Page 185 of 662 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love that gif! Her hands move from her thighs to the high heavens. Storm is like "look bitches and watch me werk!" lol. It's hard to believe but when I saw the first episode of X-Men Cyclops was my favorite. I was a kid, maybe 12 or 13 and I thought it was so cool to be able to look at something and shoot power from your eyes. Then that's when I saw Storm flying, shooting lightning, making it rain and little did I know that was just a small portion of what she could do. As I watched more episodes I saw the the breathtaking dramatics of when she used her powers especially in this video. Using mist to see invisible lasers, summing winds of antarctica so cold they make ice, literally riding tornadoes and hurricanes. I loved when she used her control of air to lift her and the x-men up to the rooftop to fight the inner circle. This video of the Queen and Goddess has me gagging! Didn't even realize til watching it again that she made ice turn to damn steam. Yes GAWD!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fz93UFClpo&t=56s
    Welcome fellow Storm Fan. All of that you said is why I love Storm as well.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed with Storm Phoenix. The relationship was important, pivotal and influential but I don't think it was her most important. I think the "most important" relationships change based on the direction of the book she is in. T'Challa, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Yukio, Callisto, Rachel Grey, Kitty Pryde, Gambit, etc. all were influential roles of varying impact on Storm. I'm ready for her to explore and get further panel development time with relationships that have been fermenting and have so much potential. Sue Storm, Carol, Mrinn, Yukio, the UN, etc. would be great to explore.
    one of the relationships that I was hoping would have been handled better was that between her and Jean. I was hoping they would catch up on ororos life since her "death" but their relationship has been more formal than familial. I hope this changes moving beyond age of x.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love that gif! Her hands move from her thighs to the high heavens. Storm is like "look bitches and watch me werk!" lol. It's hard to believe but when I saw the first episode of X-Men Cyclops was my favorite. I was a kid, maybe 12 or 13 and I thought it was so cool to be able to look at something and shoot power from your eyes. Then that's when I saw Storm flying, shooting lightning, making it rain and little did I know that was just a small portion of what she could do. As I watched more episodes I saw the the breathtaking dramatics of when she used her powers especially in this video. Using mist to see invisible lasers, summing winds of antarctica so cold they make ice, literally riding tornadoes and hurricanes. I loved when she used her control of air to lift her and the x-men up to the rooftop to fight the inner circle. This video of the Queen and Goddess has me gagging! Didn't even realize til watching it again that she made ice turn to damn steam. Yes GAWD!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fz93UFClpo&t=56s
    I love that clip of her quotes. it always amazes me how much this cartoon and specifically storm influenced so many people. it's a shame what she could have been had marvel not sold the rights of the xmen movies/merchandise to fox.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not sure how credible this is but it's very encouraging:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ne-xmen-movie/

Our source says this is just an idea they’re toying with, as Kevin Feige and co. are more interested in giving the spotlight to Storm, Scott and a few of the other heroes who may not’ve gotten as much time to shine as they should’ve in Fox’s films. Even if he doesn’t appear in the first movie though, that doesn’t mean Logan won’t be in the MCU.

I'm hopeful we get solo movies to introduce the characters that lead up to an eventual xmen team movie.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/major-x-mother-storm/
    So what do Storm fans think about this major X development by Liefeld?
    If you are thinking small picture you are probably annoyed with it as Storm fan, If you are thinking big picture it puts Storm on the same level as Cyclops in a sense. Cyclops has Cable and Rachel, Storm has Major X and Khymera in the X-universe which has been Summers centric at times if a good creator could pick up these characters and tell Storm focused stories in the X-men. As someone who wants to see minorities used more in comics Major X is the first major black character to be used in the forefront since Bishop and unlike say Prodigy, Triage, Darwin, etc ,The character is built to be used in spotlight and has potential for a solo.

The reality is though that with Hickman pushing new direction and Liefeld not having amazing pull anymore the plus the story is written in away that it can be ignored. The story will probably be ignored for awhile and good chance never really used again. That said Liefeld has a history of creating characters that have sticking power even if mostly from other creators work on them so don't quite count it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If you are thinking small picture you are probably annoyed with it as Storm fan, If you are thinking big picture it puts Storm on the same level as Cyclops in a sense. Cyclops has Cable and Rachel, Storm has Major X and Khymera in the X-universe which has been Summers centric at times if a good creator could pick up these characters and tell Storm focused stories in the X-men. As someone who wants to see minorities used more in comics Major X is the first major black character to be used in the forefront since Bishop and unlike say Prodigy, Triage, Darwin, etc ,The character is built to be used in spotlight and has potential for a solo.

The reality is though that with Hickman pushing new direction and Liefeld not having amazing pull anymore the plus the story is written in away that it can be ignored. The story will probably be ignored for awhile and good chance never really used again. That said Liefeld has a history of creating characters that have sticking power even if mostly from other creators work on them so don't quite count it out.
    question and this is not to sound snarky but why would fans want ororo to be on the level of cyclops by way of having kids from alternate timelines? if anything this gives traction to a character no one asked for and takes away from stories of characters that already exist, primarily speaking ororo. additionally as you mentioned there is kymera which hasnt been seen in the goddess knows how long. nevertheless, ororo doesnt need random kids popping up to take away from her when there are still things like her magical heritage, her being a goddess, and her ancestry being things that havent been thoroughly explored.

I personally think what liefeld did was tacky and it redirects from the storytelling and real development happening with this character as chronicled in the BP books. to me this was some cheap thrills type garbage and it doesnt give her an identity or tie to something beyond the xmen. so I disagree with people not interested in this summarized to thinking small picture.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-18-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    question and this is not to sound snarky but why would fans want ororo to be on the level of cyclops by way of having kids from alternate timelines? if anything this gives traction to a character no one asked for and takes away from stories of characters that already exist, primarily speaking ororo. additionally as you mentioned there is kymera which hasnt been seen in the goddess knows how long.

I personally think what liefeld did was tacky and it redirects from the storytelling and real development happening with this character as chronicled in the BP books. to me this was some cheap thrills type garbage and it doesnt give her an identity or tie to something beyond the xmen. so I disagree with people not interested in this summarized to thinking small picture.
    Mentioning Cyclops level is just to show how thing in the X-universe tend to flow around the Summers family. It is not a competition to create alternate children for character for significance that is not I am trying to imply. I am more saying in hands of willing writers stories could move around Storm family in way it does around Magneto,Xavier or Grey/Summers.

What Liefeld did doesn't redirect from anything unless they do something which means them telling actually stories. It is only tacky if you think Black Panther and Ororo meant to be together. Which to me is a lost cause not because I don't like Storm and Black Panther but because Storm and BP are divorced and T'Challa will get a new love interest at some point because that is nature of comics. Also I didn't say people not interested in it are thinking in small picture, I said people annoyed by it are thinking in the small picture. Someone flesh out Major X is into a meaningful character it means Storm gets some shine and other way to use her stories as well. Bigger picture it could open stories. You not being interested in it is fine,You not like it is fine. In the grand scheme there is more positive than negative imo. A possible loving relationship with a son,a glimpse into how she would be as mother by stories from Major X, Interesting interactions with Cable, Interesting interactions with Black Panther because of him,etc
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-18-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Mentioning Cyclops level is just to show how thing in the X-universe tend to flow around the Summers family. It is not a competition to create alternate children for character for significance that is not I am trying to imply. I am more saying in hands of willing writers stories could move around Storm family in way it does around Magneto,Xavier or Grey/Summers.

What Liefeld did doesn't redirect from anything unless they do something which means them telling actually stories. It is only tacky if you think Black Panther and Ororo meant to be together. Which to me is a lost cause not because I don't like Storm and Black Panther but because Storm and BP are divorced and T'Challa will get a new love interest at some point because that is nature of comics. Also I didn't say people not interested in it are thinking in small picture, I said people annoyed by it are thinking in the small picture. Someone flesh out Major X is into a meaningful character it means Storm gets some shine and other way to use her stories as well. Bigger picture it could open stories. You not being interested in it is fine,You not like it is fine. In the grand scheme there is more positive than negative imo. A possible loving relationship with a son,a glimpse into how she would be as mother by stories from Major X, Interesting interactions with Cable, Interesting interactions with Black Panther because of him,etc
    1. that is exactly my problem with the x-universe that storylines center around summers/grey. Ororo doesnt need to be added to that convoluted mess imho. The MU is so much more than that and any children that came from the summers/grey would ultimately tie back to them somehow. I think ororo is so much than that which is why I'm liking her branching out and impacting circles beyond the xbooks such as being in fearless where she is working alongside captain marvel and sue storm, or the development she has gotten in BP.

2. I would disagree it's a lost cause pairing bp/storm because they are currently together and much of her recent developments have happened by way of the BP offices. their offices explored the ties her father had to Harlem, as well as expound on a storyline that happened over 20 years ago with the reasoning why Adversary was afraid of Ororo so many years ago. It has nothing to do with cyclops or Jean and it could potentially lead to world building that is specific to her and her family without the gimmicks that come with major x. what exactly have the xoffices brought us? a child with cable and playing as one of the Summers/grey puppet in an alternate universe? I will take what is happening in BP any day over the xoffices shock and awe, empty stories.

nevertheless, I think people who are annoyed with it because they are thinking big and this is something else that looks to keep her from being nothing more than an xman - something forge verbally abused her with before calling off their relationship. but as you said, since this is a child from an alternate timeline and seeing Hickman is about to correct the ship I dont see any of this going beyond the book it is occurring in so it's not that serious for me at least.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Just looked at Iron Fist #15, and I just saw the queen getting splurtched.

It wasn't that bad. Could be an interesting Storm issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Just looked at Iron Fist #15, and I just saw the queen getting splurtched.

Just reminds me that Marvel has still done nothing with Storm's ability to manipulate matter on a atomic/molecular level.
    Attachment 83581
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-19-2019 at 06:52 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Storm Godhead sighting in Shuri #9 y’all, go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Storm Godhead sighting in Shuri #9 y’all, go check it out!
    thank you for the info. it was a nice issue. and muti is a cutie. heeeeeyyyyy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It wasn't that bad. Could be an interesting Storm issue.

Just reminds me that Marvel has still done nothing with Storm's ability to manipulate matter on a atomic/molecular level.
    Attachment 83581
    I think the last time we saw her do any of this was in her solo:

so just reread shuri and we now have a little more information about her godhead:

spoilers:

so it appears her godhead ability is not always active and can be triggered by external stimuli causing her to transform into her goddess form. in this case the external stimuli was the mind altering fungus.

this ability was powerful enough to concern the ancestors' spirit of wakanda guiding shuri.

still dont see or understand exactly what the difference is here versus her regular ability. hope this is explained at some point
    end of spoilers

I still didnt see any difference between
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so just reread shuri and we now have a little more information about her godhead:

spoilers:

so it appears her godhead ability is not always active and can be triggered by external stimuli causing her to transform into her goddess form. in this case the external stimuli was the mind altering fungus.

this ability was powerful enough to concern the ancestors' spirit of wakanda guiding shuri.

still dont see or understand exactly what the difference is here versus her regular ability. hope this is explained at some point
    end of spoilers

I still didnt see any difference between
    Any additional info on what Storm did/her role? I’ll probably get this later today.

I've been a Storm and Cable shipper for years so this was a welcomed surprise to me. I want to see how it plays out long terms before I make up my mind fully, but for now you can say I am intrigued.