Page 411 of 662 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 9921

In the beginning, Storm's whole demeanor screamed not here for the shits. When she sat down, she had her arms crossed and wore a serious expression. Compared to Jean who was grinning, or Nightcrawler who looked more neutral. Yeah, Hickman is planting seeds for a possible conflict between her Xavier. Also, remember Storm has a place in Harlem as well, and she has ties to the neighborhood and its people.

Loved this issue and Storm's depiction in it. I can't believe I'm reading the X Men again and also actually having interest in Storm again but I guess if anyone could do it's Hickman.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think she could have been the one to say no there, but it was a bit of a complicated situation. Like, it was obvious he was being made an example of and maybe they needed that having so many villains on the Island. Still tricky, but that's the hard part in making a nation as Charles said (and spoilers:
    Creed
    end of spoilers is a monster so I won't cry for him lol).

I agree. I was kind of surprised she voted the way she did but spoilers:
    maybe she voted to send him to the krakoa because she knew he wouldnt be tormented and in pain
    end of spoilers . I wonder how this council thing will work as more mutants start to live there and more laws are broken. It will be interesting and I agree to your last point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I personally think her not give a hot damn response to spoilers:
    Creed
    end of spoilers was perfect lol and more in line with the Ororo you know and miss from the Claremont days, Kyss. She ain’t tell no lie and I’m sure she was over his bs for yearsssss now.

Bast bless you and keep you, sir!
    Gurlie when you put it like that you ate absolutely right. it did take me back to the no nonsense ororo of the outback days. she was fun, flirty but would cut a b!tch when she needed. thank you for the sanity check there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    In the beginning, Storm's whole demeanor screoamed not here for the shits. When she sat down, she had her arms crossed and wore a serious expression. Compared to Jean who was grinning, or Nightcrawler who looked more neutral. Yeah, Hickman is planting seeds for a possible conflict between her Xavier. Also, remember Storm has a place in Harlem as well, and she has ties to the neighborhood and its people.
    Yes. I wasnt quite sure how to process her demeanor. She definitely seemed discontent with what was happening but why? Was it because she wasnt fully onboard with what was going on or that she was working alongside so many mutants ? It was not clear why but it definitely was clear she wasnt there for the mess in any form and I'm so happy that informed them that mutants shouldnt be limited to just the land of krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Loved this issue and Storm's depiction in it. I can't believe I'm reading the X Men again and also actually having interest in Storm again but I guess if anyone could do it's Hickman.
    why did you lose interest in storm?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I think Ororo was just highly suspicious about sharing council space with Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Shaw, Mystique, etc. and not here for mischief. But it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think Ororo was just highly suspicious about sharing council space with Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Shaw, Mystique, etc. and not here for mischief. But it worked out.
    Oh for suuuuuuure lol you knew when she sat down, arms crossed and with that don’t “Don’t F with me” glare that she was not here to play games and had the omega level thunderclap waiting at the door if any of the ruffians got outta line. Jean DEFINITELY felt the temp drop about 12 degrees every one of them said some dumb sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    yea those were my thoughts as well. I'm curious to see how they all work together moving forward. it's crazy how many of them have such bad history and blood in this moment they are able to put it aside.

oan and lighter note I wanted to see more of ororo celebrating at the end. her flying blissfully in the air would have been a great send off for me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Gurlie when you put it like that you ate absolutely right. it did take me back to the no nonsense ororo of the outback days. she was fun, flirty but would cut a b!tch when she needed. thank you for the sanity check there lol.
    Lol yesssss I can totally see them all expecting Ororo to take a more sympathetic approach and being shocked when she responded in .2 seconds flat “Nah, yeet his ass” lolololllll

Oh for suuuuuuure lol you knew when she sat down, arms crossed and with that don’t “Don’t F with me” glare that she was not here to play games and had the omega level thunderclap waiting at the door if any of the ruffians got outta line. Jean DEFINITELY felt the temp drop about 12 degrees every one of them said some dumb sh*t!
    I would love to know more of Hickman thoughts on ororo. the artist shows great detail in ororo distaste of everything. from her visual displeasure to ororo walking out without looking back as Jean, kurt and others respectfully stopped what they were doing to listen to his thoughts. it was great read but the visual representation of emotions and thoughts going through her mind was also just a fabulous.

Lol yesssss I can totally see them all expecting Ororo to take a more sympathetic approach and being shocked when she responded in .2 seconds flat “Nah, yeet his ass” lolololllll
    bish not yeet his ass lololol.. yes from the time she walked into that roo. and Jean was trying to have small talk, proto looking straight forward as she walked in clearly showed the time for jokes and games were over. poor creed maybe he caught her on a bad day lol.

bish not yeet his ass lololol.. yes from the time she walked into that roo. and Jean was trying to have small talk, proto looking straight forward as she walked in clearly showed the time for jokes and games were over. poor creed maybe he caught her on a bad day lol.
    It would be so great if Coates writes it as though this is where she came from in the last issue of BP when she was dealing with X-men business and then showed up in costume. At least that's my head canon and it fits perfectly. Council, say you got other stuff on the outside world, go visit ya manz. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

why did you lose interest in storm?
    Honestly part of it was the back and fourth between the overzealous fans during and after the marriage years plus AVX plus the aftermath disrespectful writings of T Challa on the X side sealed it for me. Now as stated by Marvell2100 I had to realize that the characters don't write themselves and I had to regrow interest in the character.
    Last edited by Shadey; 10-02-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It would be so great if Coates writes it as though this is where she came from in the last issue of BP when she was dealing with X-men business and then showed up in costume. At least that's my head canon and it fits perfectly. Council, say you got other stuff on the outside world, go visit ya manz. lol
    yes boo!!! I would be totally here for this and its mine too. I'm ready for them have this discussion about his decision and for him to follow suit after she gives him the kitty. all things will be just fine....

t'choro forever!!!

Honestly part of it was the back and fourth the the overzealous fans during and after the marriage years plus AVX plus the aftermath disrespectful writings of T Challa on the X side sealed it for me. Now as stated by Marvell2100 I had to realize that the characters don't write themselves and I had to regrow interest in the character.
    just know you can always be honest. during that time I wasnt aware of the xoffices pettiness but as I became more cognizant a lot of the complaints BP fans made the were fair. it became painfully clear for me when Guggenheim the xmen gold writer made it his mission to write contradictory stories to counter the ones coates had written.

what specifically did you like about her characterization in today's issue? are you liking how coates write her?

just know you can always be honest. during that time I wasnt aware of the xoffices pettiness but as I became more cognizant a lot of the complaints BP fans made the were fair. it became painfully clear for me when Guggenheim the xmen gold writer made it his mission to write contradictory stories to counter the ones coates had written.

what specifically did you like about her characterization in today's issue? are you liking how coates write her?
    I've been liking Hickman writing her as headstrong and showing her influential leadership qualities that she had back in the day. Especially today showing her willing to state her own opinion in the council meeting and I did too like the Sabertooth shade lol. As for Coates, his writing of BP and Wakanda in general is terrible and I dream of the day he leaves the book but I do think he writes a good Storm (Except for forcing her into the Wakandan god pantheon which I'm very much not a fan of).

I've been liking Hickman writing her as headstrong and showing her influential leadership qualities that she had back in the day. Especially today showing her willing to state her own opinion in the council meeting and I did too like the Sabertooth shade lol. As for Coates, his writing of BP and Wakanda in general is terrible and I dream of the day he leaves the book but I do think he writes a good Storm (Except for forcing her into the Wakandan god pantheon which I'm very much not a fan of).
    I liked those things about her characterization as well. after ororo101 mentioned it ororo definitely was giving me Claremont outback vibes.

I love coates ororo and her interaction with black panther. do you think her being a wakandan God cheapens the pantheon? why are you not a fan of it?