Page 184 of 662 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    God, Ororo was so extra in the 90s cartoon.

This was my introduction to her. I immediately fell in love with her when she showed her powers. No exaggeration, it was instant love.
    agreed. I remember being a kid and after the xmen cartoon appeared we would play xmen. I was always storm lolol.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-18-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Wish the article had conclude with Mohawk Storm. Seeing how it's was the culmination of everything she was going through and Yukio inspired

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Wish the article had conclude with Mohawk Storm. Seeing how it's was the culmination of everything she was going through and Yukio inspired
    I'm actually very surprised that it didnt conclude with that. her experience with yukio was one of the things that directly resulted in this internal/external change.

BANNED

I'm indifferent here.

Was their relationship important?? Yes, it was a HUGE moment in Storm's live battle another side of her she didn't know. Is it THE MOST important??? No, not really. I mean there are a lot of other relationships that really contend to be Storm's MOST important relationship. What I mean by that is Storm and Yukio's relationship would be in competition with Jean/Storm, T'Challa/Storm, Forge/Storm, Kitty Pryde/Storm, Arkon/Storm, Wolverine/Storm, Cable/Storm, Gambit/Storm, ..........these relationships Storm had over the years could EASILY be THE most important ones than just Yukio and Storm
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-18-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'm indifferent here.

Was their relationship important?? Yes, it was a HUGE moment in Storm's live battle another side of her she didn't know. Is it THE MOST important??? No, not really. I mean there are a lot of other relationships that really contend to be Storm's MOST important relationship. What I mean by that is Storm and Yukio's relationship would be in competition with Jean/Storm, T'Challa/Storm, Forge/Storm, Kitty Pryde/Storm, Arkon/Storm, Wolverine/Storm, Cable/Storm, Gambit/Storm, ..........these relationships Storm had over the years could EASILY be THE most important ones than just Yukio and Storm
    I think what you said is a fair one. each of the ones you listed were all (arguably) influential in shaping her world view. now I know we have talked about this in terms of wanting to her feats but what do you think about this team up with captain marvel and invisible woman? I hope they explain why they are fighting together as the smash up seems a bit random (other than them all being the leading ladies of their respective franchise )

BANNED

I think what you said is a fair one. each of the ones you listed were all (arguably) influential in shaping her world view. now I know we have talked about this in terms of wanting to her feats but what do you think about this team up with captain marvel and invisible woman? I hope they explain why they are fighting together as the smash up seems a bit random (other than them all being the leading ladies of their respective franchise )
    It seems like it's more of a "Women Empowerment" kinda thing. Carol(Arguable), Sue and Ororo are very important if not influential to their respected Teams they are involved in. FF, X-Men, Avengers. Reading the Solicits about a Leadership Camp for Girls basically talks about Females who have been in Major Leadership and how much of a struggle it's been and how much they hate it Blah Blah. Y'Know Girl Talk really. Then someone comes in and messes it up. I don't know. All I know is that it's been a LONG time since Carol, Sue and Storm have appeared in the same comic together. Let alone on a small team.

MAYBE Marvel is trying to start up Fearless comics again. You know Fearless was already an actual Comic Book, maybe Marvel is trying to test the waters and make another A-Force Team, but in the disguise of Fearless.
    Hell IDK.......

In terms of Ororo's arc as a character, her development as a being, yes, Yukio is the most important relationship. Claremont even spells that out in uncertain terms a bit later in Uncanny Annual #11:

The mohawk was an outward manifestation of the dramatic change Ororo went through, and none of that would have been possible without Yukio's(and Callisto's influence). Not only for that first time in the 80's, but again in that 90's Joe Mad issue just pre-Phalanx, and again in X-Treme X-Men(and it is even reverberated in her relationship with T'Challa, not only in that dream he had of Yukio and the X-Men as lovers of Ororo, but also after their breakup, she shaves her head into a mohawk yet again).

If Marvel wasn't so squeamish with same-sex coupling, Yukio and Ororo's relationship wouldn't have to have been so subtextual, and it would be obvious to all as the most important relationship in Ororo's history.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

https://www.cbr.com/major-x-mother-storm/
    So what do Storm fans think about this major X development by Liefeld?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/major-x-mother-storm/
    So what do Storm fans think about this major X development by Liefeld?

It seems like it's more of a "Women Empowerment" kinda thing. Carol(Arguable), Sue and Ororo are very important if not influential to their respected Teams they are involved in. FF, X-Men, Avengers. Reading the Solicits about a Leadership Camp for Girls basically talks about Females who have been in Major Leadership and how much of a struggle it's been and how much they hate it Blah Blah. Y'Know Girl Talk really. Then someone comes in and messes it up. I don't know. All I know is that it's been a LONG time since Carol, Sue and Storm have appeared in the same comic together. Let alone on a small team.

MAYBE Marvel is trying to start up Fearless comics again. You know Fearless was already an actual Comic Book, maybe Marvel is trying to test the waters and make another A-Force Team, but in the disguise of Fearless.
    Hell IDK.......
    yea I'm really interested to see what threats they have these three face. I'm also curious to see how they will interact with each other. Sue and Ororo have definitely had a closer interaction and bond versus Ororo and Carol. So I'm curious to see what ur is that brings them together.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In terms of Ororo's arc as a character, her development as a being, yes, Yukio is the most important relationship. Claremont even spells that out in uncertain terms a bit later in Uncanny Annual #11:

The mohawk was an outward manifestation of the dramatic change Ororo went through, and none of that would have been possible without Yukio's(and Callisto's influence). Not only for that first time in the 80's, but again in that 90's Joe Mad issue just pre-Phalanx, and again in X-Treme X-Men(and it is even reverberated in her relationship with T'Challa, not only in that dream he had of Yukio and the X-Men as lovers of Ororo, but also after their breakup, she shaves her head into a mohawk yet again).

If Marvel wasn't so squeamish with same-sex coupling, Yukio and Ororo's relationship wouldn't have to have been so subtextual, and it would be obvious to all as the most important relationship in Ororo's history.
    I think one could make good arguments or a case for either of the names stormphoenix mentioned but I would tend to agree with you here. This was probably one of her more defining character development moments but let's not forget it was her experience with Forge where she loss her powers that was also a pretty character defining moment. Depending on the reason I think you could make a case that some of the others sp listed are just as important as her relationship to yukio.

This makes me think about debates between what is textual vs. subtextual. If Yukio was a man but everything else here was left exactly the same, then the relationship would be textually romantic. Marvel could do a lot with even just a line where Storm talks about Yukio as one of her exes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    This makes me think about debates between what is textual vs. subtextual. If Yukio was a man but everything else here was left exactly the same, then the relationship would be textually romantic. Marvel could do a lot with even just a line where Storm talks about Yukio as one of her exes.

I see no lies here, but let me just sit back and mind my business...

Attachment 83572

I'm indifferent here.

Agreed with Storm Phoenix. The relationship was important, pivotal and influential but I don't think it was her most important. I think the "most important" relationships change based on the direction of the book she is in. T'Challa, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Yukio, Callisto, Rachel Grey, Kitty Pryde, Gambit, etc. all were influential roles of varying impact on Storm. I'm ready for her to explore and get further panel development time with relationships that have been fermenting and have so much potential. Sue Storm, Carol, Mrinn, Yukio, the UN, etc. would be great to explore.

Dat's right! Our girl is number one!

I love that gif! Her hands move from her thighs to the high heavens. Storm is like "look bitches and watch me werk!" lol. It's hard to believe but when I saw the first episode of X-Men Cyclops was my favorite. I was a kid, maybe 12 or 13 and I thought it was so cool to be able to look at something and shoot power from your eyes. Then that's when I saw Storm flying, shooting lightning, making it rain and little did I know that was just a small portion of what she could do. As I watched more episodes I saw the the breathtaking dramatics of when she used her powers especially in this video. Using mist to see invisible lasers, summing winds of antarctica so cold they make ice, literally riding tornadoes and hurricanes. I loved when she used her control of air to lift her and the x-men up to the rooftop to fight the inner circle. This video of the Queen and Goddess has me gagging! Didn't even realize til watching it again that she made ice turn to damn steam. Yes GAWD!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fz93UFClpo&t=56s
    Last edited by metalclouds; 06-18-2019 at 10:29 PM.