Page 149 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Right.

I mean it's kinda hard to fight a battle when you have like 20+ Tornadoes everywhere and a nasty F6 Gale Force Wind smashing you in the face to the point it's hard to breathe and keep your balance. On top of that you have a unrelenting Monsoon Rain pouring down on you making it hard for you to maneuver AND your body Temperature has dropped and things around you has dropped to Far Below Zero degrees and then you have probably like 100+ Bolts of lighting firing around you all at the SAME damn time. LOL.

You can't fight in those conditions no matter who you are. You just can't. THAT is basically Storm if she didn't give a damn about the X-Men.

X-Men better be happy she's on their side, because chiiiile.

Hello everyone,
    I'm a major lurker here....just a question/ I'm not really following what's going on in the current x-men universe. I'm waiting for Hickman's books to come out before I dive back in. I guess my question or thought is if this a reboot how will it effect the x-men's relationships outside the x-verse...so to speak? Specifically, I'm curious on how they will handle Storm's relationship with Black Panther? Am I missing something here? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leoseek View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm a major lurker here....just a question/ I'm not really following what's going on in the current x-men universe. I'm waiting for Hickman's books to come out before I dive back in. I guess my question or thought is if this a reboot how will it effect the x-men's relationships outside the x-verse...so to speak? Specifically, I'm curious on how they will handle Storm's relationship with Black Panther? Am I missing something here? thanks
    And how is anyone supposed to know the answer to that? Hmm?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hello everyone,
    hey there beloved and welcome to the thread. this is a great question. originally I thought the same thing but Hickman joining is just cancelling the current line of xmen. this means all the current books are going away. so its not a reboot. but I would imagine if it was a true reboot marvel would go the route of making the stories mirror the mcu as much as possible. this would mean that ororo and tchalla would probably be dissolved. thankfully as I mentioned this is not a reboot so we should be good and their relationship should remain in tact.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Right.

I mean it's kinda hard to fight a battle when you have like 20+ Tornadoes everywhere and a nasty F6 Gale Force Wind smashing you in the face to the point it's hard to breathe and keep your balance. On top of that you have a unrelenting Monsoon Rain pouring down on you making it hard for you to maneuver AND your body Temperature has dropped and things around you has dropped to Far Below Zero degrees and then you have probably like 100+ Bolts of lighting firing around you all at the SAME damn time. LOL.

You can't fight in those conditions no matter who you are. You just can't. THAT is basically Storm if she didn't give a damn about the X-Men.
    how terrifying would it be for her to unleash like this during an actual battle

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Do we have any knowledge of how Hickman feels about Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Do we have any knowledge of how Hickman feels about Storm?
    Not too sure. He did write her for his F4 run and NA not sure about BP.
    She was lackluster do to the fact she had no panel time. But he does seem to be Pro the Royal couple.

But I get a strong feeling she not going to be a Major player for Hickman.
    She'll make special appearance but won't be part of Hickmen inner circle
    Like Magento Emma Cyclops Jean Wolverine Xaiver and Sunspot will be.

I'm thinking Extintion team level of relevance in his run.
    She'll gets the title of being an impotant member but still not of real importance.

Example she stop Aircraft ship from crashing into the School saving lives. But Cyclops still takes out Sinister.

She won't be making REAL Moves

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    She was lackluster do to the fact she had no panel time. But he does seem to be Pro the Royal couple.

She'll gets the title of being an impotant member but still not of real importance.

Example she stop Aircraft ship from crashing into the School saving lives. But Cyclops still takes out Sinister.

THE BOLD:
    UGH WHY!!!!!!!!

THE BOLD:
    UGH WHY!!!!!!!!
    Cash cow and fan favorite unfortunately.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I know I don't post very often in the Storm thread (I should, she's my favorite X-Woman) but I was wondering if anyone knows when the Fearless book starts? i really want to pick that one up and I hope it's as good as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I know I don't post very often in the Storm thread (I should, she's my favorite X-Woman) but I was wondering if anyone knows when the Fearless book starts? i really want to pick that one up and I hope it's as good as it sounds.
    Supposed to be July.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Welcome to the Storm thread. Please come visit more often. It does get boring in here. Anyway, I heard it was in July. I hope the description of the issue is as good as it sounds also. I’m curious to what threat Marvel is referring to that only a “Goddess” can solve.......hmmm. And I LOVE this powerful Trio that Marvel put together: Carol, Ororo, Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Supposed to be July.
    Yeah, that’s what I heard as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

This is funny because that's basically what I figured her role to be in Hickman's hands (maybe he'll prove me wrong after HOX/POX concludes). I imagine it'll be similar to her role in X-men Red where she really only comes to the forefront for that big MONEY SHOT but yeah as far as Storm being an integral part of his new narrative I doubt it.

Hello everyone,
    There is no good answer to that. It is probably a soft reboot meaning they are going to be changes which are clearly hard reboot level but they are going to pretend that it is continuity and it part of natural story. We don't know if it is going to change things outside of X-men universe but Hickman is big planner so the answer is it probably will do that, I mean writers don't have to gush on twitter about a story/pitch but the amount writers saying it and higher ups making the comparison to some huge stuff I think we can safeful guess it is going to spill over everywhere in Marvel.

What does it mean for Storm? Nothing as yet we don't have enough details powers of 10 and house of X are just set up books. The characters seen in those books mean something but final group who is be "the main X-men" going forward aren't necessary the line up you see in it. We already know Hickman has the flagship book so we will pretend that is called "Uncanny" ,Based on X-men history we know we should be getting a second X-men book so

Uncanny
    Adjectiveless
    Wolverine

That is the mortal locks imo. Recently we have seen a 3rd X-men think Astonishing or Xmen Red so another book is real possibility. So what is the point of all that? It is Hickman really doesn't impact Storm's future as much you might think. Let's pretend that Hickman passes over using Storm can you see two other writers having their choice of all remaining characters going nah I don't want to use Storm? I can't see that happening. I don't know if would be for Storm a blessing or missing out, I mean Hickman is talented enough to write a definitive run so you would want to see your favorite character be a part of that. But all of the big guns are in play for Hickman so you have to balance time with Cyclops, Wolverine, Xavier, Jean, etc even in a good run balance run someone is going not get panel time even with a talented writer. Where as Storm would likely to be a focal point especially without some the other guys in play and so you almost rather see Storm in the hands of writer who went Storm is my first or second pick for this book and is planning around Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    There is no good answer to that. It is probably a soft reboot meaning they are going to be changes which are clearly hard reboot level but they are going to pretend that it is continuity and it part of natural story. We don't know if it is going to change things outside of X-men universe but Hickman is big planner so the answer is it probably will do that, I mean writers don't have to gush on twitter about a story/pitch but the amount writers saying it and higher ups making the comparison to some huge stuff I think we can safeful guess it is going to spill over everywhere in Marvel.

What does it mean for Storm? Nothing as yet we don't have enough details powers of 10 and house of X are just set up books. The characters seen in those books mean something but final group who is be "the main X-men" going forward aren't necessary the line up you see in it. We already know Hickman has the flagship book so we will pretend that is called "Uncanny" ,Based on X-men history we know we should be getting a second X-men book so

Uncanny
    Adjectiveless
    Wolverine

That is the mortal locks imo. Recently we have seen a 3rd X-men think Astonishing or Xmen Red so another book is real possibility. So what is the point of all that? It is Hickman really doesn't impact Storm's future as much you might think. Let's pretend that Hickman passes over using Storm can you see two other writers having their choice of all remaining characters going nah I don't want to use Storm? I can't see that happening. I don't know if would be for Storm a blessing or missing out, I mean Hickman is talented enough to write a definitive run so you would want to see your favorite character be a part of that. But all of the big guns are in play for Hickman so you have to balance time with Cyclops, Wolverine, Xavier, Jean, etc even in a good run balance run someone is going not get panel time even with a talented writer. Where as Storm would likely to be a focal point especially without some the other guys in play and so you almost rather see Storm in the hands of writer who went Storm is my first or second pick for this book and is planning around Storm.
    Hmmm interesting take. Y’know I think I agree with this whole Statement.