Page 302 of 662 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    outside of Claremont what other writers do you think captured her voice well? I thought pak was cool but he had her apologizing too much. I like coates obviously. there not many more I can think of where they dont write her over the top or just completely bad.

I think the curse of the mutants writer and world apart writers were also good.

I think the black girl doesnt know what that was. maybe it was given to her without her knowing it's real purpose.
    Outside of Claremont. I thought Pak "Storm" 2nd Solo(2014), Warren Ellis "Storm" 1st Solo(1996), Eric Jerome Dickey "Storm" Mini Series (2006), Marc Sumerak "Ororo: Before The Storm" (2005), Chuck Kim "X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Storm and Gambit", Nnedi Okorafor "X-Men: Wakanda Forever" and "Avengers: Wakanda Forever", Christopher Yost "Worlds Apart", Scott Lobdell "X-Men Unlimited". IMO these writers where pretty Good for Storm and I think they captured her voice and powers very well. As for Coates he's OK. He's not the BEST, but he's good. Although, i'd like for him to write her a bit more for a better handle on how he really views and see's Storm.

Katie created that device. I'm sure she has some thing to do with it.

With agricultural farming being the leading producer of the CO2 emissions that are the cause of global warming, ocean acidification, and natural habitat reduction, I don’t see it being strange at all that Ororo would be vegan. Not even vegan myself so not pushing any “agenda” but facts are facts and I think Ororo would put the health of the Earth over a cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Lol. Why are you guys against this? I say this as someone who isn’t vegan or vegetarian.
    Very curious myself actually lol

I think Kyss is just pointing out the writer not following canon, which proves Storm isn’t a vegan/vegetarian, and was projecting her own perception of Storm being one based on her profound respect for the health/well being of the planet.

BANNED

Storm going Vegan isn't really that much of a problem. I mean sure we see Storm eating a Hamburger, but like when is the LAST time you've seen Storm eat meat????

For all we know Storm could have changed her mind since then.....

I’ve always viewed Ororo as a naturalist when it comes to food. She respects all life but is willing to eat meat as long as it is needed and respectfully killed. I seriously have a hard time seeing her eat processed burgers that are from a slaughterhouse factory that doesn’t respect the animals. That was a serious WTF for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think Kyss is just pointing out the writer not following canon, which proves Storm isn’t a vegan/vegetarian, and was projecting her own perception of Storm being one based on her profound respect for the health/well being of the planet.
    Ohhh I see. And fair enough tbh. But I think Stormphoenix is right too in the fact that people grow and change their habits as they get older sometimes according to new things they learn and different things that they try. All of my vegan friends were not vegan at some point and either decided that route for themselves due to environmental or animal rights reasons. I can see Storm seeing the damage that carbon dioxide emissions have done to our planet at a rapidly alarming rate and decide not to contribute in that was any more. Don’t see it as any more of an “agenda” push than having her eat a cheeseburger in her solo is an agenda push for beef corporations. I honestly don’t even see Storm throwing down on a hamburger frequently myself but that’s just personal perception.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Co-sign. Oh And Storm's a Vegetarian again ::roll eyes::
    So it’s a fact that animal agriculture is one of the biggest contributors to species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction...but you think it’s corny or something for Storm to be a vegetarian?

Storm not being veggie/vegan in 2019 is just poor writing.

Edit: In one of her very first appearances in the 70s we see her calling out Logan for hunting. Veganism is a natural progression for the character.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 08-21-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Fully agree with this!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So it’s a fact that animal agriculture is one of the biggest contributors to species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction...but you think it’s corny or something for Storm to be a vegetarian?

Storm not being veggie/vegan in 2019 is just poor writing.
    Indigenous populations for thousands of years were not vegan or vegetarian yet they were able to not destroy their environments. It is all about sustainable practices which I think Storm would be in favor of..its more than simply eating meat is bad and not eating meat is good. I mean soy production is just as harmful to the environment due to the corporatization of these industries and how there is a push for high yield in the production of goods,including those that are considered good.

Mighty Member

I'd love to see Storm and Krakoa bonding. She has the power to make Krakoa stronger. While Hickman had made me happy overall, I do wish he was more of a Storm fan. With that said, her future looks even brighter for the MCU. Outside Logan, Xavier and Magneto, she has the most potential of expanding out the XMEN especially after BP and CM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Indigenous populations for thousands of years were not vegan or vegetarian yet they were able to not destroy their environments. It is all about sustainable practices which I think Storm would be in favor of..its more than simply eating meat is bad and not eating meat is good. I mean soy production is just as harmful to the environment due to the corporatization of these industries and how there is a push for high yield in the production of goods,including those that are considered good.
    Indigenous populations did not number in the tens of millions. Animal agriculture is not sustainable or ethical if you value animal/plant life(Storm does). 98% of soy meal is for feeding livestock.

There’s a huge difference between indigenous populations partaking in eating meat and giant corporations causing major degradation in land and water. Even if corporations are held accountable for the amount of waste or pollution they introduce in the ecosystems, our consumption pattern is still gonna need to heavily change and I can see Ororo making that change very early. I doubt she would ever participate in that system, especially one so harmful to the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    With agricultural farming being the leading producer of the CO2 emissions that are the cause of global warming, ocean acidification, and natural habitat reduction, I don’t see it being strange at all that Ororo would be vegan. Not even vegan myself so not pushing any “agenda” but facts are facts and I think Ororo would put the health of the Earth over a cheeseburger.
    Yeah this was my thinking. Also that since shes connected and feels a bond with all life to the point she feels bad about hurting bees it makes sense she at least wouldn't eat meat produced inhumanely.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    exactly beloved.

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm going Vegan isn't really that much of a problem. I mean sure we see Storm eating a Hamburger, but like when is the LAST time you've seen Storm eat meat????

For all we know Storm could have changed her mind since then.....
    when was the last time we saw any if the xmen eating meat? Ororo's ideals towards life is not something that just happened. Shes always had a respect towards life since she first killed a man in self defense. Over the many, many years this is the first time EVER she has been stated as such. If she was going to make a change like this I see it happening way before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    I’ve always viewed Ororo as a naturalist when it comes to food. She respects all life but is willing to eat meat as long as it is needed and respectfully killed. I seriously have a hard time seeing her eat processed burgers that are from a slaughterhouse factory that doesn’t respect the animals. That was a serious WTF for me.
    I would totally see her eating meat in the way you described. Her totally being against eating meat, especially when there is canonical evidence of her even killing animals seems a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Ohhh I see. And fair enough tbh. But I think Stormphoenix is right too in the fact that people grow and change their habits as they get older sometimes according to new things they learn and different things that they try. All of my vegan friends were not vegan at some point and either decided that route for themselves due to environmental or animal rights reasons. I can see Storm seeing the damage that carbon dioxide emissions have done to our planet at a rapidly alarming rate and decide not to contribute in that was any more. Don’t see it as any more of an “agenda” push than having her eat a cheeseburger in her solo is an agenda push for beef corporations. I honestly don’t even see Storm throwing down on a hamburger frequently myself but that’s just personal perception.
    this is fair. I just think if she was going to do this it would have been expressed way before now.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!