Page 226 of 662 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Norrin Radd, Monica Rambeau, Superman?
    no beloved. just no. shes not light speed. not yet at least. we still have not seen the upper limit to her abilities especially in regards to her goddess abilities
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Monica should be able to do actual lightspeed. Without mitigating wind resistance by bending the atmosphere around her body, Storm should not be able to do actual lightspeed(as lightning is slowed down by air molecules), but it is possible she could bend the air around herself and transcend the air resistance limitation.

Superman and Silver Surfer both can exceed lightspeed, so Storm can't keep up with them without some random magical goddess stuff thrown in.
    If we can get an actual panel of Goddess Storm flying at some form of Speed then YES. She would be Lightspeed haha. But I see what you mean in regular Storm achieving Lightspeed, but in comics we have no proof of her actually doing that.

There have been some panels of Storm appearing to ride or even teleport through lightning, including her very first appearance, but they are so rare and inconsistent that I accept that my idea of her being able to approach lightspeed by moving the air around her is more my own head canon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

There have been some panels of Storm appearing to ride or even teleport through lightning, including her very first appearance, but they are so rare and inconsistent that I accept that my idea of her being able to approach lightspeed by moving the air around her is more my own head canon.
    No, I agree. There are panels that show the exact thing your saying, but the art makes it look very strange. I'm just saying it's hard to prove it when it's inconsistent as you said.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

more than Two times is canon for me...

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Morrison got to write her in New X-men 132

I loved that Morrison used Storm in New X-men (as well as Neal, Sage, and Bishop). While the New X-men team wasn't' very diverse we still had X-treme X-men where Storm was the leader and the star. Those were some good days.

I think Morrison did well with Storm and her "voice" in that issue. I love her relationship with Xavier.

Morrison clearly handled Ororo with respect, even if she didn't do all that much and it was only one issue. The one-two combination of New and X-Treme was an exciting time for the franchise, though. I like that Morrison did extend a slight hand to the X-Treme cast, even if he was still just mainly using his tight cast and new characters. I also loved what Claremont did with Morrison's ideas, especially in the later part of X-Treme, such as the mutant town in California, and online extremism in response to the mutant population surge, or those issues where they confront the school over harboring a student who had murdered an innocent housekeeper(and Storm fights/teams up with Emma).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-16-2019 at 06:17 PM.

My favorite issues of X-treme were when Claremont used the New X-men cast

It was clear that Morrison had mad respect for CC and his XXM, but didn't give a **** to what was happening in Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    It was clear that Morrison had mad respect for CC and his XXM, but didn't give a **** to what was happening in Uncanny.
    Yeah, nobody cared about Uncanny! Although, given what we have had to endure since, maybe those comics weren't so bad after all. I kinda loved Warren's leather daddy look, and Stacy-X and the rest of the brothel mutants were, um, let's say creative, at least.

Yeah, nobody cared about Uncanny! Although, given what we have had to endure since, maybe those comics weren't so bad after all. I kinda loved Warren's leather daddy look, and Stacy-X and the rest of the brothel mutants were, um, let's say creative, at least.
    Casey's run was great, I love it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I didn't even know there was another run besides Morrion's and Claremont's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Casey's run was great, I love it.
    Yeah, the earliest part was fine (Casey only had about 15 issues though). I guess it mostly starts getting the hate around Austin's era, which lasted all the way through till the end of Morrison's run and just beyond(until Lord Claremont returned to Uncanny after X-Treme was ended).

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    lol!

Yeah, there was New, X-Treme, and Uncanny going at the time, not to mention Ultimate. X-Men were on top of the world back then, just before the fire nation attac-, I mean, Quesada "No More Mutant"-ed them.

It sucks that Uncanny was so bad bc Austen had a pretty solid cast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Really or are you just shading it? Uncanny was the original and sold better than X-treme by a significant amount. Hard that a person wouldnt know that it was still going