Page 299 of 662 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Im assuming she will have a couple of lines but be mostly a background character. I think this is a Xavier/Moria story.

If the Marauders is any indication of the way the X-verse is going, than I'm not expecting anything from Storm
    I'm going to have to cosign 100% here. Any story to culminates and then begins with her being on a team led by kitty with Emma funding the activities doesnt give me hope Ororo is going go have any type of major impact to the main plot.

I really would love to see Ororo just put Emma in her place one good time, followed by a nice slap in the face.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm going to have to cosign 100% here. Any story to culminates and then begins with her being on a team led by kitty with Emma funding the activities doesnt give me hope Ororo is going go have any type of major impact to the main plot.

I really would love to see Ororo just put Emma in her place one good time, followed by a nice slap in the face.
    I could see the line up working if Storm was the new Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Not a fan of the pirate-theme but this could have worked as a power struggle between Emma/Storm...and memebers of the Hellfire Club.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I could see the line up working if Storm was the new Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Not a fan of the pirate-theme but this could have worked as a power struggle between Emma/Storm...and memebers of the Hellfire Club.
    wasnt she the black king/white queen once for a brief moment? I know magneto was. and I would be fine with the pirate thing it wasnt kiddie in nature and had a dark twist akin to how pirating occurs in the real world (even kitty looks like a deaged teen). but I dont think the book would go that route. and maybe ororo tags along to make sure Emma doesnt do anything to kitty, though after the disaster that was gold this wouldnt make sense... you know because kitty is a ninja. (but that all but being ignored supports my head canon the entire thing occured in an alternate universe!!!)

and your idea might be right but until I see ororo more in the hox/pox I'm still not sure how she would get behind what Xavier is pushing. I'm thinking krakoa is taking control of some of the mutants, specifically the omegas. this could maybe explain why she would work with the lying Emma for the billionth time after being deceived by Emma.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-20-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

this was so sweet to see. a little storm fan in the making:

https://cbsloc.al/2Z36vcE

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-20-2019 at 05:41 PM.

wasnt she the black king/white queen once for a brief moment? I know magneto was. and I would be fine with the pirate thing it wasnt kiddie in nature and had a dark twist akin to how pirating occurs in the real world (even kitty looks like a deaged teen). but I dont think the book would go that route. and maybe ororo tags along to make sure Emma doesnt do anything to kitty, though after the disaster that was gold this wouldnt make sense... you know because kitty is a ninja. (but that all but being ignored supports my head canon the entire thing occured in an alternate universe!!!)

and your idea might be right but until I see ororo more in the hox/pox I'm still not sure how she would get behind what Xavier is pushing. I'm thinking krakoa is taking control of some of the mutants, specifically the omegas. this could maybe explain why she would work with the lying Emma for the billionth time after being deceived by Emma.
    I believe Storm shared the White King position with Magneto.

this was so sweet to see. a little storm fan in the making:

https://cbsloc.al/2Z36vcE

Loved this <3. Kids was adorable and loved Storm representing black superhero diversity, along with BP and BL, (and black female diversity in any comic medium)!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I believe Storm shared the White King position with Magneto.

Loved this <3. Kids was adorable and loved Storm representing black superhero diversity, along with BP and BL, (and black female diversity in any comic medium)!
    thanks boo I couldnt recall for sure.

and to the video I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! there are not many heroes in this medium that little black girls and boys can look to emulate. this is why when the whole subject of colorism comes up.and some are quick to dismiss it these moments demonstrate the necessity of diversity in the USA, especially considering its history. the excitement and glee on that innocent baby's face brightened my day. also kudos to this African American museum for including the elements of scifi/fantasy.

I know you all have been waiting for the review for Fearless #2. Well it's out and here are my points below:

spoilers:
    its garbage
    end of spoilers

that is all.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-21-2019 at 07:15 AM.

I know you all have been waiting for the review for Fearless #2. Wrll it's out and here are my points below:

spoilers:
    its garbage
    end of spoilers

that is all.
    I'm curious what made it garbage for you. Personally i enjoyed it, so curious. Storm came off as an expert on enviorment in my opinion. the small thing like spiders aren't bugs, her views on how mutation isn't bad and it should be appreciated vs. her views on "invasive species" i thought there was a lot of small detail that gave us insight into Storm's character. What i didn't like was the vegeterian thing. I don't think Storm would be a vegan and it just screamed of writer feeling anyone who cares about the environment mustn't eat meat or something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm curious what made it garbage for you. Personally i enjoyed it, so curious. Storm came off as an expert on enviorment in my opinion. the small thing like spiders aren't bugs, her views on how mutation isn't bad and it should be appreciated vs. her views on "invasive species" i thought there was a lot of small detail that gave us insight into Storm's character. What i didn't like was the vegeterian thing. I don't think Storm would be a vegan and it just screamed of writer feeling anyone who cares about the environment mustn't eat meat or something.
    it was just a very slow and boring read. literally NOTHING happened to progress the story. with just four issues released monthly I dont think this style of writing helps keep interest in the book. I think what really seemed off was the writing. it didnt feel natural in the way ororo talked. though she was supposed to be the "environmental expert" the way in which it was written seemed a bit forced. show us dont tell us, if that makes sense. also she has eaten a burger before, so her being a vegan again didnt quite gel with me.

it was just a very slow and boring read. literally NOTHING happened to progress the story. with just four issues released monthly I dont think this style of writing helps keep interest in the book. I think what really seemed off was the writing. it didnt feel natural in the way ororo talked. though she was supposed to be the "environmental expert" the way in which it was written seemed a bit forced. show us dont tell us, if that makes sense. also she has eaten a burger before, so her being a vegan again didnt quite gel with me.
    Yeah her speech was definitely... different.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah her speech was definitely... different.
    she also came across pretentious to me . and the vegan psrtt, which I admit, I glossed over but writers shouldnt insert their views onto a character. as you said being an environmentalist which I thought was cool doesnt mean she would be vegan. all of it just was really off to me. the first issue was cool and with how amazing this cover was I expected better.

I know you all have been waiting for the review for Fearless #2. Wrll it's out and here are my points below:

spoilers:
    its garbage
    end of spoilers

that is all.
    I have.... issues with Fearless #2.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I have.... issues with Fearless #2.
    please share your thoughts boo!

what were you issues??

please share your thoughts boo!

what were you issues??
    1. The art - I'm not a fan at all and Sue looks so ugly it's offensive

2. The plot - It's taken too long to setup the threat. We only have 4 issues and it's boring so far, there aren't even character interactions to keep interest

3. The interactions - This should be the main hook of the book, seeing these leading women interact with each other. But it's lifeless and boring, the few conversations they've had feels more like exposition than real conversations.

4. Personalities - Carol comes in with a personality that's mean to be fun and stuff, while Sue and Storm are written as boring and slightly stuck-up. They showed no personality. That was my biggest fear, using the Storm and Sue to prop up Carol. It's still early to say if that's happening for sure, but it seems like it and I hate it.

It's such a shame as I had such high expectations and this book had the potential to be so much better. Why was it made?
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-21-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!