Page 480 of 662 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    this was posted in the Mauraders thread.
    https://i.postimg.cc/02tJ4mff/EETo4-UCUEAIvkz-C.jpg

stunning.
    Omg Bishop and Ororo look amazing! I wanna pull his hair and be mean to him. Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, all of that is true. ESPECIALLY, when they are from Brooklyn they get that Brooklyn confidence.

I am bias to when it comes to Jamaicans, but I also think that Jamaicans(IMO) are also very Vulgar in the sense they will say anything that comes to their mind. Regardless if its nasty. My Dad for example. Not afraid to say the work D*&k in front of Children. Like really dad??? He'll call you fat it's embarrassing. And you dare NOT argue with any Jamaican because they are always right. This is my experience with Jamaicans LOL.

But I love them. They make me laugh and i'm happy to be one. As for ME? I'm not going to force my opinion i'll let you know what it is and then if it's getting to much i'll back off. I'm too much like my Mother.
    I wish i got to see that side of my dad. I have a hard time understanding deep Jamacian accents because he wasn't really the conversation type. He was 20 years older than my mom and as old school as you could get but he loved his family and didn't want his wife to work. My mom had two kids when they met they were 4 and 6 at the time and he NEVER treated them like anything other than his own kid. I'm second to last, out of a total of 10 and me and my younger bro are only 14 months apart so people always thought we were twins. My oldest brothers and sisters were already in in their late teens when he sent for them and i was like 5 so i never really got to live that side of my culture unfortunately but my dad would tell any and everyone i was his fave. SOmetimes i wonder how can you miss someone so much you never really spoke to.

But his sister my Aunt Jeanie and my cousin Smiley ( i still don't know what his real name is. lol) were very blunt. I remember one time we went to visit her and i was like 7 and my brother and sister sat down and she was like "did i say you could sit down, git up." and i was like. "Don't you DARE talk to my brother and sister like that." i will never forget the look of shock on her face but she quieted herself immediately.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wanted to kill her since the start, not really helpful. Let's kill a reality warper, what the worse could happenw haha
    Yhea her proposal to kill wanda prompted pietro to convince her sister into warping reality in the first place because he was scared they would go trough with it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Wanted to kill her since the start, not really helpful. Let's kill a reality warper, what the worse could happenw haha
    Emma really does have an issue with powerful women shame Shame shame lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

#Reecewasright

Ok, boo. #myreeciecupwasright lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Emma really does have an issue with powerful women shame Shame shame lol
    She never liked Betsy either for that matter
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

HONESTLY, in MY OPINION. I don't think Black People shouldn't say Nigger or Nigga at all. I think those words should be completely BANNED.

In fact i've been having this conversation with a couple of African Americans about this, but i'll leave that alone.
    I use the word. I'm not going to lie. But in american culture it was a way to reclaim the word that people were using to make us less than to uplift each other. But then i have also called white people the word who were being racist too because of the definition but i use the er instead of the a on the end and started with "your truly acting like such a". Trust me when i say if you want to see a shocked face or have a racist move along call them that word or ghetto. I will NEVER forget their face.

But i would never use the word in public with my friends.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yhea her proposal to kill wanda prompted pietro to convince her sister into warping reality in the first place because he was scared they would go trough with it
    That was genius, it all triggered Mday. The fault lies all on Wanda, she is guilty so is Pietro, Emma and otehrs who wanted to kill her.
    House of M was a bad story

She never liked Betsy either for that matter
    Betsy is real english LOL so it is explained

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

HONESTLY, in MY OPINION. I don't think Black People shouldn't say Nigger or Nigga at all. I think those words should be completely BANNED.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hey! Yeah, I was getting busy again at work. Missed all of you!

I thought Marauders was pretty good. I like how Hickman has set the tone for this era and then the other writers are taking it from their own angle, while still including some the of the text pages(which I do enjoy, reminds me of the supplementals that Alan Moore used back in the original Watchmen series). I loved the explanation for Kitty's broken nose! Duggan's Storm isn't quite where I'd love her, but it was still solid(and given how bad other writers can be with Storm, I'll take it). Good explanation for why she isn't leading(and I hope Ororo breaks Emma's nose down the line at some point...), the wind and waves look nice, he had a good explanation for the whole 'go around on a boat instead of teleporting' angle(though I still don't see why Illyana or Pixie or any other farcasting teleporter couldn't have been an option for Kitty too but whatever). Iceman was fun, Pyro too(I prefer oldschool Pyro, and he died of the Legacy Virus, so even if they were kinda using him as a guinea pig for the process, it also makes sense Moira and Charles would have him on their minds anyways). Bishop was a little underwhelming, but at least he's on the board(he looks amazing on that pirate cover). So much Kitty is still a bit off putting, but I'll keep reading, for sure.

As for would racism play into the animosity? It would have to at some level. It's not that all white people are racist per say, but they all benefit from racism/white supremacy/colonialism, which in Emma's case as an old money capitalist Anglo-British family, she resonates with far moreso than others; there would have to be an undercurrent of that. I remember Emma talking to Kitty back in the 80's about either being a master or a slave. I think that is a persistent mindset for Emma's character, even if they've de-fanged her a bit in the modern era.
    well welcome back boo and hopefully u back this time for little longer. we missed you too!

I thought the reason behind broken nose was pretty cool. I think her not being able to use the portal is somehow tied to her ability to phase through things. I'm curious to see what the reasons are for her not being able to use them. as for it being kitty centric it didnt bother me too much because she didnt read like gold kitty. what was off with this storm to you even though u thought she was solid and I was wondering how pyro died. I'm glad bishop is here too.

and agreed with what you said about Emma. judt look at what Meghan markle is dealing with it's kinda in the DNA of their country unfortunately. if u figure out the issue let me know.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That was genius, it all triggered Mday. The fault lies all on Wanda, she is guilty so is Pietro, Emma and otehrs who wanted to kill her.
    House of M was a bad story
    I'm so glad Bendis left Marvel fo Dc, finally I don't have to accidentally read his drivel anymore

Yhea stars do that thanks to nuclear fusion, electric charges are fighting to keep protons apart from each others but the strong nuclear force being "stronger" for lack of a better term is able to override the repulsion between charges of the same sign
    Again, debatable. Old school Newtonian physics breaks down at the subatomic level to the weirdness of the quantum and even smaller scales. Even at the larger than quanta scale conventional physics is still not completely resolved. The specific observations of electrified plasma can yield surprising results. And even if Ororo can't accomplish transmutation purely through electromagnetism(a paper like this suggests it is possible), I would posit her abilities would then also include the strong and weak nuclear forces, and gravitational forces for that matter, as they are elements of the stars and thus under her purview as mistress of natural forces.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-23-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Even if that were so(as a proponent of the Electric Universe theory, I could argue this point), stars are what transmute hydrogen into the other elements in the first place, and it is obvious from the canon that Ororo can harness and command the power of stars too(even millions of them at once at faster than lightspeed), so she should have all their abilities at her command.
    again yoga this is why you dont need to stay away for too long.

oh I forgot to mention I loved her controlling the wave today. I'm recalling looking how they are showing more of her hydrokinetic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Ok, boo. #myreeciecupwasright lolololol
    lolololol this post is hilarious.

Yeah. My Family is a bunch of random mixed Pickney(Jamaican Term for Chilren).

One of my brothers looks Asian and another looks Hispanic. Sometimes I don't believe they are my brothers because they are so lightskinned. But my other brothers are brown and dark. My Sister looks Asian too.

Have I been exposed to a lot of cultures? I guess not sure what you mean by that. But from what i'm told my family has French and Chinese and Spanish in us.

IMO SOME Jamaicans are very annoying(My Father)
    just living in NY and now California it seems like you would have a lot of exposure to different types of people from all sorts of backgrounds.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-23-2019 at 06:41 PM.

At the end of the day, Ororo wasn't quite as present as I would like. Yes, she had some moments and I appreciated them, but in the context of this story, she's essentially Kitty's accessory/back-up/guide/mammy(still calling her Kitten...), and I just prefer my Ororo front and center, as the goddess-queen she is.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!