Page 607 of 662 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 9921
    BANNED

My biggest problem with Storm’s presence in BP is that I’m always so much more interested in whats going on with her than the plot and narrative of the book itself. Whether we’re talking Hadari Yao or Blue, the experiences always alluded to but never expanded upon are much more interesting to me.

Anyway, that’s a roundabout way of saying it’s time for that Storm solo Coates promised. I’ve enjoyed his BP and this issue was no exception, but it’s clear he has so much to say with our girl.

Artist: https://rendergoddess.com/

Attachment 89702

Not Sure if this has been posted. But I thought this looked dope

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post

Attachment 89702

The face, the hair, the skin tone...

This is the goddess we deserve!

(But not in that outfit. It’s one of her worst.)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Black Panther (2018) #19

It's too early to get into a thorough discussion of this issue, so I'll wait until some of you have had a chance to read the issue. A couple of light spoilers ahead.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

I did enjoy this issue. The conversation is between T'Challa and Ororo and it is AFTER their reunion and conversation about T'Challa's relationship with Nakia. Coates gets into some of how Ororo feels about T'Challa's confession, as well as the man who returned after being away from her for so long. He also addresses the long held comparison between discrimination of mutants and the systematic oppression of African Americans. Love this part. He has a very definite opinion on this, which he has Ororo express, as well as her take on what it means to be privileged, like T'Challa. And, of course, there is the part about the future Wakandan empire and T'Challa's reaction to what he saw, as well as what he "couldn't" or "wouldn't" see.

I think the conversation between T'Challa and Ororo, especially Ororo's response to T'Challa's concern about not seeing the empire for what it was, can be viewed as an example of what she meant when she told Nakia no woman can offer T'Challa what she can. Ororo's perspective, including her hurt, anger, jealousy, but also her love and support for T'Challa was done so well, IMO.

And yes, T'Challa does know about Krakoa.

Okay, I'm going to leave it at that for now. But there was one sista girl moment in the issue where Ororo cut her eye at T'Challa that was priceless. Okay, I'm really letting this go now until others have read the issue.
    omg I'm stanning!!!! I cant wait to read this issue thank you boo!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    My biggest problem with Storm’s presence in BP is that I’m always so much more interested in whats going on with her than the plot and narrative of the book itself. Whether we’re talking Hadari Yao or Blue, the experiences always alluded to but never expanded upon are much more interesting to me.

Anyway, that’s a roundabout way of saying it’s time for that Storm solo Coates promised. I’ve enjoyed his BP and this issue was no exception, but it’s clear he has so much to say with our girl.

I agree that Coates wants to go deeper with Ororo but also knows that he can't use too much of BP's pages devoted to her, so he gets in points about her where he can. I do think that he shows a greater range of emotions for Ororo than he does for T'Challa, which is a nice depiction of her character because she's shown as multi-faceted.

I agree that Coates wants to go deeper with Ororo but also knows that he can't use too much of BP's pages devoted to her, so he gets in points about her where he can. I do think that he shows a greater range of emotions for Ororo than he does for T'Challa, which is a nice depiction of her character because she's shown as multi-faceted.
    did tchalla have nice moments today as well?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg I'm stanning!!!! I cant wait to read this issue thank you boo!!
    There is some really good stuff about privilege and the legacy of enslavement of Africans in America. I won't say more because there is rich discussion to be had on what Coates brings up in this issue. We'll talk later.

There is some really good stuff about privilege and the legacy of enslavement of Africans in America. I won't say more because there is rich discussion to be had on what Coates brings up in this issue. We'll talk later.
    oh yes please dont spoil. I was just curious if he had some nice moments with what you were saying about ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post

Attachment 89702

this is gorgeous too fam. thanks 4 sharing

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did tchalla have nice moments today as well?

I think so. Their entire conversation was him being super honest and vulnerable with her in a way I think he feels he can be with few others. He spoke but he also listened. He grappled with many questions of why he didn't see certain things and how good it felt, initially, to see that Wakanda had flourished beyond his imaginings. T'Challa owns what he views as his shortcomings, which often results in feelings of guilt. He is, of course, also a man of action and a man who needs to put things right and protect people.

What I liked was Ororo's response to him--not excusing, minimizing, or chastising him for having blinders but a reframing of why his lens exists. Her empathy was great, and his openness was lovely to see. There is some angst between them, and he clearly understands why and is truly sorry.

Anything more would go into too many details, so I don't want to ruin it for others.

yes it is time for coates to finally get his chance to write this storm solo we were teased about back in 2017. hopefully Hickman will allow this to come to fruition.

I think so. Their entire conversation was him being super honest and vulnerable with her in a way I think he feels he can be with few others. He spoke but he also listened. He grappled with many questions of why he didn't see certain things and how good it felt, initially, to see that Wakanda had flourished beyond his imaginings. T'Challa owns what he views as his shortcomings, which often results in feelings of guilt. He is, of course, also a man of action and a man who needs to put things right and protect people.

What I liked was Ororo's response to him--not excusing, minimizing, or chastising him for having blinders but a reframing of why his lens exists. Her empathy was great, and his openness was lovely to see. There is some angst between them, and he clearly understands why and is truly sorry.

Anything more would go into too many details, so I don't want to ruin it for others.

ok please dont but you got me ao excited to read this issue!!! thank you again for the tidbits you provided!!!

If she was in another outfit this would be perfect! Agree with you in everything

I like everything except for the braids. They're too big for me. They look like snakes lol. If they were thinner and more of them it would be perfect.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Storm's sprite from X-Men vs. Street Fighter (1996).

Source: http://rebloggy.com/post/gif-gaming-...er/43116884727

BANNED

Black Panther (2018) #19

It's too early to get into a thorough discussion of this issue, so I'll wait until some of you have had a chance to read the issue. A couple of light spoilers ahead.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

I did enjoy this issue. The conversation is between T'Challa and Ororo and it is AFTER their reunion and conversation about T'Challa's relationship with Nakia. Coates gets into some of how Ororo feels about T'Challa's confession, as well as the man who returned after being away from her for so long. He also addresses the long held comparison between discrimination of mutants and the systematic oppression of African Americans. Love this part. He has a very definite opinion on this, which he has Ororo express, as well as her take on what it means to be privileged, like T'Challa. And, of course, there is the part about the future Wakandan empire and T'Challa's reaction to what he saw, as well as what he "couldn't" or "wouldn't" see.

I think the conversation between T'Challa and Ororo, especially Ororo's response to T'Challa's concern about not seeing the empire for what it was, can be viewed as an example of what she meant when she told Nakia no woman can offer T'Challa what she can. Ororo's perspective, including her hurt, anger, jealousy, but also her love and support for T'Challa was done so well, IMO.

And yes, T'Challa does know about Krakoa.

Okay, I'm going to leave it at that for now. But there was one sista girl moment in the issue where Ororo cut her eye at T'Challa that was priceless. Okay, I'm really letting this go now until others have read the issue.
    Baaaaabbbbyyyyyyy.... your take is one that I greatly appreciate and regularly look forward to. Our interpretation of the text isnt always in line with one another's, but for some reason I always end up nodding in agreement. I even cackled a few times.

I totally loved Storm's side eye at T'Challa. It felt very "you're the most intelligent man I know, do not insult us both by playing stupid." Their relationship shines like never before because of the depths of theirs souls are explored and laid bare to one another. Ororo is again elevating her man, the most strategic and intelligent man that she's ever known, to a place of legend. He was forced to fight to keep the name his mother gave him and he took it upon himself to fight for the name of Wakanda that he loves, not the Wakanda that grew into a perverted idea of its former glory. No one should expect a man of his stature to sit idly by as Wakanda becomes exactly what MCU Killmonger wanted to turn the country into.

I remain in awe of the ways in which T'Challa and Ororo continue to love one another through their disagreements. Just as I predicted Coates has found a way to mimic the narrative of Storm as the one true Hadari Yao through T'Challa's elevation as the legend who put the blade where it belonged. I honestly believe this issue brought them even closer. T'Challa understands Ororo's reluctance of accepting the name Hadari Yao. He had to literally fight to reclaim his memories and his name. He fought to claim his true sense of self. He had to reject the the beliefs, the myth, the legend that only served to keep him in chains. That's no different than what Storm has done with the myth and legend of the Hadari Yao. She's going to choose her own path. The way she connects the dots for him this issue is like issue #172 all over again, but in reverse.

There's just so much for me to love here! Storm has her signature cat irises she's supposed to. I really enjoy their banter here. Storm's not a telepath, but she reads T'Challa's mind like a book. It's clear they accept one another, flaws and all.