Page 401 of 662 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    all of ice dispenser fight scenes from dark Phoenix including her new powers. enjoy

Did y’all hear summ? Hm. Me neither.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think the whole point of the resurrection thing is knowing that you are going to face villains. If you died of old age why wait to get old? Get your new younger body now.

If you're going to be resurrected then you wouldn't care if you died. What's the point of being scared if you know you're coming back.

You'd just go kamikaze in a fight and wake up happy.

How many X-Men, since inception, has actually died of old age?
    to the bolded...
    I honestly don't think that that's how the X-Men see it or even how the writers see it but...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    This, I get that people don't like the fact that the ressurceted aren't possibly 100% themselves again, but the alternative is that they're... dead. I don't know why anyone would say no to being in a "different" body to get another chance just because they're only maybe 98% of their old self. It's not like it's a ritual eveyone goes through, it's a necessary last resort to keep the mutants alive.
    That’s my question too except for as far as we know it’s their EXACT body grown from THEIR tissue using THEIR specific dna genetic code. So in the end what is the difference?? That’s the answer I can’t seem to get from those who think the “cloning” is creepy. How is it anymore more creepy than any of the other contrived ways that people have been brought back to life in the comics medium? Who is going out of there way to be reckless and die for the hell of it because they know they’ll be brought back? It doesn’t make sense to me but I respect opposing opinions for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That's possible and more likely that's actually what happened.

But my question why hasn't any of the OTHER Orisha spoken up yet. It seems Bast is the only one bustin moves. But there's silence with the Others. PERSONALLY, I THINK the Orisha will come to blows with the Hadari Yao. Because to them(IMO) it seems like Storm stole their worshipers.......they may not like that or a New God(Hadari Yao) going around taking Worshipers.

But who knows. This story is very long, and it doesn't help that it comes out what Once a month??
    Alright. That would be cool if Storm went to war with Gods.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

you know I just had a theory of why the gods disappeared. the wakandans in the zamj region contained s larger number of worshippers who prayed to them and the gods were automatically called to them. what do you and others who wsnt to speculate think of this rationale?
    That's what Bast said in the Jen Bartel issue. But its kinda flimsy since they had to have been really big for probably hundreds of years and Bast stayed in touch with Earth. A theory Im starting to work on is that because Tchalla went into the past, she went with him, but disappeared from Earth sometime after giving him KoTD powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Might as well.

Aren't Gods selfish and Jelly when it comes to one God being worshiped more than the other??? At least that's what i've learned in Greek and Norse Mythology......

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    That’s my question too except for as far as we know it’s their EXACT body grown from THEIR tissue using THEIR specific dna genetic code. So in the end what is the difference?? That’s the answer I can’t seem to get from those who think the “cloning” is creepy. How is it anymore more creepy than any of the other contrived ways that people have been brought back to life in the comics medium? Who is going out of there way to be reckless and die for the hell of it because they know they’ll be brought back? It doesn’t make sense to me but I respect opposing opinions for sure.
    It almost couldn't be more clear in the issue that Hickman was trying to convince everyone that the resurrected are the same people. I understand caution but eh I just really like the fact that Hickman has finally put mutants at the top by defeating death.

I'm not even going to entertain the idea since it's too perfect of a book to ever be approved.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought so. It was on the Moon. But I got it now in a Different Galaxy.

The Ice Dispense is creative, but embarrassing. Her Wind Burst Was Cool. Her Lightning is ok, but it sounds like I don’t know how to explain it like rope flicking everywhere. The Space feat was also very creative.

The Best Scene IMO our of the whole movie is Storms Train Fight......

my favorite scene was when she created all the tornadoes that was somehow unable to take the jets before the xjet was downed. I dont think the jets would be able to dodge tornadoes like that in real life but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I still can't believe they're going down this path and that every mutant is okay with it.
    yea their approach to addressing all mutants previously killed is one that makes death cheap as they can just be resurrected but I dont mind this because it allows for a soft reboot without the need to reboot the entire franchise in an effort to streamline the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Powerpax you made that point that she was dropped FROM THE TEAM due to an editorial push. I implied that the same exact thing happened to Emma once. She WAS DROPPED FROM THE TEAM DUE TO AN EDITORIAL PUSH. On the same token, editorial still found a way to keep her relevant to mutant issues even though she was NOT an X-Men member at the time. If I'm guilty of conflating anything it's your point about Storm holding viewing mutant and X-Men issues as one and the same. All mutants aren't X-Men. All mutants do NOT view Krakoa in the same light. We know definitely Namor doesn't.

You say the Storm you're familiar with would undoubtedly be all for Krakoa the mutant nation even after we know the readers know that Magneto has been threatening human ambassadors. "You have new gods" but when has that ever been Storm? Not only has she NOT referred to herself as the one true Hadari Yao of legend to the power of a goddess, but she scolded T'Challa in his comic under Priest about potentially becoming just like Magneto. How does that Storm compute with this talking head of a motivational speaker that's on the knew Krakoa? As it stands I don't feel we've been given enough information to say that Storm is totally down with this new mission. Nothing about it seems genuine to Storm.

Even during the outback era when she was at her most deadly we still know that she was pro-human/mutant relations. I never said she needs to leave the team. And I never said you said she needs to leave the team. I said the X-books can certainly find a way to make sense of her time away from a mutant team setting to show that she's still an advocate for mutant issues. That's clearly what was done with Emma. I don't care that YOU want to stress the idea that she's on a team now. That's not at all the point I was making. You assumed it was.

You believe the Storm that's pro-mutant issues to the point where nothing else matters to her is the real Storm, I disagree. I feel that the Storm that comes to life in this new social media age would bot have the luxury of focusing solely on mutant issues without focusing on her intersectionality. There would be no way for her to look at the state of the X-Men and the clear lack of diversity and NOT lift her voice to focus on black mutants specifically. Who else on the council of 12 would realistically have the best interests of African mutants at heart when not a single one of them can spark up a real conversation about the utter lack of prominent black Male mutants. In a world where we have to push to turn Magneto black for more diversity, you honestly think Storm as a self aware black woman wouldn't notice? That's fine I'd that's the Storm you're familiar with, but to me it brings false. I just cannot get behind a Storm that regurgitates everything Xavier and Magneto spit out. I know some people champion that Storm, but not me. And it's sad that she can't have her own voice for issues that effect mutants like that look like her. We know for a fact that there are double standards for black mutants. Bishop would be more prominent and Storm wouldn't need a mandate to lead a team and she certainly wouldn't be taking a back seat to white mutants that are only advocates for the white mutant majority. It doesn't make sense for Storm.

The X-Men writers aren't bold enough to actually take her in that direction. You prove why it's so safe of an option. Your idea of Storm is mutant first with no sense of the nuance her particular brand of intersectionality or how it would inform her personsal message of mutant and proud. You hold Krakoa as some parallel to Israel. Ilhan Omar is very critical of Isreal and the human rights violations. That does not mean she's antisemitic. Everything you've said in this thread in regards to the points I've made illustrates that YOUR version of Storm is beholden to Krakoa (Isreal) even though they've already had documented proof that one of the leaders of the new movement Magneto, isnt above threatening and intimidating humans to achieve his ends. The current writers need to show why she's ok with following the Magneto of Krakoa when she's seen calling his particular behavior out and condemning T'Challa for the same exact reasons. You can have your Storm that doesn't question, but just follow orders. She's not Cyclops. She doesn't do things because they need doing without understanding why it needs to be done. If Ororo isnt voicing concerns for the mutants that don't have a voice at the council, what purpose does she serve other than a mouthpiece to calm the community and stir the black mutant voter base into action on election day?
    Wow!!! you are really preaching in here today!!!! I love the parallel you mentioned about Congresswoman Omar. Very spot on!!!

That's possible and more likely that's actually what happened.

But my question why hasn't any of the OTHER Orisha spoken up yet. It seems Bast is the only one bustin moves. But there's silence with the Others. PERSONALLY, I THINK the Orisha will come to blows with the Hadari Yao. Because to them(IMO) it seems like Storm stole their worshipers.......they may not like that or a New God(Hadari Yao) going around taking Worshipers.

But who knows. This story is very long, and it doesn't help that it comes out what Once a month??
    I think there could possibly be some type of adversarial interaction with the Oriishas but how it has been set up the Wakandans seem happy because since the Orishas return everything has gone back to normal. This was with Ororo still being in Wakanda where she again renounced the title of being a goddess.

I would like to better understand how the Orisha work and how they work in relation to bast as well. It just seems that there is so much to explore here so I hope coates has the ability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think we haven't seen it because it might connect to where Storm got her god hood. Would be nice if they gave Coates a mini or a maxi to expound on that. He had tchalla go out of his way to specifically mention that Storm by blood has god hood. So where exactly in her line does it come from. Could it be the orisha? Is it really Gaia. Being blessed by the goos is different than divinity by blood which would suggest one of her ancestors actually had a relationship with a god or goddess.
    yes I think I think it definitely is implied that she was given this power by way of her ancestors so it was either through her father or mother who this ability was based down from to Ororo. I hope he is given a mini to explore this as well.

Actually, that's correct. If Storm's Godhood is by Blood then Storm is directly related to an actual God. My money is on Oshtur the only God that seemed to take a liking to Storm's people. But then we got Gaea......so who knows. But I believe the Wakandan Gods are not going to like Storm. I'm waiting for them to speak up and say something. Because IF half or all of Wakanda is worshiping Storm the Hadari Yao more than Bast or the rest of the Orisha etc. I'm sure they will be offended and or pissed.
    I think that they are back to worshipping the Orisha. Ororo even mentioned that she think they are back because everyone was happy and Wakanda was happy. I dont think at this point they have any issues with Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Did y’all hear summ? Hm. Me neither.

this is actually what I was hoping the first solo would be about but we never got that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what Bast said in the Jen Bartel issue. But its kinda flimsy since they had to have been really big for probably hundreds of years and Bast stayed in touch with Earth. A theory Im starting to work on is that because Tchalla went into the past, she went with him, but disappeared from Earth sometime after giving him KoTD powers.
    I dont recall bast saying this explicitly. I will reread it to double check.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

all of ice dispenser fight scenes from dark Phoenix including her new powers. enjoy

I was done with this young Storm version when they changed some of her origin and linked much of her powers to Apocalypse. If I recall correctly, she didn't even have white hair until Apocalypse.

BANNED

I think there could possibly be some type of adversarial interaction with the Oriishas but how it has been set up the Wakandans seem happy because since the Orishas return everything has gone back to normal. This was with Ororo still being in Wakanda where she again renounced the title of being a goddess.

I think that they are back to worshipping the Orisha. Ororo even mentioned that she think they are back because everyone was happy and Wakanda was happy. I dont think at this point they have any issues with Ororo.
    If, that's the case where does that Leave the Hadari Yao. That's great Wakanda is happy and the Orisha are back. But what about the Hadari Yao. I'm sure they have not forgotten Storm, but I mean it's been quite some time since the last mention of Hadari Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I was done with this young Storm version when they changed some of her origin and linked much of her powers to Apocalypse. If I recall correctly, she didn't even have white hair until Apocalypse.
    child that thing was an abomination. you are absolutely correct. her origins in becoming "storm" were tied to apocalypse and it wasnt until he unlocked her full potential did her be one that off color white/gray with black roots. it's a mess. and not only that, they had her worshipping mystique of all characters with posters on her apartment talking about her being the savior of all mutants. it was one of the worst origins I have even seen. they butchered it to where the character wasnt even recognizable in my opinion.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If, that's the case where does that Leave the Hadari Yao. That's great Wakanda is happy and the Orisha are back. But what about the Hadari Yao. I'm sure they have not forgotten Storm, but I mean it's been quite some time since the last mention of Hadari Yao.
    you know that's a great question. I'm not sure it does anything or goes anywhere unless she embraces the power that lies within. at this point at least it doesnt appear she wants to embrace the power associated with being the goddess of balance.

BANNED

You don't mean by herself do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    You don't mean by herself do you?
    I'm most certainly sure he meant by herself. did you witness the POWER and GLORY of the HADARI YAO when she defeated Adversary??? she was described as a BIGGER God than He.

all praises to the Hadari Yao. May her will always be done!!!

#neverforget
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-30-2019 at 01:13 PM.