Page 361 of 460 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 6887
  1. #5401
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Storm kissed Cyclops on the forehead, my heart is full.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  2. #5402
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, did you just see the cast of villains that came through the door at the end???

    Why wouldn't T'challa be suspicious as hell on what is going on?

    It isn't like other nations were happy about it. Emma just cheated.

    This whole thing smells rotten.



    I doubt Hickman has read or gives two shits about what Coates has been doing with the two.

    Plus, the current solo is still way back in the past (in marvel time).

    I would imagine Hickman's status quo reigns supreme right now. Especially with Coates book floundering sales wise.
    I mean what nation doesnít have itís Villains. Wakanda has an entire Galatic Empire thatís actually on its way to Earth.

    I see the problem, but what Nation isnít without its issues and their share of Villains. Wakanda is no better.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  3. #5403
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean what nation doesnít have itís Villains. Wakanda has an entire Galatic Empire thatís actually on its way to Earth.

    I see the problem, but what Nation isnít without its issues and their share of Villains. Wakanda is no better.
    Well that is a strong reach.

    Give one instance of Wakanda requesting its villains extradited to Wakanda for freedom? Especially one of the evil scale of Sabertooth? Or the worldwide destruction of Apocalypse? Wakanda puts its villains in prison or in the dirt. Not give them hugs if they promise to be nice this time.

    Naming an Galactic empire that is from the far future through a wormhole is bogus. Those aren't wakandan villains. They are future Wakandans. And its been half a issue they have been in the present timeline and it is the good guys. We don't know how that is going to end.

    Is the X fandom that fanatical that they think those villains are just poor misunderstood souls?

    Wolverine was right to be weary.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #5404
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well that is a strong reach.

    Give one instance of Wakanda requesting its villains extradited to Wakanda for freedom? Especially one of the evil scale of Sabertooth? Or the worldwide destruction of Apocalypse? Wakanda puts its villains in prison or in the dirt. Not give them hugs if they promise to be nice this time.

    Naming an Galactic empire that is from the far future through a wormhole is bogus. Those aren't wakandan villains. They are future Wakandans. And its been half a issue they have been in the present timeline and it is the good guys. We don't know how that is going to end.

    Is the X fandom that fanatical that they think those villains are just poor misunderstood souls?

    Wolverine was right to be weary.
    Well, not the way I see it....

    I don’t know Many of Wakanda’s Baddies other than Killmonger and Klaw. But I’m sure they wouldn’t expedite Killmonger for Freedom. However, being that KM isn’t from the States I’m sure Wakanda would step in (Just like Emma did for Sabretooth) as soon as they hear that the US wants to bring KM to US Justice. Then Wakanda would step in and take him to Wakanda to face Wakandan Justice. The same rules apply here. Now that Krakoa is recognized as a Nation. Also, Krakoa is still a New Nation. The Villains has just only arrived. We don’t know their Justice System as of yet. And what actually happened to Sabretooth? The last we saw him one of the Cuckoos left the shackles on him and took him away.

    I don’t think it’s Bogus really. An entire Empire is soon descending upon Earth(that nobody knew about, but T’Challa) is a reason of concern. Because now Wakanda is even more of a Superpower Nation. Even if they are here under good intentions(Just like Charles and Erik who only want to revive 16 million mutants that died) that’s reason enough to cause concern. Bringing Mutant Villains to Krakoa is most definitely a concern, but so is having a Galatic Empire coming to Earth. So.....

    I think it be foolish of you to assume that about the X-Fandom. Now, I’m not sure that’s what your trying to call me, but I assure you No. But for a better answer you probably should go read the comments in the Main X-Men section.

    Nobody is disagreeing to the fact. Of Course Wolverine is right.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-18-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  5. #5405
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    605

    Default

    https://twitter.com/ororo101/status/...395133440?s=21

    Great reference that Hickman snuck into HoX today from the Inferno era. Storm and Jean will always be my favorite friendship/sisterhood.

  6. #5406
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    442

    Default

    It's already been mentioned, but Storm felt like a woman with purpose here. She felt like a woman that inspires devotion. She felt like someone that cherishes her mutant pride. I absolutely loved her interactions with Scott and Jean. Her exchange with Cyclops just felt right. I felt like this was a continuation of their relationship from Yost's World's Apart and Gillen's extinction team. Those were the best times in their shared relationship. It humanized them. It put them on the same playing field. And it showed how they hold one another in high esteem. I loved every minute of it. Y'all I'm damned excited. The forehead kiss reminds me of really tight siblings. I kiss my sisters all the time and even when they don't want me to. Lolol it is Storm responsibility and her desire to love her family of mutants. I loved that sense of community. Now if only she could show this love to her father's family.

    'Ro's interaction with Jean felt so very, very genuine. I know Storm loves Jean and vice versa. O could almost feel Storm's sigh of relief as she embraced Jean once more after witnessing her death. It was quite touching. I literally teared up.

    My most favorite part is one that I know won't get much attention. Storm and Monet together makes my heart melt. Storm is that big sister to her. Ro was so ready to embrace Monet the same exact way she did the others, but Monet isnt with the mushy stuff. Storm's response and that beautiful laughing panel of her was SOOOO sweet for me. That was a laugh that said Storm sees Monet. Not only does she see her, she connects with it. Monet is the lil sis that's always in the shadow of big sis. Big sis doesn't quite mean to cast as large of a shadow as she does it's just natural to her. Lil sis' only coping mechanism is to reject overt affection and pretend that she's above it all. Monet really wanted that physical contact, just not in front of ALL of Krakoa. Y'all these two really have me in my feelings. Like, seriously? Black mutant girls ftw. Where tf is Bishop? I'm even more excited to see him now.

  7. #5407
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Oli also think people are misinterpreting the notion that Wakanda doesn't need Krakoa. They don't need the life enhancing, life sustaining drugs from Krakoan plants because Wakanda already has the cure for cancer.

    They don't need their mutant goods. Not to mention, T'Challa has never had a real issue with mutants. He talked Storm into taking Nehzno. Storm's relationship with T'Challa and Wakanda are not an issue. She already seen as balancing her life under Coates. Storm will not be abandoning her personal life because of the mutants. T'Challa had ever asked her to choose.

    I could be wrong, but I believe some are interjecting their own biases for.not wanting Storm with him in order to jump to that conclusion. On the same token, I could be entirely blind to it because of my bias for them as a couple. The wait will be fun. I rest assured that Storm is wearing her current Krakoa uniform in the current issues of BP.

  8. #5408
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    It's already been mentioned, but Storm felt like a woman with purpose here. She felt like a woman that inspires devotion. She felt like someone that cherishes her mutant pride. I absolutely loved her interactions with Scott and Jean. Her exchange with Cyclops just felt right. I felt like this was a continuation of their relationship from Yost's World's Apart and Gillen's extinction team. Those were the best times in their shared relationship. It humanized them. It put them on the same playing field. And it showed how they hold one another in high esteem. I loved every minute of it. Y'all I'm damned excited. The forehead kiss reminds me of really tight siblings. I kiss my sisters all the time and even when they don't want me to. Lolol it is Storm responsibility and her desire to love her family of mutants. I loved that sense of community. Now if only she could show this love to her father's family.

    'Ro's interaction with Jean felt so very, very genuine. I know Storm loves Jean and vice versa. O could almost feel Storm's sigh of relief as she embraced Jean once more after witnessing her death. It was quite touching. I literally teared up.

    My most favorite part is one that I know won't get much attention. Storm and Monet together makes my heart melt. Storm is that big sister to her. Ro was so ready to embrace Monet the same exact way she did the others, but Monet isnt with the mushy stuff. Storm's response and that beautiful laughing panel of her was SOOOO sweet for me. That was a laugh that said Storm sees Monet. Not only does she see her, she connects with it. Monet is the lil sis that's always in the shadow of big sis. Big sis doesn't quite mean to cast as large of a shadow as she does it's just natural to her. Lil sis' only coping mechanism is to reject overt affection and pretend that she's above it all. Monet really wanted that physical contact, just not in front of ALL of Krakoa. Y'all these two really have me in my feelings. Like, seriously? Black mutant girls ftw. Where tf is Bishop? I'm even more excited to see him now.
    Let the church say Amen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #5409
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    I REALLY enjoyed reading Storm in this issue. She felt a lot more at home than in other comics.

  10. #5410
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Oli also think people are misinterpreting the notion that Wakanda doesn't need Krakoa. They don't need the life enhancing, life sustaining drugs from Krakoan plants because Wakanda already has the cure for cancer.

    They don't need their mutant goods. Not to mention, T'Challa has never had a real issue with mutants. He talked Storm into taking Nehzno. Storm's relationship with T'Challa and Wakanda are not an issue. She already seen as balancing her life under Coates. Storm will not be abandoning her personal life because of the mutants. T'Challa had ever asked her to choose.

    I could be wrong, but I believe some are interjecting their own biases for.not wanting Storm with him in order to jump to that conclusion. On the same token, I could be entirely blind to it because of my bias for them as a couple. The wait will be fun. I rest assured that Storm is wearing her current Krakoa uniform in the current issues of BP.
    The problem isn't them taking the drugs the problem is them not recognizing Karakoa as a nation and as such the provinces protected by them. Why couldn't they reject the help but still acknowledge them as a state?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #5411
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The problem isn't them taking the drugs the problem is them not recognizing Karakoa as a nation and as such the provinces protected by them. Why couldn't they reject the help but still acknowledge them as a state?
    Exactly, the point.

    Charles and Erik only asked to be Recognize. If you don't need the Mutant drug COOL just accept Krokoa as a Nation and we good. lol.
    The Mutant Drug is something to ease the Minds of humans. Even if Wakanda doesn't need the Drugs as a Nation that doesn't have issue with Mutants why can't they acknowledge them anyway???
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  12. #5412
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The problem isn't them taking the drugs the problem is them not recognizing Karakoa as a nation and as such the provinces protected by them. Why couldn't they reject the help but still acknowledge them as a state?
    Especially since Wakanda was willing to recognize Jeans' Mutant Nation.

    Somethings going on.

  13. #5413
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The problem isn't them taking the drugs the problem is them not recognizing Karakoa as a nation and as such the provinces protected by them. Why couldn't they reject the help but still acknowledge them as a state?
    I understand. This makes sense from your POV. I disagree with the whole notion of the Xavier and Magneto's whole bargain. It wasn't a mere offer. It was also a threat. Krakoa isnt really asking for your recognition, they're demanding it. It's not black and white. If you were T'Challa would trust what's going on here after Storm has personally brought two mutant villains into his lands twice on her own? Both Shadow King and Adversary took temporary hold of Wakanda and Storm was the direct link. Then we have the whole issue with the P5.

    Let's not forget that the mutant nation of Krakoa is now home to ALL mutants. They're all welcome. Even the mutants that commit heinous acts against humans. They already gave Mystique, Toad asylum while attempting to do the same for Sabertooth. In no way would it be smart for T'Challa to blindly trust this new mutant nation. I don't personally trust Xavier or Magneto. What reason does T'Challa have to do so? Certainly not because Storm says so.

  14. #5414
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,694

    Default

    there was a lot to unpack in this issue. I'm going to hsve to reread it before I can give my full recap.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #5415

    Default

    This was great, her history as a leader and her relationships with her fellow brothers and sisters was perfectly conveyed. Now I'm really wondering if Storm's relationship with Wakanda/T'Challa could actually be further developed since it was hinted to keep reading both books during the trash Monday interview.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •