Page 630 of 662 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how would you do a storm/iceman combo???

they did a combo before in that book that I will not name lol

she even had you favorite storm accessory when she did it.
    Depends on the Setting. Idk, it’s not my job to figure it out. All I know is that the X-Men are working as a team.

Storm/Iceman have done combos before in: X-Force(1991) #16 and Uncanny X-Men #242. And in Uncanny X-Men #354 Storm/Iceman talked about using their powers together to fight Sauron. So, it’s actually not a new concept, but goes to show Teamwork. And yes add In Guggenheim X-Men Gold(2017) #28 that makes it in total 4 times times they used their powers together.

This is about Teamwork, two Omega mutants coming together using their powers as a team. This has nothing to do with Stormcaster.

I don't see what Iceman brings to the table in combination with Storm. On his own, he can do things she can't(like turn into water/ice), but in conjunction with her, what does he bring? Storm can freeze things. She can even make elemental golems.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't see what Iceman brings to the table in combination with Storm. On his own, he can do things she can't(like turn into water/ice), but in conjunction with her, what does he bring? Storm can freeze things. She can even make elemental golems.
    exactly and agreed!

rutog used to make a big fuss about her being on teams with other elementals preventing her full scope of abilities being released. I'm inclined to agree primarily based upon the point you just mentioned.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-10-2019 at 03:06 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Depends on the Setting. Idk, it’s not my job to figure it out. All I know is that the X-Men are working as a team.

Storm/Iceman have done combos before in: X-Force(1991) #16 and Uncanny X-Men #242. And in Uncanny X-Men #354 Storm/Iceman talked about using their powers together to fight Sauron. So, it’s actually not a new concept, but goes to show Teamwork. And yes add In Guggenheim X-Men Gold(2017) #28 that makes it in total 4 times times they used their powers together.

This is about Teamwork, two Omega mutants coming together using their powers as a team. This has nothing to do with Stormcaster.
    I was just curious as to how a combo would look to you. I know they've done things in the past. with the exception of when they fought N'astirh and she created heat to counter his extreme cold I dont think it makes sense. she should be able to make tenleraruted as low as he can and we know she can make constructs with the latest being in hox.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm being removed from the X-line in the mid 00s did nothing for her character and she still hasnt recovered to this day from that damage
    1. coates didn't have any issue referencing her doing work with the xmen or krakoa but there is some big challenge to acknowledge she has loyalties beyond just being an xman or kitty babysitter? please just stop the fake news. I would hate to see what things we would be talking about if ororo was only am xmen property.
    While Storm has gotten a few interesting nuances in BP's orbit, it is completely true that Storm is not as centrally placed in X-Men books ever since this BP stuff was puffed up by Hudlin. She went from being completely central in X-Treme X-Men, making deals with world leaders and kicking ass and skinny dipping in the hot tub with her girls, to playing BP's supporting character in his books. This Duggan interview does at least intimate this fact as well, since he cited Franklin and Storm as the two characters the writers weren't sure what they could do with because they were already being written by other writers/in other books. It sounded like he wanted to have Ororo in her mohawk and knife-fighting angle, but didn't want to shift her so much due to Coates having his own ideas for the character.

It probably is true that Hickman didn't have great plans for her to begin with, so that sets the tone, but Storm really lost a lot of position in the X-Lore in the last two decades, between the piss poor Fox-Men showings, and the marriage to BP taking her directly from Lord Claremont's pen. That she was in his book over Morrison's was already a handicap, especially when Emma took her place in Morrison's arc(and thus took Storm's place as central female leader in the decade(s) to follow), but being in Wakanda during the whole Messiah complex and Utopia era, even with her occasional cameos, really made her less relevant to modern X-Men stories. She hasn't recovered yet. I think she only will once the MCU films bring her to the mass consciousness(and hopefully they will present her correctly; she's not the easiest to nail for a mega-corporation like Disney). It will be interesting to see where and how she will be debuted. It is possible it comes through Black Panther's franchise, which would be an interesting complexity to overcome again in another medium(when the X-Men come to the MCU eventually as well).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

how would you do a storm/iceman combo???

they did a combo before in that book that I will not name lol

she even had you favorite storm accessory when she did it.
    It was never implied Storm needed Iceman but i can see them doing a combo many ways.

Let's say a lake or big water source was drained by another country and a smaller country needed fresh water. Storm could easily create the moisture, Iceman freezes the big empty whole in the ground and Storm melts it by turning it into water. Or iceman needs to create a huge ice barrier around an entire country, Storm can assist by creating said moisture again which would make it easier for him to produce the dome.

Though what i want to see is Storm creating watersprouts and Bobby freezing them as they are still spinning and turning and turn into spinning ice blades of doom that destroy an entire navy fleet. Yes storm could of taken it out but imagine what the world would say when imagery of a large part of the ocean looks like a world wonder of frozen watersprouts still ascending into the sky. Who knows how long it will take to melt but it would definitely make people think twice about trying to follow them on the water.

Or Storm can create a huge title wave and bobby freezes it in the air creating a wall ships can't get past. Now it will take them days or weeks to melt through it to continue their pursuit. I can see a lot of things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm at a point where i just don't give a **** about Storm in BP no more. The writer sucks imo and it's doing nothing for Storm. I much rather her free to fully be in the x-books and be anywhere and everywhere at this point especially with all the writers together now. They can formulate without having to ask an outside office. Give BP a new writer and lets move on.

I think it's sad people will turn themselves inside out to say the audience just isn't there so they can get their own desires met at the detriment of a character. 14,000 buyers aren't doing anything for Storm and we can keep holding on to the past acting like their wasn't rights issues or blah blah blah or rah rah rah for a goddess no one is even reading about or we can give the x-office a chance to make Storm great again. If she makes appearances in other x-books at the very least she's getting a visual. I'm tired of BP fanfic that is doing her not a one favor. Once Coates is gone i think there will be a lot more happy people on the BP side and the other. The audiences are there, people will buy what they are interested in or what is written good, Immortal Hulk shows that with it's consistently high numbers and i find it hard to believe in what anyone says if they can make that flat out kind of statement and not even be able to admit "i may like it, but maybe this really just isn't working."

At the end of the day Storm is an X-character. Like it or not. Not a BP supporting cast members. Wake my ass when they make Storm and the Agents of Wakanda then we can act like the book is doing something for her other than cameo appearances while hurting what could be major appearances in her home books.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

1. I wasnt impressed with the interview at all. the interview was over an hour long and he didnt get into any substantial storm talk until the 59:00 mark. he had so much to say about kitty (and I mean a lot), how his favorite to write is Emma, how he has this huge gift for iceman and let's not forget sexy sebastian shaw but once he got to ororo it was nothing of value. i never understand how wolverine and spiderman (and in some cases thor and hulk) can appear wherever without so much an issue but it becomes burdensome when ororo is featured (on occasion) in another book? coates didn't have any issue referencing her doing work with the xmen or krakoa but there is some big challenge to acknowledge she has loyalties beyond just being an xman or kitty babysitter? please just stop the fake news. I would hate to see what things we would be talking about if ororo was only am xmen property.

2. as much as it pains me I dont see any comicbook fairing great unless you are batman or spiderman. heck the xmen couldnt even claim great or good numbers before the reboot. so people incorrectly claiming it is coates that is the problem with BP, I challenge you to look at the numbers for black panther before it was canceled under hudlin's tenure. if they get a new writer it will eventually meet a similar fate and its simply because minority solo books just dont resonate with readers who predominantly buy comics. how that wakanda agents book doing after 3 issues???

3. I happened to hop over to our BP family thread and let's just say we should be thankful its coates writing ororo and not other writers. some would strip her of the things that defined her way before the marriage was even a thing to promote what they believe her to be. with Coates at least he has respect for her mythos and has build upon it as opposed to the opposite.

ok.im done kysses

you analysis of how the discussion went whenever storm was caught up was exactly my take away from the interview.
    Its holding around 21,000

BP wasn't canceled under Hudlin, it was handed off to Mayberry.

Here is a Mind of Shadow post from weeks back.

That absolute state of this thread. Bast have mercy. At least when people go on a "piss on Coates" fest in here, it comes from a place of fandom. Not this... sunken place type comments.

Who wants to play a game? These are straight facts, no chasers, no opinion, just numbers. Ok some opinion, based on fact though lol.

- BP v7 #16 is the 8th lowest issue sold in Black Panther history.

- If you limit it to T'challa lead issues (aka throw out Kasper Cole), BPv7 #16 is the 5th lowest issue sold in Black Panther History. The top 4 were all Liss run.

- T'challa lead Priest issues never sold under 20K in 49 issues with no marketing gimmicks, no renumbering, no event cross overs. He didnt fall to BP#16 range until his 60th issue using Kasper Cole. For the non Black Panther fans in here, remember, Priest lasted 62 issues with no gimmicks, no renumber, no crossovers, barely any marketing, no movies, no TV, taking an absolute dead character and re-inventing him... WITH editorial interference being forced to use Vin Diesel look alike Kasper towards the end.

- Hudlin's lowest issue was 19,455.

- Mayberry's lowest issue was 17,881

- BPv7, #16 is Coates 40th BP Issue. Priest 40th issue sold 20,188 (and held that number until issue 52! aka had a dedicated fan base until nuked by Kasper).

- Hudlin's 40th issue he wrote was actually vol5 #2, which sold 33,750. The 40th issue of vol4 was SWAD, written by Aaron. Hudlin's 38th issue sold 19,455.

- Priest average sales number was 25,241. If you throw out Kasper run, its 27,250.

- Hudlin's entire volumes averaged 35K. Use only volume 4 (his main one), and its 37,314. If you use issues Hudlin actually wrote (throw out mayberry and aaron), and its 37,114.

- Coates current average is 42,450. Which is obviously beyond solid... until you dig a bit.

- If you throat out Coates #1's (aka marketing gimmicks that do not reflect writing quality at all) and his intial legacy renumber marketing gimmick, and his average plummets to 34,462

- Hell, if you throw out JUST Coates initial #1 that did 200+ K sales that literally had absolutely nothing to do with writing quality and was purely based on speculation and hype, his average drops from 42,450 to 37,180!

- The entire basis of "Coates is the best seller of BP ever!" is all because of ONE FREAKING ISSUE! that had everyting to do with Hickman, years of no black panther solos, and Coates literary fame and absolutely NOTHING to do with Coate's writing itself. ONE ISSUE!! You throw out that one issue and Coate's SOLD NO BETTER THAT HUDLIN despite a billion dollar movie, despite "twitter followers," despite cartoons, despite merchandise everywhere.

- Let Coates keep his legacy renumbering, just take out his two #1's, drops to 34,991.

- If you think I am just chery picking, throw out Hudlins' two #1's and his mariage issue... 35,754

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ugh..shut up shadykyss this is not a Dick measuring contest on who doesn’t need who. -_-

A Storm/Iceman combo is actually a cool concept. It’s called Teamwork Shadykyss something the X-Men have not done in awhile.
    Exactatiously!!!
    Marauders is not a Storm solo...no matter how much some people want it to be, think it should be.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously!!!
    Marauders is not a Storm solo...no matter how much some people want it to be, think it should be.
    I don't think anyone said they wanted it to be a Storm solo.

I personally hate when team books focus on one character...see Fraction's X-Men run.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was being sarcastic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Why not just Use your Imagination?

I was just curious as to how a combo would look to you. I know they've done things in the past. with the exception of when they fought N'astirh and she created heat to counter his extreme cold I dont think it makes sense. she should be able to make tenleraruted as low as he can and we know she can make constructs with the latest being in hox.
    I mean does it even matter? what she or he can already do. Who knows an Ice Tornado or Bobby turns into Ice Spears and Storm uses winds to control him. Who knows.

Amazing how none of you guys have no Imagination.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously!!!
    I don't think anyone said it's a Storm Solo and it's Not a Kitty Solo either. From those who are reading the book have admittedly said that the Book doesn't feel like a Kitty Book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm at a point where i just don't give a **** about Storm in BP no more. The writer sucks imo and it's doing nothing for Storm. I much rather her free to fully be in the x-books and be anywhere and everywhere at this point especially with all the writers together now. They can formulate without having to ask an outside office. Give BP a new writer and lets move on.
    If, your referring to Coates i'd say that he doesn't suck it's just.....he's Boring when it comes to Storm. I would Disagree here only because I like Storm appearing in other books outside of X-World. Like Fearless and -_- Black Panther.
    I think it's sad people will turn themselves inside out to say the audience just isn't there so they can get their own desires met at the detriment of a character. 14,000 buyers aren't doing anything for Storm and we can keep holding on to the past acting like their wasn't rights issues or blah blah blah or rah rah rah for a goddess no one is even reading about or we can give the x-office a chance to make Storm great again. If she makes appearances in other x-books at the very least she's getting a visual. I'm tired of BP fanfic that is doing her not a one favor. Once Coates is gone i think there will be a lot more happy people on the BP side and the other. The audiences are there, people will buy what they are interested in or what is written good, Immortal Hulk shows that with it's consistently high numbers and i find it hard to believe in what anyone says if they can make that flat out kind of statement and not even be able to admit "i may like it, but maybe this really just isn't working."
    Y'Know it's possible that Coates may write a Storm solo. Which I don't have a problem with I just hope he doesn't write her as boring as he is now.

Hudlind and Coates have done more with Storm than XBooks have in a while. Still waiting for HickmenStorm to do something. Cause Im getting my Storm Fix from the BP titles. More Woman, More Goddess Than Storm but Stom none the less.

While Storm has gotten a few interesting nuances in BP's orbit, it is completely true that Storm is not as centrally placed in X-Men books ever since this BP stuff was puffed up by Hudlin. She went from being completely central in X-Treme X-Men, making deals with world leaders and kicking ass and skinny dipping in the hot tub with her girls, to playing BP's supporting character in his books. This Duggan interview does at least intimate this fact as well, since he cited Franklin and Storm as the two characters the writers weren't sure what they could do with because they were already being written by other writers/in other books. It sounded like he wanted to have Ororo in her mohawk and knife-fighting angle, but didn't want to shift her so much due to Coates having his own ideas for the character.

It probably is true that Hickman didn't have great plans for her to begin with, so that sets the tone, but Storm really lost a lot of position in the X-Lore in the last two decades, between the piss poor Fox-Men showings, and the marriage to BP taking her directly from Lord Claremont's pen. That she was in his book over Morrison's was already a handicap, especially when Emma took her place in Morrison's arc(and thus took Storm's place as central female leader in the decade(s) to follow), but being in Wakanda during the whole Messiah complex and Utopia era, even with her occasional cameos, really made her less relevant to modern X-Men stories. She hasn't recovered yet. I think she only will once the MCU films bring her to the mass consciousness(and hopefully they will present her correctly; she's not the easiest to nail for a mega-corporation like Disney). It will be interesting to see where and how she will be debuted. It is possible it comes through Black Panther's franchise, which would be an interesting complexity to overcome again in another medium(when the X-Men come to the MCU eventually as well).
    I agree that once she left the xmen things have never been the same. Quite honestly I would go so far to say that when Claremont left initially things were not the same for her. The uncanny run during the 90s was very Ororo-lite. I mean extremely lite. I know people like to blame things on the marriage but X-treme wasnt the flagship title then and she had already been regulated to background role by that point. Also, if Wolverine can appear in a billion places there shouldnt be an issue with Ororo doing the same.

Nevertheless, I'm curious to see how they role her out as well. I'm hoping Marvel can work towards making her prominent and relevant again.

It was never implied Storm needed Iceman but i can see them doing a combo many ways.

Let's say a lake or big water source was drained by another country and a smaller country needed fresh water. Storm could easily create the moisture, Iceman freezes the big empty whole in the ground and Storm melts it by turning it into water. Or iceman needs to create a huge ice barrier around an entire country, Storm can assist by creating said moisture again which would make it easier for him to produce the dome.

Though what i want to see is Storm creating watersprouts and Bobby freezing them as they are still spinning and turning and turn into spinning ice blades of doom that destroy an entire navy fleet. Yes storm could of taken it out but imagine what the world would say when imagery of a large part of the ocean looks like a world wonder of frozen watersprouts still ascending into the sky. Who knows how long it will take to melt but it would definitely make people think twice about trying to follow them on the water.

Or Storm can create a huge title wave and bobby freezes it in the air creating a wall ships can't get past. Now it will take them days or weeks to melt through it to continue their pursuit. I can see a lot of things.
    I like your ideas about the moisture. Ororo bringing in enough moisture so that Iceman can freeze it; however, the other things you described I beleivd ororo should be able to do that theoretically on her own. That's why I dont see the purpose of them doing a combo. It seems like it would require lowballing Ororo to a degree. I guess we will wait and see how Duggan demonstrates this.

Why not just Use your Imagination?

I mean does it even matter? what she or he can already do. Who knows an Ice Tornado or Bobby turns into Ice Spears and Storm uses winds to control him. Who knows.

Amazing how none of you guys have no Imagination.....

I don't think anyone said it's a Storm Solo and it's Not a Kitty Solo either. From those who are reading the book have admittedly said that the Book doesn't feel like a Kitty Book.
    that user was just throwing shades towards me lolol.
    #unbothered

to your point about combos storm should be able to do all of that on her own boo.