Page 463 of 662 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513563 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See i think it's important for mutants to create a pantheon of their own with gods because in a world where they are creating protections for magic and other things what happens when a foreign deity comes to force worship and you don't have any of your own to combat that.
    They are not like powerless humans who can't defend themselves
    They don't need a Pantheon to protect them...far less to believe in and follow.
    Aside from those mutants like Kate and Xi'an and Rhane and Storm who do worship and follow their own spiritual path.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Aside from those mutants like Kate and Xi'an and Rhane and Storm who do worship and follow their own spiritual path.
    But there is a difference between what a mutant can do and what a god can do. That is why Storm's mutant powers couldn't stop the adversary but her god like powers could. So there is actual fact of the difference there. It could be the whole natural vs. magical things as for all intents and purposes mutants now fall in the natural category unless otherwise stated.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If the Krakoans had to pick a god, I'd much rather it be Storm than Magneto lol. But if Hickman actually chose to explore the beginnings of early mutant religion I'd be interested, regardless of who's getting worshiped. That'd be in line with all the nation building he's been showing.
    Let's not forget Apocalypse was worshipped as a god. So if they go the route of establishing a mutant religion, then it opens the door for other mutants to get the god treatment.

They have to tread carefully with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Let's not forget Apocalypse was worshipped as a god. So if they go the route of establishing a mutant religion, then it opens the door for other mutants to get the god treatment.

It could be the gift of godhood by blood that makes the difference. Like a demi god becoming a god because there are enough people acknowledging them as such. But at the end of the day one thing is sure, if a writer wants to they will make it work. Good or bad. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Very true. Krakoa is not helpless and there are very powerful mutants on the island.

Also good point about some of the other mutants who practice a different faith.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In self-reference, Magneto's words: "You have new God's now" ...as hyperbolic as they be, would imply that they don't need a separate/different Pantheon. Figuratively speaking they are god-like in and of themselves.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Awww that's so sweet and you know you are my love but as well. Your posts always give me the sustenance my life so desperately needs!! Your first point takes me back to the most recent instance I recall of this. in black panther I believe issue 13 storm started she witnessed divinity and her fixed the storms sefako created. it was pretty clear even without it being explicitly stated she was a God, yet comics readers were content on saying Coates easnt being literal. we of course know that wasnt the case. why certain things have to be as such for readers to accept it is something I will never get but as you said, everyone is entitled to their interpretation. but to Hickman's xmen I dont see why she would want to stay around to help cecelia after sensing their immense energy if she couldnt do anything about it . it doesnt make any sense to me but I'm glad you and i are on the same page #hadariyao4eva

and baby your post about these beautiful and talent black women being beyond exceptional in their field of expertise is awe inspiring. in relation to serena though she has dominated the field of tennis Maria still received more endorsements than serena. I totally liken it to what we see in xmen. for years ororo was told she was not a God, devalued and under appreciated, yet magneto is praised for actions some would call far less than honorable. but yet she fights and asks for nothing other than that those babies are ok.

and you can stalk me anytime u want boo when you preaching the truth about her white female counterparts. ororo has had to deny a lot of who she was always meant to be simply to make other characters appear greater but the gag is these characters dont write themselves. that's the sad thing about it all.

and yes yes yes to everything you said about Emma. I love that ororo is NOT gurl being played by Emma anymore!!
    Yes to every single bit of this post. Yes to it all! We as fans are going to have different interpretations of certain scenes. Its beautiful because we then inform one another and we get to see the art through the eyes of one another. We all come across images or text that we rather not see. In those cases we usually push back against the things we feel do a disservice to our faves. It only makes sense that we would push even harder for the aspects of their personality that we deem essential. In that way you and I agree on how her powers manifest themselves. I think that's why your posts tend to attract my attention. You're beautiful in the way that you interpret Storm's narrative.

You made an excellent point about when her godhead was first mentioned. It was actually issue #17 where she was given a glimpse of divinity after quelling a magical storm in Wakanda. Ororo and T'Challa had their philosophical conversation about gods and their nature in #13 tho. It was a beautiful time. If I'm not mistaken, you made multiple threads dedicated to the first reveal in #17 of Black Panther. The many people that showed up to downplay your interpretation of the story is a testament to your brilliance. Not only did you provoke their ire by championing this black woman, you made a point to acknowledge that she was receiving love from black men both in and outside the pages of T'Challa's book. It was very beautiful in many ways. Not only were you attacked for being a rabid Storm fanboy, but your intelligence was called into question by people that weren't even reading the story. My, how the tables have turned and what a complete embarrassment they made of themselves. I love how you manage to do that. Its pure gold. And it's all because you are stating what should be obvious about this black woman we both happen to love. I'm going to find those threads and enjoy myself all over again.

On the issue of the real life black women I mentioned and their interaction with media, their status has to be compared to Storm. She would undoubtedly be grouped together with them if she was real. Your point about Serena and Maria was so spot on. Just look at how many times Storm is supposed to swallow her pride to appease the mediocre white men and women around her and their fanbases. We saw this play out with Magneto and his fanbase in the official omega thread not too long ago. It really is a trip. This is why I love you so much. Please keep up with your good work. Consider yourself stalked now. Lolol

BANNED

So I apologize for keeping you all waiting. its been a busy day. the first bit of news, which wasnt what I wanted to tell you all earlier, is that #stormdeservesamovie is trending on Twitter today. I thought that was a nice bit of news considering what I was going to inform you guys earlier.

As some of you may be aware, I created a petition a little over a year ago asking that Marvel acknowledge Ororo's godhead and that Ororo finally get the solo ongoing with Coates/Bartel on the creative team. The petition received a lot of support from storm fans and comic fans alike. The petition was even signed by the gorgeous and talented Miss Bartel herself!!! There have been some who have stated that they didnt know if Hickman would acknowledge what coates has done or that he straight up wouldnt acknowledge it.

Well today I can officially tell you we dont have to wait for Hickman or any other xwriter to acknowledge this based upon the information Ororo101 shared with me today. For those of you who do not know, The Marvel Book is an assortment of information that acts in many ways as a Marvel encyclopedia or roadmap that provides details on the Multiverse, Science and Technology, War and Peace, Cosmic Forces, Magic and the Supernatural, and Alternate Realities - that form the foundations of Marvel Comics. Within this roadmap Storm has officially been stated to be a goddess temporarily powered by faith and listed as a God of wakanda:

Storms dedicated page:

The Wakandan Gods page:

So as of today Ororo officially has a new ability that amplifies her power. To what degree, as they say, keep reading true believers, but I think this is truly remarkable what Coates has done for this character. Though I cant confirm the petition was the reason this happened I'm most certainly sure it didnt hurt in bringing awareness to what coates did for this character. So in that I declare a victory in this petition and its efforts to finally make it official to where NO ONE can challenge those fans who have loved coates new development. Again, I want to thank all the storm fans from the bottom of my heart for loving ororo just as much or even more than me and fighting for her to get the respect she deserves! Now let's move forward in getting the solo movie and solo ongoing for her as well!! After this win there is nothing I don't think we can achieve when United!!!

I love you guys so much!!!

#hadariyao
    Excuse tf me! But I'm gonna need you to stand in all of that glory! If you aren't gonna be credited for the push for this to be recognized by Marvel as a whole, then who will be? You created multiple threads dedicated to spreading the news on multiple forums. You even showed remarkable patience by entertaining people that were bent on misinterpreting the points you were making. That's commendable. I don't I'd have that much patience. And you didn't let it stop there. You created a petition that was responsible for bringing the news to people that didn't even know she was being written in Black Panther.

I honestly believe if it wasn't for your positive energy and passion for a well-rounded Storm, that we would still have a stale Ororo stuck under a shitty writer with a fondness for forcing Asgardian culture and other white supremacist propaganda into her mythos. You brought awareness to an issue that goes unchecked in so many regards, the demeaning of black women. I couldn't be more proud of you and all your good works. All it takes is that bold first step and you took it! Dare I say that Storm would be smiling upon you. You have the courage and conviction to stand by your words and put them into action. I'm really grateful for this news and you should especially proud. You've been the vehicle for a well-balanced Storm and in that way you are the child of the incomparable, one true Hadari Yao of legend. May your days be long upon the earth and filled with much love and happiness! Bless you, my friend. Words don't even do you or this news justice!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No he said she just doesnt do it anymore equating it to an hobby you used to have years ago
    Oh, Ok. Well, that sucks.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Uncanny X-Men Annual #16 (May, 1992).

So...she's only a goddess in Wakanda?

She been a Goddess in real life since Giant Size.
    She just keeps getting more powerful.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

So I apologize for keeping you all waiting. its been a busy day. the first bit of news, which wasnt what I wanted to tell you all earlier, is that #stormdeservesamovie is trending on Twitter today. I thought that was a nice bit of news considering what I was going to inform you guys earlier.

As some of you may be aware, I created a petition a little over a year ago asking that Marvel acknowledge Ororo's godhead and that Ororo finally get the solo ongoing with Coates/Bartel on the creative team. The petition received a lot of support from storm fans and comic fans alike. The petition was even signed by the gorgeous and talented Miss Bartel herself!!! There have been some who have stated that they didnt know if Hickman would acknowledge what coates has done or that he straight up wouldnt acknowledge it.

Well today I can officially tell you we dont have to wait for Hickman or any other xwriter to acknowledge this based upon the information Ororo101 shared with me today. For those of you who do not know, The Marvel Book is an assortment of information that acts in many ways as a Marvel encyclopedia or roadmap that provides details on the Multiverse, Science and Technology, War and Peace, Cosmic Forces, Magic and the Supernatural, and Alternate Realities - that form the foundations of Marvel Comics. Within this roadmap Storm has officially been stated to be a goddess temporarily powered by faith and listed as a God of wakanda:

Storms dedicated page:

The Wakandan Gods page:

#hadariyao
    This is awesome, and so are you. Thank you very much for sharing. More, thank you for being not only a super Ororo Munroe fan, but a fan of action. You're the best.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Don't sell yourself short you did a wonderful job on spearheading this knowledge. I'm very proud of you.
    Your kind words have truly warmed my heart beloved! I'm so overwhelmed with joy and I so very happy our efforts were not in vain. That said thank you very much boo!!! I sincerely appreciate it!!!

*drops it like it hot* great news. Thanks for sharing. I definitely think you played a part in bringing awareness to Coates work from a Storm perspective and forcing conversation on why it's not acknowledged.
    Of course boo. I was so shocked how I came across it on Twitter. it completely took me by surprise! Thank you too boo!! I never quite thought the dialogue would ever happen in the fashion that it did. I recall thinking it would be a victory if we could get 20 signatures. I never dreamt ot would turn to what it did where actual xwriters were asked directly why coates story wasnt being acknowledged. this truly has been an astonishing year for her and her fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Nice, this is certainly a great thing ontop of an already great week. It's especially good to see at least someone over at Marvel made it official beyond the panels but in an official book, it really should be the last straw in terms of getting rid of the doubt.
    indeed my friend. I completely agree! I'm sure people will still have their issue with it but seeing this was taken from a book blessed by marvel I dont think one can simply toss it aside as some have.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Excuse tf me! But I'm gonna need you to stand in all of that glory! If you aren't gonna be credited for the push for this to be recognized by Marvel as a whole, then who will be? You created multiple threads dedicated to spreading the news on multiple forums. You even showed remarkable patience by entertaining people that were bent on misinterpreting the points you were making. That's commendable. I don't I'd have that much patience. And you didn't let it stop there. You created a petition that was responsible for bringing the news to people that didn't even know she was being written in Black Panther.

I honestly believe if it wasn't for your positive energy and passion for a well-rounded Storm, that we would still have a stale Ororo stuck under a shitty writer with a fondness for forcing Asgardian culture and other white supremacist propaganda into her mythos. You brought awareness to an issue that goes unchecked in so many regards, the demeaning of black women. I couldn't be more proud of you and all your good works. All it takes is that bold first step and you took it! Dare I say that Storm would be smiling upon you. You have the courage and conviction to stand by your words and put them into action. I'm really grateful for this news and you should especially proud. You've been the vehicle for a well-balanced Storm and in that way you are the child of the incomparable, one true Hadari Yao of legend. May your days be long upon the earth and filled with much love and happiness! Bless you, my friend. Words don't even do you or this news justice!

Yall are really bringing me to literal tears! I'm just so full and thankful for you! You are my family and I live you seriously from the bottom or my heart!! This love that we share fir this character has allowed us to bond in ways many or most probably wouldnt understand but it doesnt matter. You being so much joy in a world that often times can be lacking so much of it and again I'm thankful for these words and that i have a friend like you!!! I know you just joined but storm Dan's have dealt with so much bullsh!t from some many external forces and it brightens my heart to see the works if this black man for a black female character finally get its recognition. as you alluded to, gold was a planned effort by the xoffices to spot in all the good works coates had done for the character and I'm so grateful their efforts failed.

we all have much to be proud of but our is just beginning. we still need to champion for a solo movie and comic. the hadari yao would have it no other way. I also ask that the hadari yao bless you to a live a long life filled with happiness and love as well boo!!! xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This is awesome, and so are you. Thank you very much for sharing. More, thank you for being not only a super Ororo Munroe fan, but a fan of action. You're the best.
    Thank you GP!!! You're so very sweet and I love you so much my friend!!! These words mean more to me than you will ever know

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Good News. Not exactly thrilled sheÂ’s listed as a Wakandan God and that she needs Prayers to Go Goddess mode. Not happy about that. But whatever.

Wait what!? JDW said that Jeans Pink Form never happened???
    as I've stated before even thor requires faith/prayer as well. this was all discussed in a mini thor: chaos war.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Mistress of The Elements...poor Crystal. Storm just took what should be her title. Lol

Also, I like they put expert fighter and Tactician.

yup that was really nice.

Is this an official marvel book? i was trying to find more information to see how connected it is to the actual company i.e making sure it's an initative but couldn't find anything really that says it's marvel sanctioned.
    yes it is. it published by the same company that published the marvel encyclopedia that was out earlier this year. also the marvel copyright symbol is affixed to the book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    She been a Goddess in real life since Giant Size.
    She just keeps getting more powerful.
    yup exactly!

Until JDW comes along telling you that she does not do that anymore like he did with teen jean pink form, I wanna see full acknowledgment on the pages of an x-book, never trust marvel and their backpedaling ways.
    We still need an awesome storm solo book to explore this now more than ever.
    I think it's a little different with teen Jean simply because that occurred in a period that the 05 were supposed to forget once they returned back to their timeline. angel doesnt have his fire wings, beast doesnt have magic, and the same is true of Jean's pink form.

This was probably written a while ago so while i agree on the faith thing it makes sense right now and i think it can always change. I'm just glad the goddess part is acknowledged because now it's universal in marvel and others may expand on it.
    exactly. the how and will be explained but the biggest news is that it has finally been confirmed.

So...she's only a goddess in Wakanda?
    no. she has been worshipped by followers in Kenya as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I like the faith part because it adds a constraint on Storm going god-mode every fight. I don’t think her godhead should do much more than make her weather powers more effective against dark magics and supplemental things like that. Plus it makes it more than just a power up and actually ties her to the Wakandan people.

Other than that, happy to see this confirmed!
    I agree on the constraint part. it has to be balance. if it was active the entire time she would be too OP for the xmen.

I don't think that's what they mean i think it's just a fact that that is where her godhood was officially awakened. IT could spread anywhere though as we've seen with the Shiar and others.
    exactly!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think it's a little different with teen Jean simply because that occurred in a period that the 05 were supposed to forget once they returned back to their timeline. angel doesnt have his fire wings, beast doesnt have magic, and the same is true of Jean's pink form.
    Yhea but angel lost his cosmic wings and beast stopped studying magic, the pink form is another way for Jean to use her powers.....besides....the problem here is that unless dedicated fans like you keep pushing for consistency there will always be editors and uninformed writers eager to revert the status quo and put aside elements that havent been firmely defined or fully established in comics, crossing my fingers this never happens regarding storm godhood, it's so interesting that I would hate to see it fall into the cracks between different management teams.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yhea but angel lost his cosmic wings and beast stopped studying magic, the pink form is another way for Jean to use her powers.....besides....the problem here is that unless dedicated fans like you keep pushing for consistency there will always be editors and uninformed writers eager to revert the status quo and put aside elements that havent been firmely defined or fully established in comics, crossing my fingers this never happens regarding storm godhood, it's so interesting that I would hate to see it fall into the cracks between different management teams.
    that's the point though. the teen versions of the O5, or at least some of them, got boosts that was outside their normal powerset that appeared to be temporary. when bunn explored these changes I dont think it was ever meant to be permanent as it wasnt in their original powerset. also ororo being a real goddess is something that has been hinted at for some time now going back to as early as her mini before the storm. simply put I dint think the examples of the teen versions which was a retcon of the original origins are not the same as ororo which has been built into her mythos throughout the years of her existence.

I think there is a difference between a powerful mutant with no actual divine attributes being worshipped as an actual God versus what we are seeing with ororo. her gift of godhead was something passed to her from her ancestors.

It could be the gift of godhood by blood that makes the difference. Like a demi god becoming a god because there are enough people acknowledging them as such. But at the end of the day one thing is sure, if a writer wants to they will make it work. Good or bad. lol
    exactly. that is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Yes to every single bit of this post. Yes to it all! We as fans are going to have different interpretations of certain scenes. Its beautiful because we then inform one another and we get to see the art through the eyes of one another. We all come across images or text that we rather not see. In those cases we usually push back against the things we feel do a disservice to our faves. It only makes sense that we would push even harder for the aspects of their personality that we deem essential. In that way you and I agree on how her powers manifest themselves. I think that's why your posts tend to attract my attention. You're beautiful in the way that you interpret Storm's narrative.

You made an excellent point about when her godhead was first mentioned. It was actually issue #17 where she was given a glimpse of divinity after quelling a magical storm in Wakanda. Ororo and T'Challa had their philosophical conversation about gods and their nature in #13 tho. It was a beautiful time. If I'm not mistaken, you made multiple threads dedicated to the first reveal in #17 of Black Panther. The many people that showed up to downplay your interpretation of the story is a testament to your brilliance. Not only did you provoke their ire by championing this black woman, you made a point to acknowledge that she was receiving love from black men both in and outside the pages of T'Challa's book. It was very beautiful in many ways. Not only were you attacked for being a rabid Storm fanboy, but your intelligence was called into question by people that weren't even reading the story. My, how the tables have turned and what a complete embarrassment they made of themselves. I love how you manage to do that. Its pure gold. And it's all because you are stating what should be obvious about this black woman we both happen to love. I'm going to find those threads and enjoy myself all over again.

On the issue of the real life black women I mentioned and their interaction with media, their status has to be compared to Storm. She would undoubtedly be grouped together with them if she was real. Your point about Serena and Maria was so spot on. Just look at how many times Storm is supposed to swallow her pride to appease the mediocre white men and women around her and their fanbases. We saw this play out with Magneto and his fanbase in the official omega thread not too long ago. It really is a trip. This is why I love you so much. Please keep up with your good work. Consider yourself stalked now. Lolol

Awww shucks!!! You're so sweet. I cant take credit for seeing the panel in the way I described. it wasn't until talking to two of my fellow storm family members that it made sense to me. i love what you said about being able to see the art through the eyes of another because it's so true.

My beloved thank you for the history lesson because I tend to forget how much ridicule I and others who understood what Coates was doing received during that period. The interesting thing is that I believe a lot of why I think I recieve such responses is due to not accepting the countering narratives that wishes to denigrate ororos character. I'm nost certain you have been met with similar posters, and if not, you will be. it just comes with the territory. however, as much as it frustrates me as some of these responses come from storm fans (believe it or not) coated narrative for the character and her interactions among people who look like her - black people - soothes my soul. I remember a period when the character was attacked for not being black enough, for being above race but Coates shattered those who wished to see her but NOT SEE her. It's like those people who like being black but not really wanting to be black; taking the aspects of the blackness that is cool while ignoring everything else that comes with it. Luckily with Ororo her blackness can no longer be ignored; Coates has made it to where all of her (her blackness and her love for black culture and black men) can be seen. Its so beautiful to behold!!! It truly is!!

You better say all of that about her having to humble herself to appease to these mediocre white characters and their fanbases. Isnt it funny how so long we we laughed at for believing ororo was a true goddess but now there are some playing with the idea of apocalypse and magneto being gods too! Irony is mother isnt it??

And oooh by the way!! Bish I hate to tell you but I've been stalking you lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!