Page 336 of 662 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'm very skeptical about it. Only, because they do tend to pick dumb questions that is easy for JD to answer.

I HOPE they pick the questions that fans WANT to know like her: Goddess Power, Different Power Display, Being Center Stage, Joining other Teams in the MU, News about Storm's Solo.

In fact they NEED to answer these questions. Nobody cares about Storm and Yukio together or what's your favorite Alternate Reality Storm.....these are not important.
    If he does answer, it'll probably be some dumb vague answer that doesn't answer anything. He does that alot.

At the end of the day, if they want us to be invested in the product, then give us something to be invested in. I'm past lip service and am ready to see action. Since most of the questions involve her development from another book, not just powers but character development as well, then take that as a clue to do better.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    If he does answer, it'll probably be some dumb vague answer that doesn't answer anything. He does that alot.

At the end of the day, if they want us to be invested in the product, then give us something to be invested in. I'm past lip service and am ready to see action. Since most of the questions involve her development from another book, not just powers but character development as well, then take that as a clue to do better.
    what is the point of having these question and answer interviews only to never answer anything??

and I wholeheartedly agree with your point the xoffices needing to do better. I hate to be debbie downer but the questions I saw on the aipt would make me think they havent gotten a clue. she is being led by kitty, working for a team financed by one of her greatest enemies, and not carving her own path for her vision for mutants in this new world. it screams more of the same unfortunately.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no not me silly. storm and the xmen are going lolol not me

and yes I would be surprised if they talked about the goddess stuff. we will see
    OH, I thought you were. You made it seem like you was.

I hope they talk about ANYTHING the currently relates to Storm. So, yes Godhead included OR Storm interacting with other Heroes or joins another Team. SOMETHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post

Well, he has to say something. Coates would not have gotten the Green Light of this new development. But, most likely your right. *Sigh* Vague answers.

Yeah, if they want us to be interested then they NEED to do better. I Editorial is just slacking really. But i'm happy she is being shown a lot.

I will say regardless of if he answers the question or not I believe this is the first character themed x-Monday so for her to be the first where he takes questions about her I do appreciate that. the only other character to have this I believe will be Logan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I will say regardless of if he answers the question or not I believe this is the first character themed x-Monday so for her to be the first where he takes questions about her I do appreciate that. the only other character to have this I believe will be Logan.
    Well, that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, that is true.
    exactly they could have picked any character Jean, rogue, kitty, psylocke (white or asian) but they chose ororo

OK ...submitted a question. Not the questions I specifically want answered (though some were asked by others) but a question I think would be interesting if they plan to explore the X-Men’s relationships with the superhero community at large given their new status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    OK ...submitted a question. Not the questions I specifically want answered (though some were asked by others) but a question I think would be interesting if they plan to explore the X-Men’s relationships with the superhero community at large given their new status quo.
    what was your question boo?

nvm I saw your post!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-03-2019 at 07:39 PM.

what was your question boo?
    I asked a question, given the X-Men’s new status quo, what impact will this have on her relationships in the superhero community, and if so, will we see those impacts explored from Storm’s perspective.

Like not another AvX or IvX type of scenario but more like....We know Storm would help anyone who needed it but will she sacrifice that aid if it conflicted with Krakoa’s agenda. I am inclined to think she wouldn’t allow for such a conflict to stop her from doing what she thinks is right but being that she is on Krakoa it makes we wonder if her view of the world and her role in it has taken a dramatic turn. I think she is a heroine who's & opinion would/should carry a lot of clout, and I think a dramatic shift in her priorities as a hero would communicate a very strong message about the status of the X-Men. Like she is the X-Man who will join the Avengers or FF to take on threats if its the right thing to to do vs other X-leadership (I still count her amongst them) may say "f$%# you! You weren't here when we needed you and our priority is not the world unless it effects mutants!"..... Personally I would like to see her point of view change just because I'd like to see that aspect of her explored, especially on a political stage.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-03-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I asked a question, given the X-Men’s new status quo, what impact will this have on her relationships in the superhero community, and if so, will we see those impacts explored from Storm’s perspective.

Like not another AvX or IvX type of scenario but more like....We know Storm would help anyone who needed it but will she sacrifice that aid if it conflicted with Krakoa’s agenda. I am inclined to think she wouldn’t allow for such a conflict to stop her from doing what she thinks is right but being that she is on Krakoa it makes we wonder if her view of the world and her role in it has taken a dramatic turn. I think she is a heroine who's & opinion would/should carry a lot of clout, and I think a dramatic shift in her priorities as a hero would communicate a very strong message about the status of the X-Men. Like she is the X-Man who will join the Avengers or FF to take on threats if its the right thing to to do vs other X-leadership (I still count her amongst them) may say "f$%# you! You weren't here when we needed you and our priority is not the world unless it effects mutants!"..... Personally I would like to see her point of view change just because I'd like to see that aspect of her explored, especially on a political stage.
    hmmm so let me make sure I understand you correctly. you would want ororo to take on the f you world because you didnt help mutants philosophy?

so apparently the question about her solo was already addressed in aipt x-Monday #5

AiPT!: Finally, we received A LOT of questions about a Storm solo title, possibly by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Jen Bartel. So, any news to share for Maurice (@MootyMaurice), Queen Drea (@gamer_chic434), Butterflykyss (@butterflykyss) and all of Ororo’s other eager fans?

Jordan: From what I can tell, this traces back to the two of them saying this was something they were interested in doing at some point… but in the time I have been the X-Men editor, there has been no discussion of this series happening. I know they are both busy people, though. There are no plans for this to happen right now, but it’s worth talking about at some point if it seems feasible.

hopefully they can talk about this at some point. Jordan seems open to it at least.

hmmm so let me make sure I understand you correctly. you would want ororo to take on the f you world because you didnt help mutants philosophy?
    Yes. It’s definitely outside of her character but hear me out....We want to see Storm explore a “philosophical or ethical” struggle (leadership should NOT be a struggle for her -__-...) that has wide spread impact/influence. I think this would be a great role/opportunity for her. She has strong ties to the superhero community and the general public (in a positive way) that she would be the ideal candidate for mutant/human relations exploration on the political stage. And I’d love to see it explored from the less predictable stance of “can’t we all just get along.” She’s someone who can represent Krakoa’s interest but also recognizing that such a position is not heroic or what the X-Men have historically stood for, and could have heavy consequences, including creating conflicts within the X-factions if not skillfully navigated. I think she’s a “friendly” face the world has a connection with but also the right voice to convey and control a message that will be hard to swallow but is appropriate for where the X-Men are now.

If ever a Storm solo is going to happen, I want it to focus on something that is distant from the X-Men. That was part of the failure of her last solo series, it was too tied to the team and it felt like she has no individuality of her own. And the fact that she was appearing in most X books helped saturated her a little, with no interested personal story to keep people interested.

Solo titles should be more in the line of Wolverine. More character development with little hints of X-men here and there but still detached to it. Bring the readers to a new world, a world of an X-man not the X-men. I mean that what makes the Magneto series good...and I think it is also very successful.

BANNED

Ororo on the rise this week

so apparently the question about her solo was already addressed in aipt x-Monday #5

AiPT!: Finally, we received A LOT of questions about a Storm solo title, possibly by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Jen Bartel. So, any news to share for Maurice (@MootyMaurice), Queen Drea (@gamer_chic434), Butterflykyss (@butterflykyss) and all of Ororo’s other eager fans?

Jordan: From what I can tell, this traces back to the two of them saying this was something they were interested in doing at some point… but in the time I have been the X-Men editor, there has been no discussion of this series happening. I know they are both busy people, though. There are no plans for this to happen right now, but it’s worth talking about at some point if it seems feasible.

hopefully they can talk about this at some point. Jordan seems open to it at least.
    Lord I forgot we asked that way back when lol. But Im happy he seems open to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    If ever a Storm solo is going to happen, I want it to focus on something that is distant from the X-Men. That was part of the failure of her last solo series, it was too tied to the team and it felt like she has no individuality of her own. And the fact that she was appearing in most X books helped saturated her a little, with no interested personal story to keep people interested.

Solo titles should be more in the line of Wolverine. More character development with little hints of X-men here and there but still detached to it. Bring the readers to a new world, a world of an X-man not the X-men. I mean that what makes the Magneto series good...and I think it is also very successful.
    I couldn't agree more. I feel that's why fans keep asking about Coates writing her solo. He seems to understand her separate from the X-Men.