Page 200 of 309 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4634
  1. #2986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    chile.... some storm fans getting reprimanded for liking what coates has done with her in the BP books. apparently what is happening to bp in the BP book is the same that happened to storm in xmen gold, yet storm fans think everything centers around her so we dont care that tchalla is being shafted. that is the long short of the matter.
    Y'all wild!

    tumblr_inline_n694i0HA8K1qc2qcs.jpg

    Always something. I'll have to catch up on Shuri and BP to see what all the fuss is about.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  2. #2987
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    awwww who am I kidding lolol





    now imagine if coates had storm do what hudlin had her do. lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-25-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #2988
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Y'all wild!

    tumblr_inline_n694i0HA8K1qc2qcs.jpg

    Always something. I'll have to catch up on Shuri and BP to see what all the fuss is about.
    BP actually had been good but shuri has been more meh to me than anything. how do you know when the trades drop when multiple issues are in one book?

    and yes so much tea to sip in here lately lolol. there is always something lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-25-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #2989
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes but the BP writer is currently coates and if he wants to expand on the Black Panther mythos than he can do that however way he sees fit. Again the book isn't the mythos of Tchalla or King Tchalla. It is called black panther and as such he is expanding on the title character rather than the man who currently occupies the costume. Some may not like it, but it's what he is choosing to write. And if BP fans are going to get all aggressive about Storm and Coates then they can take those facts.
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR ISSUE-
    How does what he is doing with Storm BENEFIT HER?

    When folks look at SALES be it floppy or trades they are looking at WHOSE name is on the book.
    The powers that be are JUDGING that book based on WHOSE name is on it. No editor is going to listen (especially when it comes to POC) to anyone saying see that book sales-"so why can't (blank) have a mini or solo."

    They will say whose name is on the title? Or lets look at that person's last run.
    That is what Tony Isabella got hit with when he RIPPED Outsiders. Store owners FIRED back when Black Lightning HAD a title NO ONE BOUGHT IT.
    John Stewart fans got THREATEN with you better buy that Hal Jordan & TGLC book-if you want ANYTHING to be done with John.

    Storm in that Panther book ONLY benefits PANTHER and gives the X-Office an EXCUSE to wallpaper her.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the MOVIE not Coates.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the IMPACT they made in that movie.
    Shuri got a books BECAUSE she's a DISNEY PRINCESS and MORE folks were UPSET about her being dusted than anyone else from Infinity War.

    Storm has been FAILED by her franchise-book wise and ESPECIALLY movie wise.

    If Storm walked around Dark Phoenix as the baddest you know what since Trina and in the X-books-we would NOT be having this conversation.

    We are in an era where black women are no longer background fodder.

    We have had 6 titles from Marvel with Black WOMEN as solo leads.
    DC has 1 although a case could be made for 2.
    Image has/had at least 5
    Dark Horse had at least 4-6 mainly in the Aliens franchise
    I can think of maybe 6 more.

    Why are Storm fans settling for guest spots in Black Panther? Not at a time when folks are saying TAKE MY MONEY with black female lead books (mainly trades).

    Where is her book? Mini? One shot?

  5. #2990
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Lol they really were going in and not a single poster could really clap-back.
    I clapped back, but I had to go to work and by the time I got back on the conversation had shifted to the movie, so I let it go. But I can start again tonight when I get off if you'd like.

  6. #2991
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Y'all wild!

    tumblr_inline_n694i0HA8K1qc2qcs.jpg

    Always something. I'll have to catch up on Shuri and BP to see what all the fuss is about.
    It's nothing.
    LOL @ "reprimanded"
    I wish I cared that much about the opinions of fans over these fictional characters but seriously...I really don't.
    We all believe what we believe. And we don't ever have to agree.

  7. #2992
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR ISSUE-
    How does what he is doing with Storm BENEFIT HER?

    When folks look at SALES be it floppy or trades they are looking at WHOSE name is on the book.
    The powers that be are JUDGING that book based on WHOSE name is on it. No editor is going to listen (especially when it comes to POC) to anyone saying see that book sales-"so why can't (blank) have a mini or solo."

    They will say whose name is on the title? Or lets look at that person's last run.
    That is what Tony Isabella got hit with when he RIPPED Outsiders. Store owners FIRED back when Black Lightning HAD a title NO ONE BOUGHT IT.
    John Stewart fans got THREATEN with you better buy that Hal Jordan & TGLC book-if you want ANYTHING to be done with John.

    Storm in that Panther book ONLY benefits PANTHER and gives the X-Office an EXCUSE to wallpaper her.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the MOVIE not Coates.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the IMPACT they made in that movie.
    Shuri got a books BECAUSE she's a DISNEY PRINCESS and MORE folks were UPSET about her being dusted than anyone else from Infinity War.

    Storm has been FAILED by her franchise-book wise and ESPECIALLY movie wise.

    If Storm walked around Dark Phoenix as the baddest you know what since Trina and in the X-books-we would NOT be having this conversation.

    We are in an era where black women are no longer background fodder.

    We have had 6 titles from Marvel with Black WOMEN as solo leads.
    DC has 1 although a case could be made for 2.
    Image has/had at least 5
    Dark Horse had at least 4-6 mainly in the Aliens franchise
    I can think of maybe 6 more.

    Why are Storm fans settling for guest spots in Black Panther? Not at a time when folks are saying TAKE MY MONEY with black female lead books (mainly trades).

    Where is her book? Mini? One shot?
    1. the stuff coates has done has already benefited her in a tremendous way without the need of a solo. he has given her development that I honestly havent seen since it was announced she marrying tchalla. this has given fans a renewed interest in her. his writing of her was how rumors originally spread she was getting solo. so there are benefits that extend beyond the name of the title

    That said I agree with the bolded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I clapped back, but I had to go to work and by the time I got back on the conversation had shifted to the movie, so I let it go. But I can start again tonight when I get off if you'd like.
    please clap back but post here instead... (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #2993
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's nothing.
    LOL @ "reprimanded"
    I wish I cared that much about the opinions of fans over these fictional characters but seriously...I really don't. We all believe what we believe. We don't ever have to agree.
    well at least we found one thing we can agree on.

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #2994
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR ISSUE-
    How does what he is doing with Storm BENEFIT HER?

    When folks look at SALES be it floppy or trades they are looking at WHOSE name is on the book.
    The powers that be are JUDGING that book based on WHOSE name is on it. No editor is going to listen (especially when it comes to POC) to anyone saying see that book sales-"so why can't (blank) have a mini or solo."

    They will say whose name is on the title? Or lets look at that person's last run.
    That is what Tony Isabella got hit with when he RIPPED Outsiders. Store owners FIRED back when Black Lightning HAD a title NO ONE BOUGHT IT.
    John Stewart fans got THREATEN with you better buy that Hal Jordan & TGLC book-if you want ANYTHING to be done with John.

    Storm in that Panther book ONLY benefits PANTHER and gives the X-Office an EXCUSE to wallpaper her.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the MOVIE not Coates.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the IMPACT they made in that movie.
    Shuri got a books BECAUSE she's a DISNEY PRINCESS and MORE folks were UPSET about her being dusted than anyone else from Infinity War.

    Storm has been FAILED by her franchise-book wise and ESPECIALLY movie wise.

    If Storm walked around Dark Phoenix as the baddest you know what since Trina and in the X-books-we would NOT be having this conversation.

    We are in an era where black women are no longer background fodder.

    We have had 6 titles from Marvel with Black WOMEN as solo leads.
    DC has 1 although a case could be made for 2.
    Image has/had at least 5
    Dark Horse had at least 4-6 mainly in the Aliens franchise
    I can think of maybe 6 more.

    Why are Storm fans settling for guest spots in Black Panther? Not at a time when folks are saying TAKE MY MONEY with black female lead books (mainly trades).

    Where is her book? Mini? One shot?
    Which Storm fans are "settling for guest spots?" While many of us enjoy and accept what Coates is doing with Storm, we have also for some time now expressed our disappointment with the lack of Storm promotion in the X-verse and MU in general. We can like what Coates is doing and still expect more for the character.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  10. #2995
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Which Storm fans are "settling for guest spots?" While many of us enjoy and accept what Coates is doing with Storm, we have also for some time now expressed our disappointment with the lack of Storm promotion in the X-verse and MU in general. We can like what Coates is doing and still expect more for the character.
    this post is a great time for a plug... because it supports your point no one has been settling for guest spots... that said..


    if you havent please sign the petition. we are almost at 500 signatures!!

    https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #2996
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I clapped back, but I had to go to work and by the time I got back on the conversation had shifted to the movie, so I let it go. But I can start again tonight when I get off if you'd like.
    Feel free to do whatever you need to do to help you feel secure!

    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  12. #2997
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Feel free to do whatever you need to do to help you feel secure!

    lmfao yall really have had me rolling the past few couple of days.. I do love my storm fam.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #2998
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Thank You both. Ill start with:

    Let's see:

    -Tchalla was the one who pushed for a council of wakandan leaders to make decisions that impact the wakandan people; not just one man.

    Shuri told him to do that

    -In doing so tchalla challenged the tradition and norms not only of the royal family but of the ancestral black panthers.

    They've always had a tribal council/parliament and Tchalla seems to be doing the same thing he always did before so I don't see much coming from this new council.

    -Has made an effort to address all the missteps of his past including reconciling with his sister after leaving her to die and rekindling his love with his ex wife.

    Shuri chose to stay

    -Bringing together a group of heroes to defeat a God hellbent on destroying wakanda.

    Team ups happen in every modern panther run.

    -Sending a crew of wakandan explorers into space that would eventually lead to an empire of wakandans that was the most feared and respected in the entire universe

    Corrupting Hickmans ending by turning future Wakandans into the exact opposite of their normal behavior

    -Been an inspiration to people from the future all while to trying to regain his memory and figure out his place in the world.


    -Shuri made all of Wakanda's weapons. I mean Tchalla did tinker a bit.

    Most of the tech existed before she was born. She helped with the suits and the sneaker.

    -Shuri was the one who felt they should help the rest of Africa.

    Nakia. Shuri wanted to go to Coachella(sp)

    -His mother made all the big decisions.

    Only decision she made was to offer the herb to M'baku/Nakia

    -His cousin was able to outsmart him despite the fact that Tchalla went to all the best schools and is suppose to be well educated

    Explain outsmarted. But Killmonger went to MIT and a military acadamey

    -Tchalla looked dapper.
    -Tchalla got to take his mantle back.
    -Tchalla got to stand around and watch everyone else have great fight scenes.

    Except for the best two fight scenes. Those being the tribal challenges.

  14. #2999
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR ISSUE-
    How does what he is doing with Storm BENEFIT HER?

    When folks look at SALES be it floppy or trades they are looking at WHOSE name is on the book.
    The powers that be are JUDGING that book based on WHOSE name is on it. No editor is going to listen (especially when it comes to POC) to anyone saying see that book sales-"so why can't (blank) have a mini or solo."

    They will say whose name is on the title? Or lets look at that person's last run.
    That is what Tony Isabella got hit with when he RIPPED Outsiders. Store owners FIRED back when Black Lightning HAD a title NO ONE BOUGHT IT.
    John Stewart fans got THREATEN with you better buy that Hal Jordan & TGLC book-if you want ANYTHING to be done with John.

    Storm in that Panther book ONLY benefits PANTHER and gives the X-Office an EXCUSE to wallpaper her.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the MOVIE not Coates.
    Shuri, Doras & Killmonger got books BECAUSE of the IMPACT they made in that movie.
    Shuri got a books BECAUSE she's a DISNEY PRINCESS and MORE folks were UPSET about her being dusted than anyone else from Infinity War.

    Storm has been FAILED by her franchise-book wise and ESPECIALLY movie wise.

    If Storm walked around Dark Phoenix as the baddest you know what since Trina and in the X-books-we would NOT be having this conversation.

    We are in an era where black women are no longer background fodder.

    We have had 6 titles from Marvel with Black WOMEN as solo leads.
    DC has 1 although a case could be made for 2.
    Image has/had at least 5
    Dark Horse had at least 4-6 mainly in the Aliens franchise
    I can think of maybe 6 more.

    Why are Storm fans settling for guest spots in Black Panther? Not at a time when folks are saying TAKE MY MONEY with black female lead books (mainly trades).

    Where is her book? Mini? One shot?
    When it comes it comes. As I said before I go on what is published and what I choose to read. I'm not getting paid storm residulas so while I love the character I'm not about to create a storm needs more petition though I would do a comics need more diversity in general one. I don't take any of these conversations that seriously. I come here because it's fun to speculate and fun to debate and I like the community feel in general as well. People talking about a topic they like or hate. I don't expect anyone to be on the same page.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  15. #3000
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thank You both. Ill start with:

    Let's see:

    -Tchalla was the one who pushed for a council of wakandan leaders to make decisions that impact the wakandan people; not just one man.

    Shuri told him to do that

    -In doing so tchalla challenged the tradition and norms not only of the royal family but of the ancestral black panthers.

    They've always had a tribal council/parliament and Tchalla seems to be doing the same thing he always did before so I don't see much coming from this new council.

    -Has made an effort to address all the missteps of his past including reconciling with his sister after leaving her to die and rekindling his love with his ex wife.

    Shuri chose to stay

    -Bringing together a group of heroes to defeat a God hellbent on destroying wakanda.

    Team ups happen in every modern panther run.

    -Sending a crew of wakandan explorers into space that would eventually lead to an empire of wakandans that was the most feared and respected in the entire universe

    Corrupting Hickmans ending by turning future Wakandans into the exact opposite of their normal behavior

    -Been an inspiration to people from the future all while to trying to regain his memory and figure out his place in the world.


    -Shuri made all of Wakanda's weapons. I mean Tchalla did tinker a bit.

    Most of the tech existed before she was born. She helped with the suits and the sneaker.

    -Shuri was the one who felt they should help the rest of Africa.

    Nakia. Shuri wanted to go to Coachella(sp)

    -His mother made all the big decisions.

    Only decision she made was to offer the herb to M'baku/Nakia

    -His cousin was able to outsmart him despite the fact that Tchalla went to all the best schools and is suppose to be well educated

    Explain outsmarted. But Killmonger went to MIT and a military acadamey

    -Tchalla looked dapper.
    -Tchalla got to take his mantle back.
    -Tchalla got to stand around and watch everyone else have great fight scenes.

    Except for the best two fight scenes. Those being the tribal challenges.
    Lol right. Everyone was like "that tribal fight was fire!." Lol. It's not a good thing when your first moving outing shows your replaceable but I will respond to the rest when I get back home.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •