman isnt the type, at least based upon his latest interview to explain everything that happens in a story:

Jonathan: Okay, so these are actually the same question. And although this is a spoiler and me clearly explaining the story (which I try not to do), I’m giving myself a pass in this case because the plan we started with at the beginning of the project changed during the publishing of it.

I interpret as being some things he wants to leave to the reader.

The second thing, Ororo pauses before going further into explaining the situation to Cecila in an effort almost not wanting to cause panic:

Attachment 88366

And to say that she was containing a bomb I dont think she would do especially in front of the kids as she would not want to make them feel any kind of way (remember all mutants are welcomed on krakoa) and seeing that she was ok with staying there with the twins why would she unnecessarily make a situation more grave than it needs to be? She wouldnt. She would dig deep, put on a smile, and fight until she couldn't anymore which is exactly what she did.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I didnt like Ororo calling Cecilia, Doctor. It felt so impersonal and knowing each other for as long as they have, they should be on first name basis

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's how I was seeing it too. If there was an issue they've would have tried to put them into containment and Storm would have said she can contain their powers. The Cyclops would have asked if she was sure.

I was going to post in BP about Vb, but evil groups usually have Vb or adimantium for one reason or another so I wait and see.
    how would they know there was any energy to contain if they couldnt see or feel it? that's the whole point why I think it's highly likely ororo is containing or nullifying the effects of whatever energy they are emitting until someone can see them. no one else seemed to be concerned yet based upon her response she knows that there is an urgency there enough to where she doesnt want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Could be Savage Land vibranium or a synthesized version of vibranium.

However if it is Vb from Wakanda, well, X-writers up to their usual isht again.
    oh ok. I thought vibranium was only in wakanda.

how do you know for sure its vibranium from wakanda and not the savage land?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt like Ororo calling Cecilia, Doctor. It felt so impersonal and knowing each other for as long as they have, they should be on first name basis
    maybe in the professional setting they try to use their formal names. it's no different than everyone always calling ororo "storm."

and yes to Miss Vivica Fox's Fendy bang and ponytail synthetic hairpiece inspiring the look for today's issue!!!! YAAASSSSSS!!!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2019 at 04:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I didn't get that impression either but I'll re-read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I don't see it, if she was actively doing something she wouldn't ask if it was alright if she stayed. She even says she'd simply feel more comfortable staying until they where checked, then in the conversation with Cyclops he encourages her to leave and rest, if she was containing a bomb she would've said so, the whole scene would be a lot different if that was the case.
    Nothing in Storm’s statement says that she was actively containing their Energy. The context is that Storm sensed huge amounts of energy from them. If this energy was so dangerous and alarming. Storm would have stated that she is containing it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Nothing in Storm’s statement says that she was actively containing their Energy. The context is that Storm sensed huge amounts of energy from them. If this energy was so dangerous and alarming. Storm would have stated that she is containing it.
    just like she said she was watering the plant, or just like she said "I'm going to shoot lightning from my finger tips and knock these soldiers down." everything isnt going to be spelled out for you especially in the way in which comics are written today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just like she said she was watering the plant, or just like she said "I'm going to shoot lightning from my finger tips and knock these soldiers down." everything isnt going to be spelled out for you especially in the way in which comics are written today.
    It’s not stated bro. Literally, all of us are telling you that’s not how they read it.....

Pulled these from the Vb wiki. There is a bit of a pattern. lol

"The storage tanks within the revamped Weapon X Program are composed of Vibranium Glass Casings to contain their tougher subjects.[66] "

"Stryker and his Purifiers wield all manner of Vibranium Munitions, from bullets to knives made of it."

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It’s not stated bro. Literally, all of us are telling you that’s not how they read it.....
    her making it rain and shooting lightning is not stated sis. what's your point? I've never been a reader who needs something to be explicitly stated for me to use context clues in making an informed decision about things that happen on panel. so whoever literally says whatever wont change that unless you come with something better than "literally, all of us are telling you"" blah blah blah.

case in point, ororo didnt say she created a magnetic field to attract knives together but visually we were able to come to that conclusion. in this case, ororo is compelled to stay behind and informs cecelia they are emitting energy. she even stops herself from getting into how serious the matter is. so if she isnt doing anything or cant do anything against the energy why is she compelled to stay until she checks her out? please answer that one and simple question. if your answer to this is just everyone else disagrees you can stop before you start and we can agree to disagree.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Pulled these from the Vb wiki. There is a bit of a pattern. lol

"The storage tanks within the revamped Weapon X Program are composed of Vibranium Glass Casings to contain their tougher subjects.[66] "

"Stryker and his Purifiers wield all manner of Vibranium Munitions, from bullets to knives made of it."
    but but but the wakandans have never been linked to supplying these villains right?

how would they know there was any energy to contain if they couldnt see or feel it? that's the whole point why I think it's highly likely ororo is containing or nullifying the effects of whatever energy they are emitting until someone can see them. no one else seemed to be concerned yet based upon her response she knows that there is an urgency there enough to where she doesnt want to leave.

oh ok. I thought vibranium was only in wakanda.

how do you know for sure its vibranium from wakanda and not the savage land?
    Savage Land vb is anti-metal, it dissolves other metals. Wakandan vb effects sound.

Without knowing how it's being used, it's hard to tell what kind of vb it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lol...Reyes is still the only X-Person to recognize Storm's blackness.

X-Men 70 my favorite portrayal of her...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Savage Land vb is anti-metal, it dissolves other metals. Wakandan vb effects sound.

Without knowing how it's being used, it's hard to tell what kind of vb it is.
    hmmm I see I didnt know that. is it explained why they have different properties? can both be used as a barricade? like the fact that cyclops blast had no effect on it would that give us a clue?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol...Reyes is still the only X-Person to recognize Storm's blackness.

X-Men 70 my favorite portrayal of her...lol
    you have scans please????

you have scans please????
    Here it is...Sister...lol
    Attachment 88368
    Attachment 88369
    Attachment 88370
    Some of us wait, some of us act.