Page 214 of 662 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That really is just her normal altered visual sense. Writers and artist just rarely focus on that aspect of her mutation. When her eyes go white, she is seeing everything in terms of energy gradients, not just temperature variations, but including life force and magic/spiritual energies.
    agreed. I know the energy visualization is a part of her normal powerset; however, this is something I wished the writers would detail more when it comes to ororo generally.

what I was intending with this post was how I would like her energy form to appear upon reaching her full potential something that was alluded to below:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As, so Trance's astral projection form. I don't see why Ororo couldn't actually do something exactly like that, even without physically transcending her flesh body(of course she should be able to do this too...). We have already seen Storm sensing her awareness all the way across the other side of the planet(Worlds Apart) and utilizing a precise application of her power there(when she blasted the Blackbird out of the sky without killing Scott).

And we have seen her make elemental apparitions in her own form.

Attachment 84027

So why not combine these two facets? Have Ororo able to sit in a chair somewhere, and send forth an elemental 'golem' in her own shape, fully capable of doing all her feats, while her actual body is safe from harm. Of course, Ororo likes to get into the mix of things more than that, but I see that as a completely in-character, consistent with on-panel feats, potential tactic that she hasn't done since that time her body was healing in the Acanti soulsinger and she was astral projecting from him in the the Brood Saga.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That really is just her normal altered visual sense. Writers and artist just rarely focus on that aspect of her mutation. When her eyes go white, she is seeing everything in terms of energy gradients, not just temperature variations, but including life force and magic/spiritual energies.
    This is interesting because I really don't know how Storm sees the world both literally and metaphorically.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My thought is...When powered down, she sees it just like you or or would...distinct colours and shapes.
    When she powers up and her eyes go white, she employs her energy sight.
    As for Yoga's theory....I've always read that panel to mean: because she is fully aware of and attuned to the atmosphere globally, she was able to pin point Scott's jet. In essence she wasn't "sensing her awareness" but rather "extending her awareness fully" and employing her power.
    But yes, she doesn't have to 'astral project' to use her powers over long distances.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-01-2019 at 01:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My thought is...When powered down, she sees it just like you or or would...distinct colours and shapes.
    As for Yoga's theory....I've always read that panel to mean: because she is fully aware of and attuned to the atmosphere globally, she was able to pin point Scott's jet. In essence she wasn't "sensing her awareness" but rather "extending her awareness fully" and employing her power.
    But yes, she doesn't have to 'astral project' to use her powers over long distances.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I took it as she was able to sense his movement and because she expand her awareness to global proportions, she was able to pin point his location.

Just saw XMDP.

Movie goer a C-

XMEN LOVER = utter trash.

The movie literally took place with in 72 hours but felt 24 .
    It moves fast with no details or explanation.
    I never got that Jean was struggling with a force within her, but she made sure to keep telling us so.
    Every new scene just felt like we are doing this now so get use to it. Or was just a set up for power scene but no real story development. Fight scene suck.
    Best part of the movie was just Nightcrawler murking ppl.
    Everyone just spouted lines.
    Oh yeah and who were the Aliens? Right Nobodies.

Storm.
    No lines ,no screen time, horrible accent
    Half the power display for Storm was just pointless.
    Can we retire the chain lighting. Cause I swear if it wasn't for all the other useless power display you would have sworn that was her only Mutant ability.
    And still within this moment I don't why her Big Wind on the train was like the only thing I liked and I don't know why.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 07-01-2019 at 01:51 PM.

As, so Trance's astral projection form. I don't see why Ororo couldn't actually do something exactly like that, even without physically transcending her flesh body(of course she should be able to do this too...). We have already seen Storm sensing her awareness all the way across the other side of the planet(Worlds Apart) and utilizing a precise application of her power there(when she blasted the Blackbird out of the sky without killing Scott).

And we have seen her make elemental apparitions in her own form.

Attachment 84027

So why not combine these two facets? Have Ororo able to sit in a chair somewhere, and send forth an elemental 'golem' in her own shape, fully capable of doing all her feats, while her actual body is safe from harm. Of course, Ororo likes to get into the mix of things more than that, but I see that as a completely in-character, consistent with on-panel feats, potential tactic that she hasn't done since that time her body was healing in the Acanti soulsinger and she was astral projecting from him in the the Brood Saga.
    hmmm I didnt really see her projecting her astral form like a telepath would do. it's one thing to be able to sense Scott from the other side of the globe due her connection with elements and her communion to the planet; however, the astral form description sounds a little beyond her powerset.

But reading further was she not able to this because of the acanti? I attributed this display to that merging versus her doing so on her on as we havent seen her do anything on this level before or since said showing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Her power is essentially psionic in nature. She is basically telepathically attuned to the environment, and can 'telekinetically' alter it. It's all consciousness and willpower.

Xavier used to astral project literally by projecting his consciousness to make connections with or communicate with his target in the original X-Men run.

These days they would just have him go into Cerebro and it would zoom into his target, or he would just commune with the target without the intermediary travel.

I think similarly, Storm could just use her power to create an effect on the other side of the world, but she could also send out an elemental representation of her consciousness outward, in effect and visually, astral projecting.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Her psionic capabilities extends outwards to physically manipulate the weather Xavier's psionic abilities are more 'inwards' affecting the mind and mindscapes of others. Similar causes/starting points but entirely dissimilar effects/end results.

I guess it would have to be a situation that calls for that specific action, otherwise...if she doesn't have to...why should/would she?
    Creating an elemental representation of her consciousness just seems...redundant at least and overkill, at most.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-01-2019 at 03:00 PM.

I agree it's not really needed, but she could do. butterflykyss was talking about Trance's visual, and I said Storm could do that too if she wanted to. I think it checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Just saw XMDP.

Movie goer a C-

XMEN LOVER = utter trash.

The movie literally took place with in 72 hours but felt 24 .
    It moves fast with no details or explanation.
    I never got that Jean was struggling with a force within her, but she made sure to keep telling us so.
    Every new scene just felt like we are doing this now so get use to it. Or was just a set up for power scene but no real story development. Fight scene suck.
    Best part of the movie was just Nightcrawler murking ppl.
    Everyone just spouted lines.
    Oh yeah and who were the Aliens? Right Nobodies.

Storm.
    No lines ,no screen time, horrible accent
    Half the power display for Storm was just pointless.
    Can we retire the chain lighting. Cause I swear if it wasn't for all the other useless power display you would have sworn that was her only Mutant ability.
    And still within this moment I don't why her Big Wind on the train was like the only thing I liked and I don't know why.
    this movie did absolutely nothing for me. I think this would have been ok if this had been one of the first xmen movies but what marvel has done with the avengers has set the bar extremely high.

now with regards to ice dispenser, I thought she had some cute moments but I always imagined ororo flying high in the sky creating multiple tornadoes to engulf her target while simultaneously sending down a barrage of freezing rain and hail. before doing this she goes h2h using her martial arts mixed with thunder claps, wind powered kicks and removing air from her victim's lungs. I want to see a bad ass storm and i have yet to see this in either of the films she has been featured. also she had like three sentences the whole movie. how the actress thought any fan of hers would like this is way beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    almost to 500 signatures!!! please continue to share and sign if you havent done so:

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever
    I just signed. I'm no.499 lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    If marvel is really looking at Nathalie Emmanuel for the role of MCU Storm. Then I might as well take my MCU XMen Banner down.
    Looks like their going to continue the lightskin trend instead of Dark Chocolate Ororo, So disappointed . At least we know what age group they're going for.
    first I just wanna say y'all doing too much with the chains on her wrist thing cause I didn't get anything related to slavery about it. I saw it as linked up rings. Secondly when I saw the mention of Nathalie I was like
    Attachment 84041
    Enough with all the light skin chicks. We need some brown.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I just signed. I'm no.499 lol
    yaaassssss thanks boo!!! I really appreciate the support. please spread the word!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    first I just wanna say y'all doing too much with the chains on her wrist thing cause I didn't get anything related to slavery about it. I saw it as linked up rings. Secondly when I saw the mention of Nathalie I was like
    Attachment 84041
    Enough with all the light skin chicks. We need some brown.
    i.didnt want to be that gurl but since you said it I agree. I dont see itthat when i saw the images. now wolverine and the xmen did give me that sort of feels with the following:

that said maybe I'm being even too sensitive here.

and that meme is perfect about natalie. I would be incredibly disappointed if they cast another light skinned woman for her.

That cover looks like minstrelsy. It's a shame that a lot of people at Marvel don't think about histories of things.