Page 340 of 662 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah. It looked cool but still seemed dumb. Maybe the distance taxed the TPs so much that they couldn't do a sensory image for others to see like they have often done. Still don't see why they wanted Storm to put on a show though.
    that's my point. the distance is the thing that made it necessary for ororos part. she was invocation. ororo visually summoned them so that the team back home could see what was happening to Jean. was it necessary probably not, but being able to see Jean die is going to be a lot more moving than the sound of her voice being transmitted in their heads
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when has Xavier had to do something like that over such distances while showing everyone else local to him what was going telepathically? who is to say the other telepaths were strong enough to do all they were doing on their own considering the distance? there is so much interference due to radiation, being able to pinpoint her exact location nearly 50 million miles away is not as easy as you are characterizing.
    Xavier got an image in his head. Its well within his power to relay that image to other people once the connection is established. Plus he had Cerebro to boost him and an omega telepath in Jean to keep the connection going

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier got an image in his head. Its well within his power to relay that image to other people once the connection is established. Plus he had Cerebro to boost him and an omega telepath in Jean to keep the connection going
    it could have been but how taxing would that have been on him to do all of that? that 7 other brains he doesnt have to worry about do that with. and with telepathy all you have is their voice. I'm most certain more effort would be required to see the individual. so again the space between them is the real issue. I could be wrong, maybe Xavier has done something similar but it made sense to me and even if it was stupid: it was beautifully drawn. I thought it was nice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The reason I say overhead projector is because it seemed that the Cuckoos linked the three of them plus Xavier(?) in spirit to form one person. The only reason they needed Storm was to give the images he was seeing shape so everyone could see. Live and overhead.

spoilers:
    But these seem like Pod Xmen anyway so it probably doesn't matter too much. I guess they'll grow replacements like in the opening pages of the first issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The reason I say overhead projector is because it seemed that the Cuckoos linked the three of them plus Xavier(?) in spirit to form one person. The only reason they needed Storm was to give the images he was seeing shape so everyone could see. Live and overhead.

But these seem like Pod Xmen anyway so it probably doesn't matter too much. I guess they'll grow replacements like in the opening pages of the first issue.
    I'm not sure they are pod xmen just yet. it's possible. moira was supposed to only have 10 maybe 11 lives so if it is only 10 this is it.

also ororo was right:

I'm not sure they are pod xmen just yet. it's possible. moira was supposed to only have 10 maybe 11 lives so if it is only 10 this is it.

also ororo was right:

so was Hellion. I dont know why they keep giving this robot b--ch so many chances! LOL. Oh and look at Psylocke flip flopping

also ororo was right:

You'll have to explain, I dont know what any of this is about. lol

BANNED

IIRC, Karima Shapander was a human cop who got retrofitted with Omega Sentinel programming. The character is interesting and I enjoyed her in Carey's run and I'm happy to see her utilized here, but when it comes down to cold hard facts there was no chance they could trust a hardwired Sentinel IMO. And as for the human-mutant evolution question with Orchis, etc., it looks to me like when it meant a question of getting wiped out or eating good with the humans, Karima chose to stay fed and stay with her tribe. She blames Kurt but my bet is she's just upset the mutants aren't hanging around letting humanity call the plays anymore. A weak ally.

She's not a complete villain - she clearly has misgivings about Mother Mold, unlike the grief-enraged Alia Gregor. But as we see in PoX and Life 9, Sentinel programming will ultimately overwhelm the mutant-sympathetic side of Karima and make her a true blue mutant hunter-killer.

yup the level of control here is unlike anything we have seen before. you're gonna love it.
    Just read the issue - HOLY S#$%! Such a great read. Action packed and had me all in my emotions lol, and have my mind running on where this is going to go. The art was amazing. I am hoping we have this art team for a good long run.I had to say as annoying as I find M's arrogant personality she was a fierce beast I could not get enough of. Storm's creative power usage was awesome and refreshing. I don't care if people feel like it was unnecessary (though I get it) but many fans have been clamoring for creative use of her powers and we finally got a taste (hopefully more to come). It also gave her an interesting role in the story and I could only imagine how being witnessed to the deaths of her teammates (again) could impact her. I'm looking forward to the next issue. So much to unpack from this issue. And lol on Storm being right about killing Karima.

Not to move too quickly from the awesomeness of HoX #4 but anyone see this image from Fearless #3?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptMarve...944448/photo/1

also ororo was right:

Which makes Karima assisting in Scott's death, sad (or hilarious if you prefer) in hindsight. Rachel is closer to Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Not to move too quickly from the awesomeness of HoX #4 but anyone see this image from Fearless #3?

That’s cute. I like the Outfit Storm is wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

so was Hellion. I dont know why they keep giving this robot b--ch so many chances! LOL. Oh and look at Psylocke flip flopping
    lmfao. they most certainly should have pulled the plug on her when they had the chance. she was coldblooded this issue of hox. when was the issue you posted from?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You'll have to explain, I dont know what any of this is about. lol
    see powerpax post. the image was in reference to what omega sentinel did in the hox issue today. the xmen could have succeeded with having far less casualties had she not been alive and put down when ororo recommended it.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    IIRC, Karima Shapander was a human cop who got retrofitted with Omega Sentinel programming. The character is interesting and I enjoyed her in Carey's run and I'm happy to see her utilized here, but when it comes down to cold hard facts there was no chance they could trust a hardwired Sentinel IMO. And as for the human-mutant evolution question with Orchis, etc., it looks to me like when it meant a question of getting wiped out or eating good with the humans, Karima chose to stay fed and stay with her tribe. She blames Kurt but my bet is she's just upset the mutants aren't hanging around letting humanity call the plays anymore. A weak ally.

She's not a complete villain - she clearly has misgivings about Mother Mold, unlike the grief-enraged Alia Gregor. But as we see in PoX and Life 9, Sentinel programming will ultimately overwhelm the mutant-sympathetic side of Karima and make her a true blue mutant hunter-killer.
    hmm she had to have know what master mold purpose was for - it's to kill mutants. maybe she isnt a villain towards mutant but definitely so towards human especially after all that occurred today.

Just read the issue - HOLY S#$%! Such a great read. Action packed and had me all in my emotions lol, and have my mind running on where this is going to go. The art was amazing. I am hoping we have this art team for a good long run.I had to say as annoying as I find M's arrogant personality she was a fierce beast I could not get enough of. Storm's creative power usage was awesome and refreshing. I don't care if people feel like it was unnecessary (though I get it) but many fans have been clamoring for creative use of her powers and we finally got a taste (hopefully more to come). It also gave her an interesting role in the story and I could only imagine how being witnessed to the deaths of her teammates (again) could impact her. I'm looking forward to the next issue. So much to unpack from this issue. And lol on Storm being right about killing Karima.
    what did I tell you lol. anytime a book can make me feel bad for cyclops the writer gets mad props from me lol. this has been the best the xmen have been in eons!!! I'm so ready for Ororo to let everyone know that enough is enough. the mutant population is so close to being wiped completely wiped out so the urgent to protect mutants I can now see will become paramount to Ororo.

And yes yes yes to her using her powers creatively. Who cares if it doesnt make sense we finally got her doing something beyond just shooting lightning. I had zero complaints. and yes that Karima b!tch should have been put out of her misery long ago.

ooh thanks for sharing. no I didn't see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Which makes Karima assisting in Scott's death, sad (or hilarious if you prefer) in hindsight. Rachel is closer to Scott.
    it was sad for me. I felt bad for all the players involved.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s cute. I like the Outfit Storm is wearing.
    the outfit is cute but it looks like Carol can tell something isnt right. it looks like they start by trying to encourage her but then it seems to go downhill. I'm still hoping the little girl doesnt have anything to do with the chaos that is about to ensue there. also, whenever the ish hits the fan I hope Ororo uses lightning to transform to her uniform.

This weeks issue bummed me out, but at least Storm did something creative with her powers for once.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!